The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by allievy
Well, it's very relieving knowing I am not the only one in this situation, I thought that...well, idk really but I was scared it was bad news. I also applied to Birmingham, St Andrews and Aberdeen (Scotland). Haven't heard from either. Although Bgham did ask for my grade transcript back in november, but nothing ever since. As for St Andrews and Aberdeen, I know they start replying after jan 15th so I don't think I will hear from them any time soon. I am just genuinely nervous about UCL and their lack of response. Oh, about that, one more question: did u get an email saying that "your application is now being considered" or something? I got mine in november and I thought they had made one of those "fields" they talk about in that email, which is mainly why it concerns me that I haven't heard from them at all so far...
Btw, congratulations on you offers! :tongue: Have you thought about your firm choice? (I'm sure you'll get into UCL too, dont worry about it).

To be honest, I don't think it's bad news, quite the opposite actually! I understand they're very competitive, but if they had no intention of making us an offer, they could have rejected us a lot sooner. Maybe no news is good news, in this case (that's what I tell myself to keep my sanity, anyway :biggrin:).
Have you tried emailing the other unis? I did send KCL a message and within a day I received an offer, maybe you can do that as well with Birmingham or St Andrew's!
I received the same email as you from UCL around November and got really anxious, but then realised it's probably nothing. Most likely, that was the day when the department received our applications. (but didn't bother to look over them haha)
If UCL accepts me, then that will be my firm, with either KCL/Queen Mary as insurance, but if not, then just those two as firm and insurance. It's a bit soon to talk about choices, as we don't have all the offers, but have you thought about this as well? :smile: and what subjects are you studying for the Baccalaureate?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 781
Original post by sabinaraus
To be honest, I don't think it's bad news, quite the opposite actually! I understand they're very competitive, but if they had no intention of making us an offer, they could have rejected us a lot sooner. Maybe no news is good news, in this case (that's what I tell myself to keep my sanity, anyway :biggrin:).
Have you tried emailing the other unis? I did send KCL a message and within a day I received an offer, maybe you can do that as well with Birmingham or St Andrew's!
I received the same email as you from UCL around November and got really anxious, but then realised it's probably nothing. Most likely, that was the day when the department received our applications. (but didn't bother to look over them haha)
If UCL accepts me, then that will be my firm, with either KCL/Queen Mary as insurance, but if not, then just those two as firm and insurance. It's a bit soon to talk about choices, as we don't have all the offers, but have you thought about this as well? :smile: and what subjects are you studying for the Baccalaureate?

OK, so first of all, what should I say in my email? I thought about contacting them but I guess I didn't want so seem too intrusive?:smile:)

Anyway, I'm taking Romanian, History and Psych as my written subjects...though I don't even have the energy to worry about that at the moment.

As for my firm choice...well, let's just say I need an offer first :smile:)) but UCL or Bgham I guess, should either make me an offer...
Original post by allievy
OK, so first of all, what should I say in my email? I thought about contacting them but I guess I didn't want so seem too intrusive?:smile:)

Anyway, I'm taking Romanian, History and Psych as my written subjects...though I don't even have the energy to worry about that at the moment.

As for my firm choice...well, let's just say I need an offer first :smile:)) but UCL or Bgham I guess, should either make me an offer...

I'm taking the same Bac subjects :wink: hope that UCL, with their extremely scientific approach, won't reject us just because we don't take Maths/Biology etc.
About the email - it shouldn't be too long, just start by mentioning your name and personal ucas number (so that they know who's contacting them) and ask to "enquire about the status of your application, as you want to reinstate your interest in studying Psych at X uni" - something like that. You can also offer to provide more details, if these should be necessary for them to make a decision.
Keep me updated with how it goes and good luck! :smile:
Reply 783
I'm taking the same Bac subjects :wink: hope that UCL, with their extremely scientific approach, won't reject us just because we don't take Maths/Biology etc.
About the email - it shouldn't be too long, just start by mentioning your name and personal ucas number (so that they know who's contacting them) and ask to "enquire about the status of your application, as you want to reinstate your interest in studying Psych at X uni" - something like that. You can also offer to provide more details, if these should be necessary for them to make a decision.
Keep me updated with how it goes and good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much for the advice, I will contact them as soon as possible. As for the entry requirements, I can assure you they won't be the reason if we are rejected - if an applicant does not meet the entry requirements, they are rejected and notified right away (I should know, it's what happened with Glasgow, they replied the very next day to let me know). So not to worry about that! And also, UCL had psychology in their list of subject choices, so that should be reassuring enough.

I will let you know if I hear anything back (from anyone). And thanks again for the info, it really helped.

Good luck with UCL!
Original post by 0114joe
Just r
eceived an offer for Biomedical Engineering, anyone else have an offer to study this?

Yeah I want to study that too. What are your predicted grades?
Original post by engineer62
Yeah I want to study that too. What are your predicted grades?

Are you planning on firming UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Are you planning on firming UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have not received a reply from UCL yet
Original post by engineer62
I have not received a reply from UCL yet

Oh ok, good luck! Is it your top choice then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Oh ok, good luck! Is it your top choice then? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. To be honest, I dont what is my first choice but UCL is amazing! Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 789
Original post by ak2015
Congrats on your offer! If you don't mind my asking, when did you send your application?

Hmm I sent mine off on 28th of November. How have you been waiting for?
Reply 790
anyone applied for history, economics and politics?

So we quite the same, no reply from UCL for psychology but received all other four offers including kcl. UCL is just so slow. For kcl psychology is a new course, so what do you think of it?
Original post by somatarth
So we quite the same, no reply from UCL for psychology but received all other four offers including kcl. UCL is just so slow. For kcl psychology is a new course, so what do you think of it?

Well although it's new, I've read the course structure and everything on their website and it seems really professional. With KCL's standards, I doubt it is anything but that.
I know they're also seeking accreditation, and that it will most likely be accredited by September 2015, so I don't worry much about that either. KCL will probably be my insurance. What are your thoughts on it? :smile:
Same, went to open day last year and understood kcl has one of the best postgraduate course or training for clinical psychologist. Again just not sure if kcl is more on clinical while others may be less specific in discipline?example ucl has a new school of education with c800 psychology, more with children.
do we get priority for accomodation when we firm ucl, after receiving unconditional offers?
Original post by solarplexus
do we get priority for accomodation when we firm ucl, after receiving unconditional offers?

I don't think so, think its just all based on preference.. Got to make it fair
Reply 796
Anyone know when the term starts and when freshers week and all that is?
Original post by Jeubs
Anyone know when the term starts and when freshers week and all that is?

You can move into halls on the 19th of september.. And then term actually starts on the 28th
Reply 798
Original post by emiliehill95
You can move into halls on the 19th of september.. And then term actually starts on the 28th

Thanks, have you firmed?
Original post by Jeubs
Thanks, have you firmed?

Yeah, firmed like last week. Just waiting to apply for accom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending