The Student Room Group

How sexually liberated are you? Which of these categories do you fall into?

When I say 'sexually liberated', I mean how much you enjoy sex and how free you are to enjoy sex without any guilt, shame or hang-ups about it. Some people have religious brainwashing that makes them feel ashamed or inhibited about having plenty of sex, whereas other people are free and have no guilt or shame attached to sex whatsoever; they just enjoy it.

So which of these categories would you fall into:

1) You have absolutely no guilt, shame or inhibitions about sex whatsoever. You think casual sex is fine, as long as all partners are legal and consenting. You believe sex is a natural, normal human need and is there to be enjoyed without guilt or hang ups. You are sexually adventurous and open minded, and have no problem experimenting with different things in the bedroom.

2) You aren't against casual sex, but you're not 100% guilt or shame free when it comes to sex. You mostly enjoy sex, but experience slight hang ups about it here and there. You might try new things in the bedroom if you are talked into it, but you are not totally sexually free.

3) You are against casual sex. You will only have sex if you're in a serious monogamous relationship or married. You prefer bland, vanilla sex and don't like to experiment and try new things sexually.

4) You have extreme guilt or shame associated with sex, you get embarrassed about sex and try to hide or suppress your sexuality.

For me, I'm definitely in category 1. I have no negative emotions in regards to sex at all. It's a normal and natural thing to be enjoyed with whoever you like.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

One! :banana:

Edit: 'both partners' should really read *all* partners. :sexface:

What's to be ashamed of? I don't get it.
Reply 4
Original post by superwolf
One! :banana:

Edit: 'both partners' should really read *all* partners. :sexface:

Good point, I edited it.
2 even though I'm a sado-masochist... I... Struggle to get over my insecurities with regards to having sex without serious emotional attachment. It's probably related to the fact that I'm rather clingy though.
1 or 2
Reply 8
I don't fit into any of those. I only want sex in a monogamous relationship with someone I love but that in no way means it's bland and vanilla. I've done stuff that I don't think I'd ever want to do with a ONS, not because of any particular principles but I just wouldn't trust them enough.

I believe sex is a natural human thing which is there to be enjoyed, but that doesn't mean I want to enjoy it with someone I don't love.
Original post by Dheorl
I don't fit into any of those. I only want sex in a monogamous relationship with someone I love but that in no way means it's bland and vanilla. I've done stuff that I don't think I'd ever want to do with a ONS, not because of any particular principles but I just wouldn't trust them enough.

I believe sex is a natural human thing which is there to be enjoyed, but that doesn't mean I want to enjoy it with someone I don't love.

Sex and love are two very different things.
Reply 10
Original post by BeDirectWomen
Sex and love are two very different things.

Well clearly. Sex is a physical act, love is an emotional bond. That's as clear as saying stars and the flavour of a banana are two very different things. I fail however to see what relevance is has to what I said.
Original post by Dheorl
Well clearly. Sex is a physical act, love is an emotional bond. That's as clear as saying stars and the flavour of a banana are two very different things. I fail however to see what relevance is has to what I said.

The point I was making was that you don't need to love someone to experience good sex with them. You've actually contradicted yourself because you said you don't want to enjoy sex with someone you don't love, yet you agreed with me that sex and love are two very different things.
Reply 12
The point I was making was that you don't need to love someone to experience good sex with them. You've actually contradicted yourself because you said you don't want to enjoy sex with someone you don't love, yet you agreed with me that sex and love are two very different things.

You may not need to love someone to enjoy good sex with them, I do. That doesn't mean I'm some frigid person who has boring sex though, or am embarrassed by it in any way, hence I don't fit into any of your categories. Also I never said I don't want to enjoy sex with someone I don't love, just that I don't. There's no want about it, it's just a fact of life for me. (edit: ok, I see now where I said want, that was bad use of english and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant is I don't want it with someone I don't love because I don't enjoy it)

Look at is this way. I don't enjoy bread. Add heat and you get toast, which I do enjoy. Bread and heat are two very different things. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some people like bread, that's great for them; it's sure easier to get than toast, but it's just not for me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dheorl
You may not need to love someone to enjoy good sex with them, I do. That doesn't mean I'm some frigid person who has boring sex though, or am embarrassed by it in any way, hence I don't fit into any of your categories. Also I never said I don't want to enjoy sex with someone I don't love, just that I don't. There's no want about it, it's just a fact of life for me. (edit: ok, I see now where I said want, that was bad use of english and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant is I don't want it with someone I don't love because I don't enjoy it)

Look at is this way. I don't enjoy bread. Add heat and you get toast, which I do enjoy. Bread and heat are two very different things. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that some people like bread, that's great for them; it's sure easier to get than toast, but it's just not for me.

Have you ever had sex with someone who wasn't your monogamous boyfriend (or girlfriend)?
Reply 14
Have you ever had sex with someone who wasn't your monogamous boyfriend (or girlfriend)?

Yes.
Category numero uno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dheorl
Yes.

Then you've contradicted yourself there again. You said 'I only want sex in a monogamous relationship with someone I love', but then when I asked you if you'd had sex with someone who you weren't monogamous with, you said yes. So which is it?
Reply 17
Then you've contradicted yourself there again. You said 'I only want sex in a monogamous relationship with someone I love', but then when I asked you if you'd had sex with someone who you weren't monogamous with, you said yes. So which is it?

As I've already explained, that was simply a bad use of english. I only enjoy sex in a monogamous relationship with someone I love, therefore it is the only type of sex I want. Even what you're saying doesn't necessarily mean that's always what I wanted.

I had sex outside those constraints because I felt like it, turns out I didn't enjoy it. How would I be able to say I didn't enjoy sex outside a monogamous relationship with someone I didn't love if I'd never tried it? I am in no was contradicting myself, I just simply don't fit into any one of your categories.
I choose number 5
Reply 19
I'd say I'm number 1, but I don't really know as I've only had sex with my boyfriend. I don't see why I would ever feel guilty for having casual sex though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending