The Student Room Group

Just gave some food to a homeless 17 year old in Manchester AMA

This was literally about an 45 mins ago on Oxford Road .Right outside Manchester Metropolitan University just underneath the motorway bridge .

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why do you feel the need to tell us? Do you want a round of applause? A medal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you expecting a Nobel Prize or something?
Meh people have done better and I don't see them making threads about it
Reply 4
Original post by SophR96
Why do you feel the need to tell us? Do you want a round of applause? A medal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe because this guy is so young,No and no .
The three main reasons for having lost a last settled home, given by applicants for homelessness support from local councils are:

parents, friends or relatives unwilling or unable to continue to accommodate them

relationship breakdown, including domestic violence

loss of an assured shorthold tenancy.

thats just 1 person out of the world 7bn
Reply 6
Original post by 061194
This was literally about an 45 mins ago on Oxford Road .Right outside Manchester Metropolitan University just underneath the motorway bridge .

was it the tramp near greggs/ rusholme?
Reply 7
Original post by EggMayo
was it the tramp near greggs/ rusholme?

This was a young kid near MMU near Tesco's on Oxford Road
People who boast about helping the homeless or make videos of them doing it it piss me off. You don't really care it's just about creating a 'good guy' image and the amount of facebook likes and attention you can get.
Reply 9
Original post by 061194
This was a young kid near MMU near Tesco's on Oxford Road

There's a lot of homeless under the bridge just up that road if you're feeling like donating a banquet
Original post by leemer
People who boast about helping the homeless or make videos of them doing it it piss me off. You don't really care it's just about creating a 'good guy' image and the amount of facebook likes and attention you can get.

THIS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
That's a good thing to do, and a lot of people do give to the homeless.

The fact that you had to share it on here makes me question the intentions behind it though. Do it because you want to not because you want the applause of TSR.
Do you want a medal? Is that why you feel the need to share that you have helped ONE homeless person? :rolleyes:
i see so many homeless were i live. they are not all sat down. someone with a backpact and a tired face gives it away. a lot more homeless now than 5 years ago. really bad
How did a 17 year old become homeless?
Reply 15
"I'm such a good person, I just nobly gave some food to a homeless teenager. I know, I'll put in on TSR to let everyone know how good I am."

:colone:
Everyone's being quite harsh just because the Op is sharing the fact he's done a good deed, at the end of the day he still gave food to the homeless guy which is good in my books

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
AMA???
This is not a good thing.
I mean it is good you did it, thats great. But the fact there are homeless teens should have been the point of the post. Along the lines of: Ive just seen a 17Y/O on the streets, can't believe what manchester is becoming.
But even so, good for you. Hundreds of people walk past him every day. Be happy that you've done your good deed for the day and stood out from the crowd. I volunteer regularly and give to the homeless several times a week. And it is astonishing how many people look at you, as it you are stupid for helping them.

Good on you mate, ignore everyone bullying you!!!
If the supposed 17 year old looked about 4ft with short mousey brown/blonde hair it's a small woman!!! She's always about and looks like a boy. She wears a hoody and a little drawstring bag on her back
Original post by Ebony19
If the supposed 17 year old looked about 4ft with short mousey brown/blonde hair it's a small woman!!! She's always about and looks like a boy. She wears a hoody and a little drawstring bag on her back

This made me smile for some reason hah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest