The Student Room Group

Why do guys laugh at girls crying?

Many guys I meet seem to find it humorous when girls cry. They seem to think that girls cry so easily and over nothing that it can be made a laughing matter.

Kind of like this:

Why is that? Why is it so funny when we cry? I am not saying it is immoral or wrong, I just do not get the funny part?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Maybe because the owner of the channel thinks its "FUNNY" as it says in the title. "They seem to think that girls cry so easily and over nothing that it can be made a laughing matter" not sure why you're trying to angle it so that men are in the wrong here, most of the people in the video did something embarrassing that's why they are laughing, not because they are female...:smile:
Did they laugh at you crying?

(I would've asked what's wrong but I don't in case I get shouted at)
If they're crying over a TV character dying then that's funny in how absurd it is.
I wouldn't laugh at anybody crying, it's really pathetic. Obviously you weren't raised right if you did, and in any situation it's always best to comfort that person.
a lot of girls cry over anything...if they see a dog run over by a car i know some girls who would cry.
It's just pathetic really and they should grow up
Original post by shawn_o1

Tough life isn't it? Ask if someone's alright and all you get is rudeness :unimpressed:
The first one's ridiculous, that's something I'd expect from a 5 year old.
Reply 8
I don't find it funny, it makes me quite sad. I just wanna hug them when I see them crying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jshep000
Maybe because the owner of the channel thinks its "FUNNY" as it says in the title. "They seem to think that girls cry so easily and over nothing that it can be made a laughing matter" not sure why you're trying to angle it so that men are in the wrong here, most of the people in the video did something embarrassing that's why they are laughing, not because they are female...:smile:

Maybe you guys are used to being defensive because of all the feminist threads but this is not a thread about men being bad. I have a twisted sense of humor myself, but I just fail to see the fun in this. But that does not mean I think it is immoral or wrong. I just dont get it.

This is not not really about the video though, I am talking in a very general sense since most guys I know seem to view girl´s crying in this wierd way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TwitchyStephie
Maybe you guys are used to being defensive because of all the feminist threads but this is not a thread about men being bad. I have a twisted sense of humor myself, but I just fail to see the fun in this. But that does not mean I think it is immoral or wrong. I just dont it.

This is not not really about the video though, I am talking in a very general sense since most guys I know seem to view girl´s crying in this wierd way.

my bad then lmao. I don't know its not really funny, its more the reason they are crying over is funny. Like say a girl cried because she broke her nail or whatever, that would be a situation where we would laugh.
Original post by shawn_o1

Well I have probably been laughed at a couple of times. Why would someone shout at you for asking what´s wrong?
Well I have probably been laughed at a couple of times. Why would someone shout at you for asking what´s wrong?

I personally find it difficult to tell "leave me alone" from "I need help" just by looking at someone
Reply 13
It turns me on.
Original post by LTG
It turns me on.

Well that was unexpected. Care to tell me why? It sounds really bad you know.

:/
Reply 15
Well that was unexpected. Care to tell me why? It sounds really bad you know.

:/

I'm not being serious..
Original post by LTG
I'm not being serious..

Yeah you were :wink: :biggrin:
Original post by bittr n swt
a lot of girls cry over anything...if they see a dog run over by a car i know some girls who would cry.
It's just pathetic really and they should grow up

You would have to be sadistic to have anything but sadness fill you when watching a dog being run over.
Original post by LTG
I'm not being serious..

Either that or you are backtracking. Either way I got my eye on you.
Reply 19
Either that or you are backtracking. Either way I got my eye on you.

They've all got their eye on the king.

Quick Reply

Latest