The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Sutton Bonington Accommodation

So, i got the offer for biotechnology, and i was checking out SB, and im kinda worried that its cut off from the rest of the world.. :P Im more of a city guy and SB seems too rural for my taste. Plz tell me im wrong. And also, is the hopper bus reliable for going downtown or not? thx
Original post by teovog
So, i got the offer for biotechnology, and i was checking out SB, and im kinda worried that its cut off from the rest of the world.. :P Im more of a city guy and SB seems too rural for my taste. Plz tell me im wrong. And also, is the hopper bus reliable for going downtown or not? thx

No, you are right, SB is rural but you can get the hopper bus back to the university for any nightlife related things. The only time the Hopper bus goes into town is on Saturdays so any other time you have to take one to the uni and then get a normal bus into town. SB has much more of a community feel as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the city which many people love. I'd definitely recommend coming and seeing for yourself though because that's the best way of knowing!

You can always live on campus or in accommodation that isn't at SB if you really want to, only around 5% of students who study at SB don't live there though but it is a possibility.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EMassey
No, you are right, SB is rural but you can get the hopper bus back to the university for any nightlife related things. The only time the Hopper bus goes into town is on Saturdays so any other time you have to take one to the uni and then get a normal bus into town. SB has much more of a community feel as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the city which many people love. I'd definitely recommend coming and seeing for yourself though because that's the best way of knowing!

You can always live on campus or in accommodation that isn't at SB if you really want to, only around 5% of students who study at SB don't live there though but it is a possibility.

Thx for the answer!
Well, if im right, all my classes will be at SB for biotech, so i think staying there is going to make my life much easier. Another question: how frequent is the bus for UPC? and if i need a taxi ride to city center how much does it cost?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by teovog
Thx for the answer!
Well, if im right, all my classes will be at SB for biotech, so i think staying there is going to make my life much easier. Another question: how frequent is the bus for UC? and if i need a taxi ride to city center how much does it cost?

This is the link to the current SB hopper bus timetable:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/documents/901-times.pdf

I don't know how much it costs from SB to the city centre, I'd say fairly pricey since it's about half an hour to get there. From UP to the city it costs no more than £6-8 if you use a decent company and tell them you're a student.
Reply 4
Original post by EMassey
This is the link to the current SB hopper bus timetable:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/documents/901-times.pdf

I don't know how much it costs from SB to the city centre, I'd say fairly pricey since it's about half an hour to get there. From UP to the city it costs no more than £6-8 if you use a decent company and tell them you're a student.

Hmm nice, so about half an hour for each bus. So taxi isn't much of an option.. :P And one last question :colondollar:: On the second year, ill have to find a place to stay (shared or whatever..). Apartments are only available in the city right? so ill have to take the bus for my courses? Or are there places you can rend closer to SB?
Original post by teovog
Hmm nice, so about half an hour for each bus. So taxi isn't much of an option.. :P And one last question :colondollar:: On the second year, ill have to find a place to stay (shared or whatever..). Apartments are only available in the city right? so ill have to take the bus for my courses? Or are there places you can rend closer to SB?

There's numerous places close to SB where you can live with friends but like before you can live nearer to the city if you want to (and it's a more popular choice from second year onwards particularly if you or a friends has a car!).
Reply 6
Original post by EMassey
There's numerous places close to SB where you can live with friends but like before you can live nearer to the city if you want to (and it's a more popular choice from second year onwards particularly if you or a friends has a car!).

True! :P Thank you very much for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending