The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Glad Millwall are on the way down again. Disgusting club.

LOL agreed but isn't this a bit rich coming a Leeds fan
Another good result for MK (comfortable 3-0 home win against Doncaster) but with Preston winning still 1 point behind now with only 2 games to go. And Swindon are almost (but not quite) mathematically out of the running for 2nd place now so not sure how much of a fight they'll put up against Preston.
Original post by iodo345
LOL agreed but isn't this a bit rich coming a Leeds fan

Surely supporting Leeds gives me more right to say what a disgusting club is :wink:
Surely supporting Leeds gives me more right to say what a disgusting club is :wink:

Well at least Leeds do have the big away followings and atmosphere despite the hooliganism whereas Millwall bring a couple of hundred intending to cause trouble. Not looking forward to them visiting next year and hope they go to league 2?
Original post by Mackay
You should definitely look to keep that Grant Ward kid.

Out of our hands and I expect him to be in the Championship next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
Out of our hands and I expect him to be in the Championship next season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about Pennington? Any of your loans worthy of making permanent?
Original post by Mackay
What about Pennington? Any of your loans worthy of making permanent?

These players will only stay if they have no better offers and their parent clubs want shot of them. The good ones obviously will not have this apply to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a night.
Let's hope Redknapp doesn't become involved with Bournemouth in any way. It'll cost them dear.
Just me who thinks it's a little disrespectful of Portsmouth to approach Chesterfield manager Paul Cook when there are still 2 games (potentially 5 with the play offs) left of the season? Totally classless move that will unsettle the manager and the squad just 2 days before a massive game. Awful timing.
Original post by joddcfc
Just me who thinks it's a little disrespectful of Portsmouth to approach Chesterfield manager Paul Cook when there are still 2 games (potentially 5 with the play offs) left of the season? Totally classless move that will unsettle the manager and the squad just 2 days before a massive game. Awful timing.

Yeah I thought that to when I heard about it, would have been a bit different if you were mid table with nothing to play for, and he might have gone tooo. However given the fact that you've almost certainly got at least another 4 matches left makes it an arrogant move really. Think they tried to do the same with Phil Brown and Southend too.
Portsmouth should hire Di Canio :colone:
Eddie Howe charged with misconduct following comments made after the draw against Sheffield Wednesday.
Eddie Howe charged with misconduct following comments made after the draw against Sheffield Wednesday.

Every great manager gets charged eventually. Good for Eddie.
Rotherham deducted 3 points for fielding an ineligible player. This leaves the Millers just 1 point above 22nd placed Millwall & 2 points above Wigan, with a tough fixture against Norwich on Saturday.

The bottom of the Championship just got very interesting.
Rotherham deducted 3 points for fielding an ineligible player. This leaves the Millers just 1 point above 22nd placed Millwall & 2 points above Wigan, with a tough fixture against Norwich on Saturday.

The bottom of the Championship just got very interesting.

Heck of a time to face a points deduction, too. Confidence will ebb away.
Original post by Mackay
Heck of a time to face a points deduction, too. Confidence will ebb away.

The cause of the problem was an 'administrative error', but if Rotherham go down, someone needs to be sacked for that.
Rotherham being deducted 3 points is awful news for us, means Wigan and Millwall are going to be super up for their games against us now, only hope Rotherham are 4-0 up against Norwich at half time tomorrow to make it all a bit easier.

Elsewhere, I can see Watford dropping points tomorrow against Brighton, Bournemouth should beat Bolton on Monday which makes Boro's match against Fulham the big one. Also hoping Forest can beat Ipswich by a few and Brentford mess up again. Not asking for much really..
Rotherham are guaranteed 3 points at Elland Road next week anyway

I have a horrible feeling Bournemouth are going to slip up & slide into the playoffs & will narrowly miss out on the PL. I really hope I'm wrong though
Thoughts on the cautions from kick it out to Hartlepool fans deciding to go as Bob Marley this year?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/24/hartlepool-fans-bob-marley-fancy-dress-carlisle-united

I personally see no problem with them dressing up a Bob Marley tbh but I don't see the need for blackface. Blacking up isn't essential to the costume at all

Quick Reply

Latest