The Student Room Group

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
To all those poor souls on the waiting list, anyone recieve the email they were talking about on the facebook page?
Original post by lloyddd
To all those poor souls on the waiting list, anyone recieve the email they were talking about on the facebook page?

nope. not that its playing on my mind or anything :s-smilie:.
Probs be may 6th we hear what's going down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 503
Is that the official ucas offer deadline?
Reply 504
I imagine it would be soon after May 6th rather than on the 6th. People have until midnight of the 6th to reply.
Probably by the following week you'll hear something.
Yeah didn't mean individual decisions. I just meant the whole process of being rejected officially but remaining on a waiting list. Can't remember the exact details but were mentioned during interview briefing. Congrats on your offer from Nottingham btw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 506
There are still people with a later deadline for decisions (my ucas track tells me I have until 4 June to decide) so there may still be a delay before waiting list people find out.

Personally, I'm still struggling to pick between Notts and Swansea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just in case anyone hasn't seen, there was an update on the facebook page that if reserve list people didn't receive an email update it was because there "was a problem with their system and it's being re-sent today".
Reply 508
Original post by M150
There are still people with a later deadline for decisions (my ucas track tells me I have until 4 June to decide) so there may still be a delay before waiting list people find out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me it came down to course structure and teaching. Give me a shout if you want to show me I made the wrong choice!
Original post by M150

Posted from TSR Mobile

on behalf of everyone on the swansea waiting list... nottingham is a fantastic uni haha. But seriously hope you decide on whats best for you and enjoy it.

The email come through, waiting list of 22 people.
Yo waiting lister's. Just an update that I have accepted my Liverpool A101 offer after a lot of reviewing and though Swansea would have been a great place to learn medicine at with great people Liverpool just won out for me and had a few extra financial supports in case I miss calculated badly haha good luck to whoever get's the offer and hope you have a great time at Swansea! Will likely see you all around at conferences or in 4 years time possibly!
Anyone who has been to an open day - are you expected to arrive for 9 or can you arrive whenever you want?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys, does anyone know what the cut off gamsat was for 2015 entry? Thanks! Good luck to all starting.
Original post by HCAssistant93
hey guys, does anyone know what the cut off gamsat was for 2015 entry? Thanks! Good luck to all starting.

Last year it was 58, although I know someone who had 58 but didn't get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KirstieW
Last year it was 58, although I know someone who had 58 but didn't get an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, Do you mean who did get an interview under 58? I have a 55 so think it is too low to risk it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 515
Thanks, Do you mean who did get an interview under 58? I have a 55 so think it is too low to risk it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Swansea tends to be the lowest GAMSAT cut off, last year's required score was 58 minimum.
55 would be a push for any of the schools, unless your score was brought down by section 3 in which case Notts and SGUL calculate the score using both the official and un-weighted average and take the highest score. Swansea only use the official scoring method.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they had a score of 58, which people did have interviews with but my friend didn't. Not sure how they distinguish the boundary between getting and interview and not if you have the cut off score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KirstieW
No they had a score of 58, which people did have interviews with but my friend didn't. Not sure how they distinguish the boundary between getting and interview and not if you have the cut off score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have a min requirement of 50 in each section, so maybe your friend got below that in one of the sections?
Original post by Ethereal Consort
They have a min requirement of 50 in each section, so maybe your friend got below that in one of the sections?

cant remember for Swansea, but Notts had a minimum of 55 in section 2, and 55 in either 1 or 3 and 50 in the other. There are also two cut offs depending on degree classification: from memory it was 66 for a 2:2 and 61 for a 2:1 for 2015 entry (so sitting GAMSAT in 2014).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ethereal Consort

Swansea only have a min requirement of 50 in s3, they don't have one for the first 2 sections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending