The Student Room Group

Opinions needed on what uni to choose.

Hey, I've currently applied to both University of Greenwich and the University of East London to study childhood studies/child psychology and other similar named courses but all related to children.

I just needed some opinions as to which uni people think is the better choice. I was at Greenwich previously for 2 years doing another course but it didn't work out unfortunately. This new course would be at the avery hill campus. (I was previously at the maritime campus)

any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by fifi-1992
Hey, I've currently applied to both University of Greenwich and the University of East London to study childhood studies/child psychology and other similar named courses but all related to children.

I just needed some opinions as to which uni people think is the better choice. I was at Greenwich previously for 2 years doing another course but it didn't work out unfortunately. This new course would be at the avery hill campus. (I was previously at the maritime campus)

Have you looked into student finance? You're only allowed finance for the new course length plus one year, so as you've already studied for two years you'll be one year short. You can apply for more funding if you had "compelling personal reasons" that caused you to drop out, but you would need a lot of evidence to prove that it was impossible for you to stay.
According to The Times, Greenwich uni is ranked slightly higher than UEL, so I'd choose Greenwich if I were you. It also depends on the individual subject you plan on studying though, but overall Greenwich is better.
Reply 3
I should be ok. Based on what you said I gathered I have 4 years of funding left. My
New course is 3 years. I should be fine no?
Reply 4
Original post by sabinaraus
According to The Times, Greenwich uni is ranked slightly higher than UEL, so I'd choose Greenwich if I were you. It also depends on the individual subject you plan on studying though, but overall Greenwich is better.

I'm liking Greenwich too. Been before, and I feel more at home with it. I'm doing childhood studies
Reply 5
I should be ok. Based on what you said I gathered I have 4 years of funding left. My
New course is 3 years. I should be fine no?

No. You get 4 years of funding, but have already used 2.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
No. You get 4 years of funding, but have already used 2.

Oh balls, that's true. Ah... Thank you for reminding me about that. I'll look into it this week :smile:
The Avery Hill campus is quite nice (situated on a park), never been to UEL but I think Greenwich is better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8

I also applied to Greenwich for business management. It hasn't got a high ranjit unfortunately but it seemed good when I went on the open day but I don't think I'll be choosing it because I want to live at home and that is too far for me but it has nothing to do with the quality of the university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending