The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PurpleGhost25175
We have just started Mill's liberty ideas. But I am doing RS and its split into Ethics and Buddhism. We are doing Justice, Moral Law and Punishment now in Ethics.

Are you reading the book yet? I've only just started but I'm finding it hard going if I'm honest.
Original post by The Nightingale
Are you reading the book yet? I've only just started but I'm finding it hard going if I'm honest.

We only just started Mill this week. I haven't heard about any books yet. Maybe RS students may not have to go into Mill so deeply as philosophy students.
Which exam board are you doing?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:banana: :rave: Half term is over! :rave: :banana:

:woo: Hope everyone has had a great first day back! :woo:

How are things going with everyone? :h:

For those of you who set yourselves goals for half term, how did it go? :cookie:

Goal Setters

Everyone else - how are you feeling about things?

There's been a few threads set up over the past week which everyone might find useful:

How many days until your first exam? GCSE & A-level
Exam Discussion thread list
What are your target grades (current year 11)
When do you go on Study leave? (GCSE students)
Best Music For Studying?
How did your mocks compare to your predicted grades?

:banana2: Hope these come in handy for everyone! :banana2:

Spoiler

I set up half term goals too! I'll update how I did on them when I get home today :smile:

[INDENT]My uni offer is AAA. How many more ums marks would i need to achieve this overall?

As grades:

Maths:
C1:75 b
C2:62 c
S1:58 d

Retaking C2 and S1

Chemistry:

F321: 59 c
F322: 78 d

Retaking f322

Biology:
F211: 47 D
f212: 78 d

Retaking f212.

I'm doing A2 so how much would i need to get in As and A2 overall? How many ums marks and what grades?

Original post by Keke000

[INDENT]My uni offer is AAA. How many more ums marks would i need to achieve this overall?

As grades:

Maths:
C1:75 b
C2:62 c
S1:58 d

Retaking C2 and S1

Chemistry:

F321: 59 c
F322: 78 d

Retaking f322

Biology:
F211: 47 D
f212: 78 d

Retaking f212.

I'm doing A2 so how much would i need to get in As and A2 overall? How many ums marks and what grades?

To achieve the A grade, you need to score at least 80% over the full A-Level (AS + A2) in terms of UMS. So you need to score 480/600 overall for those subjects. :yy:
:banana: :rave: Half term is over! :rave: :banana:

:woo: Hope everyone has had a great first day back! :woo:

How are things going with everyone? :h:

For those of you who set yourselves goals for half term, how did it go? :cookie:

Goal Setters

Everyone else - how are you feeling about things?

There's been a few threads set up over the past week which everyone might find useful:

How many days until your first exam? GCSE & A-level
Exam Discussion thread list
What are your target grades (current year 11)
When do you go on Study leave? (GCSE students)
Best Music For Studying?
How did your mocks compare to your predicted grades?

:banana2: Hope these come in handy for everyone! :banana2:

Spoiler

Only "fully" achieved one of my goals and it was the only one that was not related to my GCSE exams

:bl: Thought everyone might be interested to read the February Grow your grades round-up!! :bl:

Spoiler

tellmeimmageek]x
Castiel.
x

Zaros
x

Fruitbasket786
x

Bleostar22
x

Mad Sounds
x

danniegee
x

JamboGooner
x

radpanda
x

jshep000
x

orphan_black
x

Obiejess
x

ElleM1407
x

Elsie.Duffy
x

bibo_the_fish
x

TheGemini
x

pankhap
x

Xin Xang
x

sporadic_
x

Kyramei
x

Barnsper
x

manishahjee
x

lanacurtis123
x

Lucyisglaswegian
x

Killerpenguin15
x

AstroNandos
x

AnnekaChan173
x

Angelo12231
x

AmyGeorge98
x

CaptainDJJoe
x

Chittesh14
x

esfio
x

banana_pi
x

ShootingStar_
x

sunny_rain123
x

Loopsandhoops
x

MrMackyTV
x

Ann1994
x

l1lvink
x

adunbilivit
x

sophie-louise
x

BluestAngel
x

Edminzodo
x

MissExo-k
x
what competition u guys are talking about? and yeah i'm really panicking about remembering stuff
(edited 9 years ago)
I updated the results of my half term goals! :smile:
:bl: ~~ March Update! ~~ :bl:

Hey everyone :h: I hope you all have had a great couple of weeks. :smile:
:rave: Everyone's blogs are looking amazing! :rave:

:h:

I wrote an article for the February Grow your grades roundup - I thought it would be nice to keep a summary of how things are going each month. Let me know what you think about it.

February's one was really about goal setting - it's a really useful skill so maybe it would be a good idea for everyone to set themselves a goal for March too! :rave: If you need help, the article should be useful. :yy: Let everyone know what your goal is in the thread. :rave:

:banana:

We also thought it would be really lovely to keep on giving a subscription to people who are active with their blogs. One update a week is a pretty good target to aim for, so everyone who kept their blog updated in both of the last two weeks of Feb will retain their sub. :h: We'll review this at the start of each month.

Maintained bogs in February

Is there anything you're finding difficult in particular? Or any key things you think should be covered in the next roundup? :awesome: Let me know! :h:

Spoiler

just quoting becuase i though i posted on mine in the past 2 weeks, although i could be mistaken about im about to check and stuff.
I got my report yesterday and my teachers are saying that I have problems with interpreting and explaining my ideas. This is especially true in Maths. So for example in maths, I would have trouble understanding some of the questions as I just can't get my head around probability. I have also been told to improve my exam technique and this can up my grade massively. Any advice or helpful tips will be welcomed!
Hi!
Is anyone doing their a levels as a private student? Because I am, and i really wouldnt mind a study buddy :3
I'm doing AICT, maths and chemistry from the CIE board

and I need help particularly in AICT. the practical paper is in a month and i feel confident that i'm going to fail. There is still time left, but I have so many questions, is there anyone who can help me out? And perhaps I can help them out too with their doubts :smile:

Cheers!
Is anyone here doing edexcel as chemistry? Need some help with a few things :smile:
Original post by Shamoo28
Hi!
Is anyone doing their a levels as a private student? Because I am, and i really wouldnt mind a study buddy :3

and I need help particularly in AICT. the practical paper is in a month and i feel confident that i'm going to fail. There is still time left, but I have so many questions, is there anyone who can help me out? And perhaps I can help them out too with their doubts :smile:

Cheers!

I do maths but I do MEI (OCR) maths. I can still attempt some help on topics that are similar.
I didn't update my blog in either of the last weeks of February, so I'm surprised that I still have my free subscription! In any case, I just updated my blog now.
Original post by flibber
I didn't update my blog in either of the last weeks of February, so I'm surprised that I still have my free subscription! In any case, I just updated my blog now.

It seems that the TSR mods have realised their error. Still, at least I was being honest!
Original post by Shamoo28
Hi!

Cheers!

Original post by chantellerose
Is anyone here doing edexcel as chemistry? Need some help with a few things :smile:

Im doing Maths and Chemistry, but both are AQA, so although I won't be the best person to help you, I'm sure the specifications overlap a lot.
If you need a hand, just send me a message or post a comment on my blog.
Best of luck! :wavey:
Original post by l1lvink
Im doing Maths and Chemistry, but both are AQA, so although I won't be the best person to help you, I'm sure the specifications overlap a lot.
If you need a hand, just send me a message or post a comment on my blog.
Best of luck! :wavey:

Thank you :smile:
I was having a similar problem have not really started revising for my as level and it's March I don't know if it's too late. Any help for techniques or things I can do to help boost my grades. I do history economics psychology and maths. Previous mocks I got AAAC. Any helpful revision types or tips are much appreciated. Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending