The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarrenBCFC
Come back to me when your ran from a prison cell and have won one home game in a calendar year

Ours has been in court more times I would suspect. Still you are one league higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jeeezus the who's club is in a worse position isn't an exciting debate. At least you have football clubs y'know.
Huge matches this weekend. I fancy Ipswich, purely because Norwich are in such good form and Ipswich barely scraped over the line, so I can see some sort of sod's law scenario seeing the Tractor Boys winning it. Boro and Brentford have been two of the most exciting teams in the Championship this season, too, and it's Warburton's last match at Griffin Park so I wish him all the best. He'll easily get a job elsewhere.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Jeeezus the who's club is in a worse position isn't an exciting debate. At least you have football clubs y'know.

Said by the dingle- look at the comotion you lot made when you got relegated and the banner aimed towards the ownership "you let us down" To be fair i hope you have a Carson/ Samesh Kumour type takeover and see how long your patient for.

As a West Midlands football fan I think you are used to such discussions and it was not long ago you were bemoaning Mr Saunders. Without wishing to stretch it it is easy to be put down negativity when things are going fine in your own back yard.

Also the Brummie started it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Huge matches this weekend. I fancy Ipswich, purely because Norwich are in such good form and Ipswich barely scraped over the line, so I can see some sort of sod's law scenario seeing the Tractor Boys winning it. Boro and Brentford have been two of the most exciting teams in the Championship this season, too, and it's Warburton's last match at Griffin Park so I wish him all the best. He'll easily get a job elsewhere.

I'd like to see Ipswich do it, Norwich have had their go. Plus Jay Tabb is always someone I've felt should do well since his time with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advantage Middlesbrough it seems in the play offs after beating Brentford tonight.
Lee Clark quits.

Yeah, some jobs are poisoned chalices aren't they? Your boss doesn't support you, makes your job difficult by not allowing you to sign the players you want etc etc
Original post by shawn_o1
Lee Clark quits.

Yeah, some jobs are poisoned chalices aren't they? Your boss doesn't support you, makes your job difficult by not allowing you to sign the players you want etc etc

I think some managers take these jobs for precisely that reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know why he took the job in the first place. From the moment he walked through the door the writing was on the wall. It's a shame because he was actually building up a pretty respectable CV and now he's been tarred with that mess.
Shame for Brentford last night. The last minute deflection did them no favours, did it? Boro really handled the atmosphere well, though. There was a chance Brentford could have been buoyed to victory with it being Warburton's last game and all, but Boro were terrific and deserved their victory. They rode it out and both teams had their chances, but I expect them to get to the final now for sure.
Original post by Midlander
As a West Midlands football fan I think you are used to such discussions and it was not long ago you were bemoaning Mr Saunders. Without wishing to stretch it it is easy to be put down negativity when things are going fine in your own back yard.

Also the Brummie started it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know I'm being hypocritical given Wolves fans are some of the worst moaners, doesn't mean I like it though. Dean Saunders deserved everything!
Original post by shawn_o1
Lee Clark quits.

Good like Ince he will never get another job in his life. Unless Newcastle are stupid enough to rescue him. Probably a good thing he left though , he is too passionate about the game- and what i hear from "inside sources" at blues is he needed mental help, and has turned up to training drunk numerous times. Clarky is a likeable bloke but just not cut out for management. If he takes a break he may become a better manager i think he needs a year out of the game. And by the way he only did any good at Huddersfield- at blues he ****ed up royally, and Blackpool i can't really comment as they only had 8 players at one stage towards the end of preseason. It would have been mission impossible to have kept them up. Even Mouriniho, SAF and Brian Clough (if still alive) would have failed.
Original post by scriggy
I don't know why he took the job in the first place. From the moment he walked through the door the writing was on the wall. It's a shame because he was actually building up a pretty respectable CV and now he's been tarred with that mess.

????
Yeah I know I'm being hypocritical given Wolves fans are some of the worst moaners, doesn't mean I like it though. Dean Saunders deserved everything!

In essence the moment we start doing well you won't see me complaining. Trouble is I have had nothing to shout about in literally years!
Independent going in on the Norwich-Ipswich game, calling them 'poor sides' with 'remorselessly old-fashioned footballing style'.
Original post by DarrenBCFC
????

Did well at Huddersfield and OK at Birmingham considering. I didn't say it was a good CV, just respectable haha. Looks terrible now though, which was essentially my point.
Original post by scriggy
Did well at Huddersfield and OK at Birmingham considering. I didn't say it was a good CV, just respectable haha. Looks terrible now though, which was essentially my point.

By spending 10 Million pounds before they sacked him for failing to get automatic promotion
No he really did not a team which finished 4th under Chris Hughton the season before was battling against relegation for 3/4 of the 2012/13 season. Then the 2013/14 season 2 home wins in a calendar year in league competitions and having a midtable team finish in 21st position. He could get man united relegated in 2 years if given the chance.
Preston got to the play off final today with a relatively comfortable win over Chesterfield. Good on them. As a Blackburn Rovers fan, I hope they go up as we haven't played them in 15 years.

Also, in the north west non-league scene, check this goal out. Chorley were 2-1 down in the play off semi final at Boston in the 95th minute until Adam Roscoe did this https://youtu.be/d2ZVXawN5LE

It happened a few weeks ago but I've not been on in here ages. Chorley went on to win on penalties.

Quick Reply

Latest