The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Thanks a lot! that has cleared most things I was confused about. I will contact UCL tomorrow morning :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by tazza ma razza
bro, i have been waiting since october... but for economics

Just check when visit days are - they will release offers before these dates :smile:

Haha there's quite a few of us

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abbababa
Heyy has anyone applied for their biomedical science and received an offer? When are you guys going to their open day?

Hey buddy, i received an offer back in November with the condition being AAA which must include chem and bio. I am not going to the open day as I am pretty sure I wont firm/insure this choice. Have fun with it though:smile:
Reply 983
Original post by JamjamjamT
1) I have just had the email offering the STEP support. Not sure if I will register as I am not planning to take STEP.
2) UCL is my hardest offer (A*A*A) at present versus (AAA & AAB) and I still have 2 top Universities to reply to me. I honestly cannot say what I will do until all of my choices have replied.

If the support is on offer and available, use it....good luck.

Hey congrats for your offer, when did you apply?
Original post by samu16
Hey congrats for your offer, when did you apply?

I applied December 12th
Original post by Master Sam
Ohh right I don't know why I haven't received that email? :confused: but thanks for the dates

i haven't recieved the email - some nice guy on TSR sent it me
Original post by Tommy1996
Anyone here got an offer for natural sciences? I'm going on post offer visit days to help me choose where I want to go. I went to Nottingham last Saturday, going Leeds tomorrow and London is this Wednesday. Can anyone give me any insight as to where they would choose to go and why? All my offers are similar so Im kind of stuck

A friend of mine received an offer of A*AA for Natural Sciences in December if i remember correctly.
Reply 987
I've got an offer for history BA too!
Hello, everyone! congratulations to your offers!
Does anyone applied for Interview MSc Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology?
and can you pls share your experience of the interview? thank you !!
Original post by tazza ma razza
i haven't recieved the email - some nice guy on TSR sent it me

Why, thank you very much.
Any news for you today?
Reply 990
I'm not sure if I am counted as an offer holder but I received the Open day invitation for Economics :rolleyes: did not expect a reply to come so soon as my application only gone through in early December :s
So, I now have to try and chose between UCL for BSc Maths (Offer - A*A*A) and LSE for BSc Business Maths & Stats (Offer AAA).
Any advice welcomed...
Original post by victoria1235
Hey buddy, i received an offer back in November with the condition being AAA which must include chem and bio. I am not going to the open day as I am pretty sure I wont firm/insure this choice. Have fun with it though:smile:

I see... Why wont you firm/insure UCL and what unis have you applied to? (if you dont mind me asking)
I see... Why wont you firm/insure UCL and what unis have you applied to? (if you dont mind me asking)

My guess is that they are a medicine applicant and so biomed is their fifth choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am a medicine applicant. UCL is just my backup choice :smile:
I am a medicine applicant. UCL is just my backup choice :smile:

Ohh... so do you think ucl's biomed is better than kcl's? coz im still deciding which one to firm. obviously ucl has a better reputation but i wonder what their biomed department's like.
Ohh... so do you think ucl's biomed is better than kcl's? coz im still deciding which one to firm. obviously ucl has a better reputation but i wonder what their biomed department's like.

Just take my advice as a pinch of salt but kcl's neuroscience is definitely one of the top courses that is well-equipped with leading expertise. Seeing biomed and neuroscience are closely-related and possibly being managed by the same department, i would definitely go for kcl instead. Make no mistake. UCL is excellent too but kcl apparently has an upper-hand in this field.
Original post by one pound fish
That's rubbish, UCL is the institute with the upper-hand.

Alright buddy. Thanks for the opinion:smile:
Just take my advice as a pinch of salt but kcl's neuroscience is definitely one of the top courses that is well-equipped with leading expertise. Seeing biomed and neuroscience are closely-related and possibly being managed by the same department, i would definitely go for kcl instead. Make no mistake. UCL is excellent too but kcl apparently has an upper-hand in this field.

Thanks:smile: but why did you choose ucl instead? just wondering.

UCL has a Nobel prize winner in its neuroscience staff. You can't compete with that. Plus UCL's international reputation is better by a long shot than KCL's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending