The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by ladywolf
I'm studying film at college right now and I do enjoy it but after researching more in to philosophy for ages now, I'd much prefer to take it as a single honours!

Film as an A Level?
University of York
York
Original post by CescaD96
Film as an A Level?

No I'm taking a btec extended diploma in creative media (tv and film) :smile:
Reply 522
Original post by ladywolf
No I'm taking a btec extended diploma in creative media (tv and film) :smile:

Oh right. :smile:
Reply 523
Just got an offer for History/Politics (equal). :smile: FINALLY.
Original post by CescaD96
Just got an offer for History/Politics (equal). :smile: FINALLY.

Congrats! I know some people who are still waiting and are so frustrated by this stage. You thinking of firming York?
Reply 525
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
Congrats! I know some people who are still waiting and are so frustrated by this stage. You thinking of firming York?

I'm not sure. I have a scholarship and advanced entry offer too, so dilemma.
Reply 526
Original post by chem@uni
what subject?

History and politics. I think you asked this before on the track checkers not so anonymous thread.
Reply 527
Hiya, just received an offer from the uni of York to study a masters in political economy for 2015. I am set on the course, and will have to endure york if it is a boring place. I don't really know people who sudy or live in York as I will be moving over from Brighton, will have to do further research but for the time being I have found no active anarchist organizations (past 2013), free party crews, squats or punk gigs. I can't belive that there is nothing of this going on! -anyone aware of anything that will make my life interesting? -aware of Leeds
Still waiting on York for history… haven't heard a thing from them since they confirmed my application in early January.
Original post by Mav12
Hiya, just received an offer from the uni of York to study a masters in political economy for 2015. I am set on the course, and will have to endure york if it is a boring place. I don't really know people who sudy or live in York as I will be moving over from Brighton, will have to do further research but for the time being I have found no active anarchist organizations (past 2013), free party crews, squats or punk gigs. I can't belive that there is nothing of this going on! -anyone aware of anything that will make my life interesting? -aware of Leeds

Plenty of student societies who will do their own gigs of that's your kind of thing
Reply 530
Anyone heard back for MSc Health Econ? :s-smilie:
Hi All,

Me and a few other students from York have setup a Facebook page to give you an inside students guide about York. We will post updates and answer any questions you have, we've all had an amazing time at uni and we want to make sure you have some good advice about the city and the uni.

https://www.facebook.com/yorkfreshers?ref=hl
York fans are invited to help and support at: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2465719&page=378
The Russell group hurt/heal game

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending