The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

I've been put in Lincoln hall anyone know anything about it?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by ThatGuyRik
Firmed MEng Chemical Engineering. Got offered "Ancaster Hall" no idea if that's any good or not. Anyone else the same?

Same here, get on the FB group brah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed MEng Chemical Engineering. Got offered "Ancaster Hall" no idea if that's any good or not. Anyone else the same?

Yep
Original post by Princepieman
Same here, get on the FB group brah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Link me cheers :smile:
Link me cheers :smile:

Ancaster group
www.facebook.com/groups/793945627325593

Fresher's Group
www.facebook.com/groups/411198262379904

Feel free to add me, I'm Prince!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do bro cheers!

Didn't know you were on tsr too!

I'm aqib from the group

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by AR_95
Didn't know you were on tsr too!

I'm aqib from the group

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sent a request..
Has anyone firmed cavendish hall?
Hey, I've applied to University of Nottingham for Master of Mathematics, and I'm really wanting to live in Halls (Broadgate).
However, I'm having second thoughts. I'm not going to be the most socially active person, but I will be socially active. I do want the experience of living in Halls and going self-catered. But I'm wondering whether it's for me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
:smile:
Original post by RavenclawPolly
I've been put in Lincoln hall anyone know anything about it?

YAY LINCOLN
I'm a first year in Lincoln at the moment.
It's centrally based so close (5-10 min walk) to lectures and the health centre and about a five minute walk from Hallward and Portland. It is extremely pretty. One of the prettiest halls on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I applied for Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience :smile: Anyone else ?
Original post by kendellex
YAY LINCOLN
I'm a first year in Lincoln at the moment.
It's centrally based so close (5-10 min walk) to lectures and the health centre and about a five minute walk from Hallward and Portland. It is extremely pretty. One of the prettiest halls on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! Thanks I've confirmed it now i'm so excited!
What's the nearest Airport to Nottingham ?
And how about private accommodation , is it hard to get one ?
How about the city ?
Original post by prospect10
What's the nearest Airport to Nottingham ?
And how about private accommodation , is it hard to get one ?
How about the city ?

The closest airport is East Midlands but it's easy to get to Nottingham from lots of airports in England. There's loads of private accommodation in Nottingham and loads of different letting agents so no it's very easy to get private accommodation.

The city is really lovely and really student friendly. There's loads to do in terms of shopping, cultural, nights out etc.
Original post by EMassey
The closest airport is East Midlands but it's easy to get to Nottingham from lots of airports in England. There's loads of private accommodation in Nottingham and loads of different letting agents so no it's very easy to get private accommodation.

The city is really lovely and really student friendly. There's loads to do in terms of shopping, cultural, nights out etc.

Thank you ,
What are studying ?
I would think that it's strong university !
Is it ? Is it Russell ? What's the specifications of Russell ? ( I meant something unique about them ?!)

Why did you choose Russell ? And Nottingham over many of choices in UK ?

I believe that you have friendly charisma , are British ? Where in UK ?
Hi there, anyone applying for mechanical engineering??? ive got an offer for AAB (one of the A being the distinction in IT)( and the other A in either maths or phy).
Thank you ,
What are studying ?
I would think that it's strong university !
Is it ? Is it Russell ? What's the specifications of Russell ? ( I meant something unique about them ?!)

Why did you choose Russell ? And Nottingham over many of choices in UK ?

I believe that you have friendly charisma , are British ? Where in UK ?

I'm studying History and Politics. Nottingham is a Russell Group university. The Russell Group is a group of world leading research universities in the UK. Nottingham is a top university worldwide, it's in the top 100. I didn't choose it because it was in the RG, that was a benefit sure, I chose it because I loved the university and the feel of the place. I actually got a 'wow' factor at Nottingham that I didn't get elsewhere. I got a lot more choice in my modules at Nottingham than most universities too.

Thank you, that's very kind. I am British and I come from south east London.
Original post by EMassey
I'm studying History and Politics. Nottingham is a Russell Group university. The Russell Group is a group of world leading research universities in the UK. Nottingham is a top university worldwide, it's in the top 100. I didn't choose it because it was in the RG, that was a benefit sure, I chose it because I loved the university and the feel of the place. I actually got a 'wow' factor at Nottingham that I didn't get elsewhere. I got a lot more choice in my modules at Nottingham than most universities too.

Thank you, that's very kind. I am British and I come from south east London.

That's nice , well ������
I believe that you have good planning , as you know every study should lead to outcome , so what's your opportunities in UK or worldwide ?
Do you want to study further for MA and do you want to teach in schools or as an employee in one of Embassies ? Or foreigner ministry ?

As I knew , Nottingham university is good as "scientific university " but what's lured you to chose it over let's say Durham , because Durham is very perfect for your career/ study choice as I knew !? Or I'm I wrong , i mean also there are top universities for Your study even in the top 10 universities in UK .
That's nice , well ������
I believe that you have good planning , as you know every study should lead to outcome , so what's your opportunities in UK or worldwide ?
Do you want to study further for MA and do you want to teach in schools or as an employee in one of Embassies ? Or foreigner ministry ?

As I knew , Nottingham university is good as "scientific university " but what's lured you to chose it over let's say Durham , because Durham is very perfect for your career/ study choice as I knew !? Or I'm I wrong , i mean also there are top universities for Your study even in the top 10 universities in UK .

No one has to have a plan for what they'll do afterwards; not many people even do. I might do an MA, I'm not sure yet I'm definitely going to apply for two come September. I don't want to teach or be a diplomat though.

I didn't look at Durham, Nottingham was the furthest university away that I looked at. Just because a university is higher in league tables doesn't mean it will be better for someone. Additionally league tables are incredibly subjective. Oxford does History and Politics but I hate the Oxbridge ethos and the way they teach, it's incredibly pressurised at the expense of undergraduates in my opinion. League tables are not everything. Getting the right grade is and I wanted to be in an environment that I wanted to be in not just because it's a good university. As I explained, I got a wow factor from Nottingham. It was actually the best university I looked at too.

Nottingham is a fantastic university generally, not for just sciences, for example its something like 34th in the world for Law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending