The Student Room Group

Guys need help in making a decision for uni, uea or nottingham for compsci?

So basically i had notts as my first choice, but uea which is my insurance are apparently investing more into their departments so idk what to choose, need an opinion on this asap?
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by abelk6827
So basically i had notts as my first choice, but uea which is my insurance are apparently investing more into their departments so idk what to choose, need an opinion on this asap?

Do you have a place at Nottingham following results day? Do UEA still have space on the course if you decide to decline your place at Notts?
Reply 2
If your Firm choice has been confirmed, you cannot now switch back to your Insurance.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
If your Firm choice has been confirmed, you cannot now switch back to your Insurance.

Original post by normaw
Do you have a place at Nottingham following results day? Do UEA still have space on the course if you decide to decline your place at Notts?

It was different for me, I decided to resit my maths gcse, so I was waiting for my result which I recieved on the 24th, so my UCAS HUB still says waiting for results, and nottingham takes several days to process the document i sent them of my results, so ucas hasnt updated, making me unable to accept or reject the offer. Since this is the case, I contacted UEA and they said I still have my offer, which is also unconditional in place. For Notts I also met all the grades required on my conditional offer, so im certain ill get in, but now im kind of stuck on what to choose between notts and uea.
(edited 8 months ago)
I would choose Notts as it is a RG uni.
Reply 5
Original post by iamthankful
I would choose Notts as it is a RG uni.

'Russell Group' is just a marketing concept - it doesn't actually mean anything beyond that.

It certainly doesnt mean that anyone will enjoy that course more, or have a happier time at that Uni.
Original post by McGinger
'Russell Group' is just a marketing concept - it doesn't actually mean anything beyond that.

It certainly doesnt mean that anyone will enjoy that course more, or have a happier time at that Uni.

Yes I know that, however, it sometimes influences employability except of course for medical courses. Given those two options, I would still pick Nottingham, but then, that's me:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by iamthankful
Yes I know that, however, it sometimes influences employability except of course for medical courses.

If you mean any degree that leads to a job in the NHS, 'which Uni' doesnt make any difference at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending