The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by silverflame
Hi! I'm from the States and will be in the War Studies MA program this fall :smile: Just applied directly to Urbanest Westminster Bridge (WBSA) for housing, which was recently added to the KCL accommodation page but must be booked directly (not via the housing portal, which opens in June for us). It's expensive, but brand new and is in a fantastic location. Excited!

Hey, congratulations. How soon did you get a reply? Thanks
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hey! Do you mean a reply from Urbanest or War Studies? Urbanest I 'applied' through their site and was able to reserve a room immediately by paying a deposit. For War Studies, I got a response from King's about 2 weeks after applying way back in December.
Reply 182
Original post by silverflame
Hey! Do you mean a reply from Urbanest or War Studies? Urbanest I 'applied' through their site and was able to reserve a room immediately by paying a deposit. For War Studies, I got a response from King's about 2 weeks after applying way back in December.

Ah, sorry! Yes, I meant Urbanest. Thanks for that.
Original post by harshkukadia
Try Pure Bankside. I stayed there and I loved it. It's in southwark and very close to the uni!

Awesome, thanks man I'll check it out
Original post by misskf
I recently applied to this program too. Have you heard anything?

Hi there - apologies as I haven't logged on in weeks! I have yet to hear a decision from KCL; only last week did my documents change from "not yet reviewed" to "received" (I submitted everything at the end of February). Have you heard anything?
Reply 185
Original post by coldcanadian
Hi there - apologies as I haven't logged on in weeks! I have yet to hear a decision from KCL; only last week did my documents change from "not yet reviewed" to "received" (I submitted everything at the end of February). Have you heard anything?

That's okay!
No, I haven't heard anything either. I applied in the middle of March, and my documents just changed to 'received' last week too. Hopefully that means we'll hear back soon!

Also, I'm from Canada too! Are you planning to attend in the 2015/2016 year?
Original post by misskf
That's okay!
No, I haven't heard anything either. I applied in the middle of March, and my documents just changed to 'received' last week too. Hopefully that means we'll hear back soon!

Also, I'm from Canada too! Are you planning to attend in the 2015/2016 year?

Ah fingers crossed! :smile:

Oh that's wonderful! Yes, that is the plan (if I ever hear back :tongue:). I was just accepted to St Andrews for the M.Litt in Terrorism and Political Violence so now I'm waiting on King's and Edinburgh. I was also accepted to a Canadian university (with amazing funding, which will be hard to turn down :frown:). Did you apply anywhere else? (ps. feel free to send me a private message!)
Reply 187
Original post by coldcanadian
Ah fingers crossed! :smile:

Oh that's wonderful! Yes, that is the plan (if I ever hear back :tongue:). I was just accepted to St Andrews for the M.Litt in Terrorism and Political Violence so now I'm waiting on King's and Edinburgh. I was also accepted to a Canadian university (with amazing funding, which will be hard to turn down :frown:). Did you apply anywhere else? (ps. feel free to send me a private message!)

I'm in exactly the same position as you guys, Applied for the MA International Relations at the end of February, my documents changed from 'not yet reviewed' to 'received' last friday, and then I had a request for a secondary transcript on tuesday. I still haven't heard anythin, have you guys?

I'm considering emailing for a status update tomorrow, but I don't want to seem too pushy. Just really want to know now!
Reply 188
Hi, you should expect a reply any day! It took me 8 weeks to hear from KCL. I know it's difficult being patient but, hang in there! KCL takes terribly long to respond to admission queries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by map1300
I'm in exactly the same position as you guys, Applied for the MA International Relations at the end of February, my documents changed from 'not yet reviewed' to 'received' last friday, and then I had a request for a secondary transcript on tuesday. I still haven't heard anythin, have you guys?

I'm considering emailing for a status update tomorrow, but I don't want to seem too pushy. Just really want to know now!

I still haven't heard anything! I know exactly how you feel haha.
As people have been saying, it takes them a bit longer to reply. I think we just have to be patient, I'm sure we'll hear soon!
Anyone who has offer for MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management? :rolleyes:

Today I paid the deposit :redface:
Original post by aidana_ue
Anyone who has offer for MSc Accounting, Accountability and Financial Management? :rolleyes:

Today I paid the deposit :redface:

Hi! I'm Eva from Malaysia! I am applying too!

I applied last February but have yet received any offer from KCL.

I have applied last year and gotten the offer but I have to decline last time.
Hope I can make it this year.

Finger crossed!
Original post by Jaafa
Firmed for the MSc in Neuroscience. :smile:

What are my chances of getting a spot in Champion hill accommodation if I'm an overseas student? Also what are the alternatives to Champion hill given I'll be studying on the denmark hill campus?

Hey, I'm firmed for the MSc in Neuroscience too! Guess we're going to be future classmates :smile:

I'm trying to decide on accommodation as well, weighing between Champion Hill and urbanest Westminster because of the proximity to school and West London respectively.
Reply 193
Original post by wdz
Hi, you should expect a reply any day! It took me 8 weeks to hear from KCL. I know it's difficult being patient but, hang in there! KCL takes terribly long to respond to admission queries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the advice, I'm just getting impatient aren't I!

:smile:
Reply 194
Haha, it's the same with all of us. While I have a confirmed offer, I'm awaiting a response to another query. They take way too long to acknowledge/respond to messages!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wdz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! I applied at the beginning of March and was getting very impatient.
Reply 196
That's no problem at all! I hope to see you guys in September! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eva_aman
Hi! I'm Eva from Malaysia! I am applying too!

I applied last February but have yet received any offer from KCL.

I have applied last year and gotten the offer but I have to decline last time.
Hope I can make it this year.

Finger crossed!

Hey Eva! I'm in the same position too! Submitted my application by the end of February and still haven't heard from them. I have offers from other universities and I've got to make a decision soon. Hopefully our offers are on the way haha!
Any prospective Space Physiology & Health MSc students out there?
Hi! Congrats to those of you who have received your offers!
I applied just after mid March for the Conflict, Security and Development MA and still haven't heard back. Growing extremely worried since I really desperately want to get in. Any one else yet to hear back from the War Studies department?
Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!!

Quick Reply

Latest