The Student Room Group

History AS Edexcel - EXAM HELP

Well, they are four parts to one of the options (British Political History 1945-90).

Labour Govts 1945-51

Tory Govts 1951-64

Tory & Labour Govts 1964-79

Thatcher 1979-90

In all years previous, they have never asked for the same parts in both 40 mark questions. For the life of me i can't seem to remember anything in the period 1964-79, would people advise me not to learn it and strengthen the other areas, as even if it comes up they'll be another area i can write on?!
Reply 1
Hey,

I am also doing AS Edexcel History :smile:

I think it is certain that they won't be asking questions on the same period; the whole reasoning behind the choice of questions, I'm led to believe, is that they understand that there is a large amount of content and there will be stronger areas for us as well as weaker ones. They want us to do well so they wouldn't ask both the same :smile:

As for whether you should revise it; I think you should definitely cover it, even if it is only brief. I am studying Henry VIII but I know that they do sometimes like to set a question which requires a cross-over of the bullet points so if you remember the very basic but key facts just in case you need to use them. But I think it would be safe to focus on getting those periods you enjoy most up to scratch :smile:

Obviously, I'm sure it would be nice if you could get your head around it - even if it is not for the exam but just to understand the period; but, speaking exams, you should be safe to not focus on it as strongly.

Which periods are you studying for Unit 1?
Reply 2
Unit 1: Option F

F3 The Collapse of Liberal Italy and the Triumph of Fascist Italy, 1896-43

F7 Second to Third Reich, 1918-45

Thanks for your advice I think that's a good thing to do! Will make sure I have a basic knowledge of the area!
Reply 3
Original post by WHSBaller
Well, they are four parts to one of the options (British Political History 1945-90).

Labour Govts 1945-51

Tory Govts 1951-64

Tory & Labour Govts 1964-79

Thatcher 1979-90

In all years previous, they have never asked for the same parts in both 40 mark questions. For the life of me i can't seem to remember anything in the period 1964-79, would people advise me not to learn it and strengthen the other areas, as even if it comes up they'll be another area i can write on?!

Hello!

I am also doing Edexcel AS History this year, but I'm doing 2D instead, which is just before this period. I haven't thought of it in the way you have, I've just thought of almost copying out the textbook and learning the cold facts :/. Then, the unit 2 exam technique. I would just say learn it all, it makes me feel more comfortable on exam day if I know I know everything to the best I can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending