The Student Room Group

Was I in the wrong

We are group of 3 girls and we are all introverts, although I am more louder than the two. I did most of the planning and research for 4 days away which I did not mind as they both usually plan substandard places,and the third day I was so drained that I was a little more quiet that usually.

They both asked if I was okay and I informed them I just needed to recharge, this is something that each of us as a group have done from time to time. And every time we done this we have always included the recharger in the conversation to stay in the loop and included even if they don't say anything. And as time as gone on they continue in conversations after the recharge.

But this time round the two individuals totally ignored me when we went out clubbing they danced with each other and left me standing making me feel very isolated and like a spare wheel. They had giggle fitts for the all night and in the Uber ride home.

The only time they asked me anything was what time we were leaving in the morning I felt totally hurt and undervalued. When I asked them the next day why they did this they both said they assumed I would inform them when had I recharged and rejoin the conversation. which is something we never did and I should have just joined the conversation any way, but I informed them that I was not in the loop so how would I join in and besides the one girl gave me your back while talking to the other girl so how would I join in.

I was told I was been stupid and they laughed at me and how they did not understand what the issue was and one girl said she was leaving the group chat as she was causing the issues and she insinuated that I was jealous of the bond they two have, other one said she did not understand the issue and began crying. I was totally lost for words. I did try to explained to them that the group dynamics was always keep pple in the loop and not sure why I was not given the same treatment I have given to both of them in the past multiple times.

They both left the group chat Am I in the wrong
Reply 1
I don't think you're in the wrong. I can understand why you'd be upset and they seem to be putting all the blame on you for the way you're feeling. It seems like they have a closer bond with each other than they do with you, and that is often the case with trios.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think you're in the wrong. I can understand why you'd be upset and they seem to be putting all the blame on you for the way you're feeling. It seems like they have a closer bond with each other than they do with you, and that is often the case with trios.

I totally agree with you with regards to there bond been closer, I think it's best I leave the friendship group as this will continue with them leaving me hurt and open to abuse all in the name of let's stay friends
Reply 3
Original post by Nicolette Marc
I totally agree with you with regards to there bond been closer, I think it's best I leave the friendship group as this will continue with them leaving me hurt and open to abuse all in the name of let's stay friends

Definitely sounds like a good idea! Wishing you the best! xx
Reply 4
Going away on holiday together can be uniquely stressful, with things not quite working out as you thought it would. It feels like you might have been acquaintances rather than firm friends. Ultimately if your not enjoy it it’s not much use. If you still value any of the friendships, forget who was at fault and reach out to try to rebuild.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending