The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Vice-Cancellor Scholarship Music/Drama/Sport *2015 Entry*

Hello guys!
I created this topic so anyone who applied for the VC scholarship could get in touch!
I applied for Drama Section. Is there anyone who applied for the scholarship?
Anyway, good luck to you all!
I applied for Drama too! Was going to do music and then changed my mind. Looking forward to hearing the results at the end of March.

Best of luck to you too, as well as everyone else applying! :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by earwithfeet
I applied for Drama too! Was going to do music and then changed my mind. Looking forward to hearing the results at the end of March.

Best of luck to you too, as well as everyone else applying! :smile:

Oh, nice to hear from someone who applied too! Did you get a confirmation email or something? I didn't.. and I am quite anxious about them not receiving my application (because it was sent via mail) x(

Edit: and I sent them an email last Monday asking if they received it (my application should have been there by 7th January) , but I haven't heard from them :'(
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jo_ann24
Oh, nice to hear from someone who applied too! Did you get a confirmation email or something? I didn't.. and I am quite anxious about them not receiving my application (because it was sent via mail) x(

Edit: and I sent them an email last Monday asking if they received it (my application should have been there by 7th January) , but I haven't heard from them :'(

I got no confirmation email, but when I sent it by post I did pay for next day special delivery. So I could track it and make sure that if was delivered and signed by. I only became aware about the scheme on January 10th when Bristol sent me an email asking me to apply, so everything was done very quickly to make sure it got there in time! I sent mine on January 13th and it arrived on the 14th.

The site says we'll hear back in late March, so just have to hold on tight until then! :smile:

Fingers crossed for you. :smile:
Hello, I didn't apply for this scholarship because I don't have music or drama experience but could you tell me if Bristol offer any other UG scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Championt1
Hello, I didn't apply for this scholarship because I don't have music or drama experience but could you tell me if Bristol offer any other UG scholarships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline for scholarships for 2015 entry ended on Thursday last week, however there are a number of scholarships that you can apply for if you will be going to university in the next academic year (2016). You can find a full list of them here.
Reply 6
Hi I applied for a sports scholarship, just wondering when and how I will be notified of whether I was successful or not? Will they contact me even if I didn't get one?
Reply 7
Original post by Bwanap
Hi I applied for a sports scholarship, just wondering when and how I will be notified of whether I was successful or not? Will they contact me even if I didn't get one?

As far as i have read on the site it says that we will know the result in the last week of March . You should get an email saying that your scholarship application was successful or not :smile:
Hey, I applied for the music scholarship! I hope everything goes well for you guys.

For music there is an audition for the best candidates, is it the same with Drama/Sports or do you just hear based on your form?

Good luck! x
Original post by FrankySkinner
Hey, I applied for the music scholarship! I hope everything goes well for you guys.

For music there is an audition for the best candidates, is it the same with Drama/Sports or do you just hear based on your form?

Good luck! x

Best of luck to you! :smile:

As far as I know it's based completely on our UCAS application and scholarship application. I couldn't find anything that suggested an interview or audition of any kind. There are a tiny amount of places available, so I'm really hoping for a good outcome. :smile:
Reply 10
I applied for the music scholarship too :smile:
Original post by Rubygk
I applied for the music scholarship too :smile:

Nice! What degree are you applying for? Do you sing or play an instrument?:biggrin: I haven't spoken to many others applying for music. :s-smilie:

Did you get any confirmation that they received your application? I haven't heard anything...
Reply 12
Nice! What degree are you applying for? Do you sing or play an instrument?:biggrin: I haven't spoken to many others applying for music. :s-smilie:

Did you get any confirmation that they received your application? I haven't heard anything...

Engineering design, so quite a bit different from music haha and I play the clarinet and alto sax :smile: What about you? And me neither, you're the first! Nope I've heard nothing either, glad to know I'm not the only one, I was a bit worried :tongue:
Original post by Rubygk
Engineering design, so quite a bit different from music haha and I play the clarinet and alto sax :smile: What about you? And me neither, you're the first! Nope I've heard nothing either, glad to know I'm not the only one, I was a bit worried :tongue:

Engineering design? Wow, sounds complex! I'm hopefully doing Medicine as my degree. :smile: I play the flute, violin and piano. Did you do any grades? I'm a bit worried about the sort of standard they are after. I kind of feel like I'm kidding myself... :frown:

I guess that means they haven't replied to anyone yet. I e-mailed my application, not post though... :s-smilie:
Engineering design? Wow, sounds complex! I'm hopefully doing Medicine as my degree. :smile: I play the flute, violin and piano. Did you do any grades? I'm a bit worried about the sort of standard they are after. I kind of feel like I'm kidding myself... :frown:

I guess that means they haven't replied to anyone yet. I e-mailed my application, not post though... :s-smilie:

I didn't have any confirmation of receiving my application either. I doubt we'll hear anything until the end of March as stated on the website, but fingers crossed for everybody! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending