The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

So when a manager is doing well, all that the media have to do is link him to a bigger club in order to break his stride eh?
So 2 from 4 for promotion and 2 from 4 for the playoffs, feel like we needs point at Boro now after our result at the weekend and our shoddy defending.

Meanwhile Afobe went to 30 for the season, it's nice to be confident that we are going to score goals.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Might be a bit late but that's proper harsh on Yeovil Town, club is really in the pit, relegated twice in two seasons. How the fans must feel.

Just returning to their natural level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Three HUGE games coming up in the Championship

Middlesbrough vs Wolves
Fulham vs Rotherham
Millwall vs Wigan

Millwall win & Rotherham lose & that gap goes to 4 points with a game in hand for the former.
Original post by TornadoGR4
Three HUGE games coming up in the Championship

Middlesbrough vs Wolves
Fulham vs Rotherham
Millwall vs Wigan

Millwall win & Rotherham lose & that gap goes to 4 points with a game in hand for the former.

and that's before Rotherham potentially loose 3 points for fielding an inelegible player.
Middlesborough Wolves is a big one at the top too. Middlesborough loose and they are pretty much out of automatic promotion contention unless the top 3 slip up. Wolves loose and they are looking doubtful for the playoffs unless other results go their way. A point doesn't really do either side much good if most of the rest of the top 8 win.
Will take a point from this one tonight very happily, hopefully leading on to 3 wins in our easier games to come. I'm expecting a low scoring game though, and hoping Cardiff can do us a favour too (Fancy Brentford to win their game)
I think we may do a favour for Watford, 'Boro & Bournemouth. You'd think a Norwich win is nailed on against a Leeds team that have lost 3 on the bounce, but we have a habit of turning up against the top teams. Double against Bournemouth & 'Boro this season speaks for itself.

I actually don't care about the result tonight. A win & draw would obviously be preferred, but our season is over & has been for months. If anything, I'd only want the win to further boost Bournemouth's chances of promotion.
Big games in League One at the bottom tonight, too. A win for Coventry or Scunthorpe would probably make them safe.
Slavisa Jokanovic has hinted that he may be elsewhere next season regardless of where Watford finish.
We will draw 1-1 with Charlton tonight with them equalising in the 93rd min. Book it.
Bamford 2 wolves 0 (so far)
The Top 3 all cancel each other out, Derby & Ipswich make a significant leap ahead of Brentford and Wolves. That last minute equaliser at the iPro on Saturday is critical in hindsight.

Huge win in an ugly game for Millwall, 4 points behind Rotherham who face Fulham tomorrow
Great result for MK - now just 3 points off Preston in second...
Original post by Mackay
Big games in League One at the bottom tonight, too. A win for Coventry or Scunthorpe would probably make them safe.

In typical fashion we barely managed to draw. Bristol away next is a guaranteed loss so all rests on Crewe and Crawley. Just want the season over with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
In typical fashion we barely managed to draw. Bristol away next is a guaranteed loss so all rests on Crewe and Crawley. Just want the season over with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also at the game and it just showed how poor it is at the Ricoh as there is nobody there to actually put the ball in the net after Samuel went out injured but at least Reda makes a difference. Oldham didn't have anything to play for and against Bristol, well, you never know with Cov
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iodo345
Also at the game and it just showed how poor it is at the Ricoh as there is nobody there to actually put the ball in the net after Samuel went out injured but at least Reda makes a difference. Oldham didn't have anything to play for and against Bristol, well, you never know with Cov

I expect a hammering simply because we don't know how to score and we don't know how to defend. What would I give to have Wilson back for these last games.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats, Bristol City. Promoted in style thanks to a 6-0 victory at Valley Parade. Welcome back to tier two.
Norwich vs Middlesbrough on Friday is absolutely pivotal for promotion, surely the winner of that will go up?
Original post by TornadoGR4
Norwich vs Middlesbrough on Friday is absolutely pivotal for promotion, surely the winner of that will go up?

Convinced Bournemouth and Boro will go up automatically now.

The bottom of League One is becoming interesting, too. Yeovil already down, and Colchester set to follow them.
Original post by Mackay
Convinced Bournemouth and Boro will go up automatically now.

The bottom of League One is becoming interesting, too. Yeovil already down, and Colchester set to follow them.

I think Norwich will beat Boro on Friday. It's at Carrow Road iirc. a draw would go down lovely for Bournemouth & Watford, as long as they don't drop the ball on Saturday, which they shouldn't as they're both at home against midtable clubs with nothing left to play for. Wolves vs Ipswich is also on SS1 on Saturday lunchtime.

I think Scunthorpe upwards will be safe in League One. Port Vale have the worst form of the bottom 7 going into the final three matches, and MK Dons are on a charge and sit just three points behind 2nd placed Preston who have been struggling for wins.

I don't care what anyone says, I really do rate the Football League as being amongst some of the best leagues in the world. Unpredictability and drama guaranteed every season. Sky have nothing to hype up in the PL this season with the title & top 4 being all but wrapped up

Quick Reply

Latest