The Student Room Group

***Grow your Grades study help requests***

Grow your Grades

I hope everyone's blogs are going alright! If you need any help or advice setting it up then head over to
our discussion thread

If you need help with any topic or subject in particular to improve your grades, then you can ask for help here!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
As well as being able to ask questions in our Study Help Forums, you can now ask for more prolonged help and advice here! Our Study Help team will be available to give you lots of help understanding and revising topics, so just request what you want here and someone will get back to you! :biggrin:

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Well I really need help in GCSE AQA Additional Physics, Edexcel Maths I need to push my B to an A* I really struggle with Circle Theorems and AQA English Language paper. I always just panic cause I'm never sure how to answer the questions :s-smilie:
Original post by AnimeFreak101
Well I really need help in GCSE AQA Additional Physics, Edexcel Maths I need to push my B to an A* I really struggle with Circle Theorems and AQA English Language paper. I always just panic cause I'm never sure how to answer the questions :s-smilie:

I did AQA physics and English Language, are there any topics in particular you need help with? :h:

Hey, I might be able to give a bit of help with maths (: I did edexcel and got an A*
I need help on History GCSE medicine through time :smile:

Have you watched Mr Bruff on youtube it should really help you in English hope that helps:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BryonyG98
Hey, I might be able to give a bit of help with maths (: I did edexcel and got an A*

Any tips, past papers seem the best but any others?
Original post by JohnLE
Any tips, past papers seem the best but any others?

The best thing is practice questions before practice papers.

Go through every question in the book, atleast once maybe even twice if there is a section you are struggling with; then move on to past papers.

What did you do? It might sound stupid but I'm really terrible at functional maths especially DX
Original post by catherinexxx
Have you watched Mr Bruff on youtube it should really help you in English hope that helps:smile:

Yeah, I know of him. He helps but I don't feel like it's enough so I bought a book which also helps I'm just worried about the actual thing and how the structure will be and I don't have enough time during weekdays to do a full timed exam paper.
Hey i really need help learning exam technique fr AQA A2 Biology and Chemistry. Seemingly I'm good at learning content but I can't translate that into good exam answers.

May need help for MEI C3 and C4 Maths as well :frown:
Im really struggling with as level AQA physics I just cant apply the information to questions
What did you do? It might sound stupid but I'm really terrible at functional maths especially DX

I mainly did every question in the book (more than once if needed) and then did past papers. I asked my teacher if I got stuck and they were always there to help (:
I need some help with A2 Environmental Studies (AQA). I need AAB to get into my firm uni, and I'm heading to get 2A*s or A's in my other two subjects because of my AS UMS, but I got a low C in this in AS. I'm retaking the module I did the worst in, because I was only 2 UMS off a B in the other module.

If anyone around here is doing or has done ES, then I would appreciate some help with exam technique, as this lets me down rather than my knowledge, and I'm really worried I won't get a B.
I mainly did every question in the book (more than once if needed) and then did past papers. I asked my teacher if I got stuck and they were always there to help (:

I think I'll do that for the topics I don't get. I looked through my mock paper and made notes of the questions I got wrong, after revising for an entrance exam, I'm going to focus on them. I've got to revise 'co-ordinate geometry' with no idea what topics it includes, my only guess is equations of circles or some random thing I don't even know. :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
I think I'll do that for the topics I don't get. I looked through my mock paper and made notes of the questions I got wrong, after revising for an entrance exam, I'm going to focus on them. I've got to revise 'co-ordinate geometry' with no idea what topics it includes, my only guess is equations of circles or some random thing I don't even know. :s-smilie:

I can't remember exactly what was in co-ordinate geometry, however it would be anything to do with equations of a line, quadratics might be included, circle theorems and translations and tranformations. Anything that could involve a graph basically
I can't remember exactly what was in co-ordinate geometry, however it would be anything to do with equations of a line, quadratics might be included, circle theorems and translations and tranformations. Anything that could involve a graph basically

Circle Theorem?! I'm screwed! :frown: But it's nothing major I'll just revise that today. Thanks! :smile:
Circle Theorem?! I'm screwed! :frown: But it's nothing major I'll just revise that today. Thanks! :smile:

Im not sure if circle theorems would be included but I would have thought so... do you have a test or something?
Im not sure if circle theorems would be included but I would have thought so... do you have a test or something?

Yeah an entrance exam for a sixth form I really want to get into, luckily they give you the topics that will come up. However it's really competitive so I've got to get one of the highest marks and an A preferably an A* on the GCSE Maths exam to stand out from the rest as A-level maths is a really popular subject choice.
Yeah an entrance exam for a sixth form I really want to get into, luckily they give you the topics that will come up. However it's really competitive so I've got to get one of the highest marks and an A preferably an A* on the GCSE Maths exam to stand out from the rest as A-level maths is a really popular subject choice.

Well good luck (: When is the exam?

Latest

Trending

Trending