The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kendellex
Hey guys, I'm currently a first year in UoN studying Natural Sciences. If you have any questions about accommodation, the uni or the city itself dont hesitate to ask!

How early would you recommend applying for second year accommodation to get housing in somewhere nice like Beeston?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by NCHOWD
Hi. I applied for accommodation on the 2nd but still haven't received a confirmation email or any updates. Is this normal or has everyone else already received their conformations?

I haven't heard anything either and I applied on the 2nd too!
Original post by KarMa611
How early would you recommend applying for second year accommodation to get housing in somewhere nice like Beeston?

Hey! Some people start looking in December but the Unipol houses are released in January. They are basically houses with good landlords and are decent. You also have extra protection if something does go wrong with the house. I got my house sorted in February. So January/February would probably be the best time to look!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey there! I'm going to UoN in September to study adult nursing. And I put St. Peter's court as my first option, and today I got a email saying it's successful and need to fill out a form to send them about how I would want to pay my installements etc.
I'm aware that I have to pay a £250 deposit, but it also said i would need to pay first installment or the lot on the 26th of August, which is before my course begins.. Would the installment be my own money? Or would my money be in my account by then? Thank you x
Original post by Lozloz1
Hey there! I'm going to UoN in September to study adult nursing. And I put St. Peter's court as my first option, and today I got a email saying it's successful and need to fill out a form to send them about how I would want to pay my installements etc.
I'm aware that I have to pay a £250 deposit, but it also said i would need to pay first installment or the lot on the 26th of August, which is before my course begins.. Would the installment be my own money? Or would my money be in my account by then? Thank you x

Hey. To be honest you won't get your first payment of loan until a few days into term so maybe like the 26/27th September. You could ring and ask SPC if you can change your payment dates as you are long dependent but I expect they will still want your deposit. I'm not sure if they will let you do it as SPC is a Unite student accommodation but the uni accommodation definitely allows you to give your first payment late if you are loan dependent! My best bet is to contact them and see what they say 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you, is it possible you could add me on Facebook? "Lauren Turner" I have a purple top on lol.. I'm so confused with all this. Today I have called several numbers asking them about it and they basically just kept giving me different numbers to call, so I was basically going round in circles and got no advice. Unite told me to contact Nottingham and Nottingham told me to contact unite. I'll be fine paying accommodation, but don't know how I'll pay an additional £505 and be able to afford Freshers etc. :-(
Original post by JoshGodber
Is anyone doing Humanistic Counselling? :smile:
OR
anyone staying at raleigh park accomodation, specifically the hosues? :smile:

i got my place on the counselling course but i'm living at home as im a mature student
Original post by Lozloz1
Thank you, is it possible you could add me on Facebook? "Lauren Turner" I have a purple top on lol.. I'm so confused with all this. Today I have called several numbers asking them about it and they basically just kept giving me different numbers to call, so I was basically going round in circles and got no advice. Unite told me to contact Nottingham and Nottingham told me to contact unite. I'll be fine paying accommodation, but don't know how I'll pay an additional £505 and be able to afford Freshers etc. :-(

Hey, I couldnt find you! You might as well add me because my name is slightly unusual. My name is Kendelle Brownlee and it's the black and white profile picture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RosieMarie
Haha I didn't have a clue! 🙊 yeah I agree haha 😅 I'm the same lol I only know the victoria shopping centre, rock city and the QMC.. Its too big!

Haha oh dear were gonna be useless! 🙈 have you heard anything from accommodation yet? 😊
Reply 1169
Original post by kendellex
Hey guys, I'm currently a first year in UoN studying Natural Sciences. If you have any questions about accommodation, the uni or the city itself dont hesitate to ask!

Hi Kendall, I'm having trouble deciding rooms. I've never been to the U.K. so I'm confused. I can't decide between jubilee campus, and broad gate and Raleigh park. I think Raleigh park looks a bit old and seems so far away. And I'm not sure if jubilee campus is ideal since I would probably stay in the dorms during the holidays. And I don't want to be paying extra money. I don't know.. Also is it better to share bathrooms? I'm kind of weirded out by that since I've lived without sharing anything really. I know how bad that sounds. But yeah, which is better? And which one has better gyms? Like broad gate or jubilee and also, am I able to go to the study area in like university park or the library in jubilee campus if I end up going to broad gate instead? Ahhh! Please help!

Posted from The Student's Room iPhone/iPad App
Hi
Did anyone get offers for UoN Medicine A100 for 2015? I have applied but havent heard anything yet.
Hey Guys,

I've recently put Nottingham BSc Economics & International Economics (L160) as my insurance choice. When I tried to apply for accommodation by logging into the accommodation server... there's an error stating that Nottingham hasn't received any information from UCAS that it is my firm. Truth is... it isn't. So, is it that only applicants who selected Nottingham as their firm can apply for accommodation?

Kindly advise.
Original post by Mdotandrews
Haha oh dear were gonna be useless! ������ have you heard anything from accommodation yet? ������

Haha we'll be fine! we will just have to go exploring :smile: No I've not applied for accommodation, I decided to stay and home and commute to uni :smile:.... is your accommodation sorted?
Original post by Jokernaut218
Hey Guys,

I've recently put Nottingham BSc Economics & International Economics (L160) as my insurance choice. When I tried to apply for accommodation by logging into the accommodation server... there's an error stating that Nottingham hasn't received any information from UCAS that it is my firm. Truth is... it isn't. So, is it that only applicants who selected Nottingham as their firm can apply for accommodation?

Kindly advise.

Hi there :smile:

Yes, only students who put Nottingham as their firm choice can pick accommodation before Results' Day.
Original post by N Kay
Hi Kendall, I'm having trouble deciding rooms. I've never been to the U.K. so I'm confused. I can't decide between jubilee campus, and broad gate and Raleigh park. I think Raleigh park looks a bit old and seems so far away. And I'm not sure if jubilee campus is ideal since I would probably stay in the dorms during the holidays. And I don't want to be paying extra money. I don't know.. Also is it better to share bathrooms? I'm kind of weirded out by that since I've lived without sharing anything really. I know how bad that sounds. But yeah, which is better? And which one has better gyms? Like broad gate or jubilee and also, am I able to go to the study area in like university park or the library in jubilee campus if I end up going to broad gate instead? Ahhh! Please help!

I'm not Kendall but I'm in my second year at Nottingham so I hope you don't mind me butting in! I'm a Senior Student Ambassador for the university so I spend most of my working time explaining the university, accommodation and everything else to prospective students!

Broadgate Park (BGP) is actually the oldest self catered accommodation, Raleigh Park (RP) is relatively new but St Peter's Court (SPC) is the newest. RP and SPC are further from main campus but are almost next to Jubilee Campus from which a free hopper bus runs to University Park every 15 minutes. SPC has its own private bus service for SPC students which runs every half an hour and takes you right to the accommodation from University Park. Both RP and SPC are in the student community which is where most Nottingham students live after first year so you are by no means isolated from everyone else.

I'm not sure what you're planning on studying but you may find that your subject is located on Jubilee Campus anyway. Additionally all self catered sites have 44 week contracts so you don't have to move your belongings out during the holidays (apart from the summer!) but if you stayed on Jubilee Campus in those halls you would have to move your belongings out unless you paid a daily charge during the holidays.

Many people who didn't share bathrooms actually think that it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to share and it does save you a lot of money. En suites do cost a lot, however it is a personal decision. I, for one, had an en suite and I wouldn't give it up for anything!

You can study in any library and go to the gym on any University of Nottingham campus no matter where you or what year you are in.

The gym on University Park is about to be partially closed due to the new £40m sports centre and so will be running from a large purpose built marquee next to Nightingale Hall. Therefore it will be understandably smaller and can run less activities than usual. Jubilee's gym is very new and I personally love it and prefer it but some prefer University Park. Although you can use either gym when you have a membership so it doesn't matter all that much.

I think I've covered everything you've asked so I hope it helps but please don't hesitate to ask more questions if you need to!
Original post by EMassey
Hi there :smile:

Yes, only students who put Nottingham as their firm choice can pick accommodation before Results' Day.

But in the off chance that I don't meet the conditions of my firm and I have to go to my insurance. There won't be any places at the accommodation options that I would prefer....
Original post by Jokernaut218
But in the off chance that I don't meet the conditions of my firm and I have to go to my insurance. There won't be any places at the accommodation options that I would prefer....

That's kind of the point. For those students who really want to go to Nottingham and put it as their firm, they get first pick. For those who want to go somewhere else then you have to wait. There'll be students who firmed Notts that don't get in so places will open up but overall, yes, of course you are less likely to get your first choice accommodation. I think its understandable that students who firm the university get first choice.
Original post by EMassey
That's kind of the point. For those students who really want to go to Nottingham and put it as their firm, they get first pick. For those who want to go somewhere else then you have to wait. There'll be students who firmed Notts that don't get in so places will open up but overall, yes, of course you are less likely to get your first choice accommodation. I think its understandable that students who firm the university get first choice.

Yes, that does make sense. *sighs*
Thank you very much though :smile:
Whose chose broadgate park?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MariamAmjad18
Whose chose broadgate park?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending