The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kregan1
has anyone had an interview/offer for DMU childrens nursing? i sent my UCAS off early december and its my only one left to reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for adult nursing at the same time and still waiting also
Reply 1501
Original post by chloekenneally
I applied at the end of November, when did you apply? Have you applied anywhere else/had interviews?

I applied on 18th December- they are the only 2 I applied for as I have small children so need to go to a local uni (I live in Southampton)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jenniferelka
Applied for mental health nursing. Had an interview at teesside and waiting to here. Interview offers for Anglia Ruskin and Derby and waiting on Northumbria

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you receive your offer from Anglia Ruskin? :smile: I had my interview in December but haven't heard back yet :smile:
Original post by Beni24
When did you receive your offer from Anglia Ruskin? :smile: I had my interview in December but haven't heard back yet :smile:

Sorry I don't think I worded that well haha. I have an interview there coming up. What was it like? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Navpreet75
Hi I've got a interview for learning disability nursing nxt week...
What kind of questions were asked at the bcu interview anything to do with the mental health act?

I'm not applying for Learning Disability nursing, but I'd say look at the Mental Capacity Act too!
Sorry I don't think I worded that well haha. I have an interview there coming up. What was it like? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't too bad, just make sure you study for the Maths and literacy test and you'll be fine :smile: After the test I had the group interview and then our Individual interviews :smile: Good luck
Original post by Beni24
It wasn't too bad, just make sure you study for the Maths and literacy test and you'll be fine :smile: After the test I had the group interview and then our Individual interviews :smile: Good luck

What were the tests like? They are the things that worry me the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the tests like? They are the things that worry me the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The maths test was basic maths, so addition,multiplication,division,subtraction, conversions,percentages and decimals. However for the Literacy test you have to write an essay on a topic which they will tell you :smile: Don't worry about it, you'll be fine! :smile: I would suggest you perhaps look over GCSE maths and drug calculations :smile: I think there are some example papers online which you can use to practice :smile:
Original post by Beni24
The maths test was basic maths, so addition,multiplication,division,subtraction, conversions,percentages and decimals. However for the Literacy test you have to write an essay on a topic which they will tell you :smile: Don't worry about it, you'll be fine! :smile: I would suggest you perhaps look over GCSE maths and drug calculations :smile: I think there are some example papers online which you can use to practice :smile:

Okay thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your Welcome :biggrin: Have you had any other interviews/offers yet? :smile:
Original post by falling
I'm not applying for Learning Disability nursing, but I'd say look at the Mental Capacity Act too!

Thanks!
Anyone had an offer from DMU, LJMU, Hull or Sheffield Hallam for Mental Health Nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got word back form liverpool john mores...rejected with not even an interview...anyone shed some light on this??
Original post by rachelkoeman
just got word back form liverpool john mores...rejected with not even an interview...anyone shed some light on this??

When did you apply? I had and interview there Friday! Do have work experience/ good personal statement/grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't get to interview either as I am pending a resit GCSE 👎there was a note informing of reason for rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelkoeman

I was the same to :frown: even though I had good grades, predicted grades and lots of experience but it was due to my personal statement, saying I lacked as to why I wanted to be an adult nurse, which I thought I did explain.. :s-smilie: awell :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pretty please
I didn't get to interview either as I am pending a resit GCSE 👎there was a note informing of reason for rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pending a science GCSE resit but I got an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by janec1
I was the same to :frown: even though I had good grades, predicted grades and lots of experience but it was due to my personal statement, saying I lacked as to why I wanted to be an adult nurse, which I thought I did explain.. :s-smilie: awell :smile:

atleast I'm not the only one! mine just says lacked key words...BLAH!!

just worried every other college is going to say the same thing now :/
Original post by Shannon_1997
When did you apply? I had and interview there Friday! Do have work experience/ good personal statement/grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

didn't see the note about my statement, it lacked 'key words'. i only applied a few days before the deadline...do you think that makes a difference to be early or not?? surely that isn't very fair!
Mines maths which is part of course entry requirements whereas science isn't. I did phn up afterwards as people are pending alevels etc but nope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending