The Student Room Group

HMRC - Customer Service consultant

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Pevmey
Live just phoned the glasgow office and they have informed me that it is the recruitment side that deals with all applications.. They told me to email them again and if they don't get back to me to then phone them back and they will see if they can help me,, they said once the recruitment have dealt with the applications then they forwards the details onto the office..

I asked disclosure scotland if they'd done a new check on me. I've had loads done so they found me right away. If it's a new disclosure it can take up to 4 weeks. Just explain the situation to them and ask them to check if there's been an application for a new check. X
Reply 81
Original post by Fanabe
I asked disclosure scotland if they'd done a new check on me. I've had loads done so they found me right away. If it's a new disclosure it can take up to 4 weeks. Just explain the situation to them and ask them to check if there's been an application for a new check. X

I
explained to them and they done an in depth check on me but they said the last one done was a year ago.. So I think it's safe to say I haven't got a job.. I mean I have a provisional offer but I'm assuming I would have got all my checks back and that it's been 3months exactly..
Reply 82
i would be emailing them and asking what's happening your checks should be back by now I have been offered this job and another my heads bursting with trying to make a decision lol
Reply 83
Original post by Trisham2
i would be emailing them and asking what's happening your checks should be back by now I have been offered this job and another my heads bursting with trying to make a decision lol

They finally emailed back and they said they are investigating the status of my application and they will get back to me that was after me sending them 4 emails.. Bit of a joke I've had a provisional offer so surely they must have some checks done x
Reply 84
Yeah it's a joke what would be the dress code they told me smart casual I'm like that tells me a lot lol
Reply 85
Yeah it's a joke what would be the dress code they told me smart casual I'm like that tells me a lot lol

I was thinking things like black cigarette trousers and blouses or shirts maybe a dress now and again.. With pumps I think once you go on your first day and have a look at what everyone else is wearing you'll get the idea..
Reply 86
Hmm yeah suppose lol I'm going to wear black leggings top and pumps I wish it was a bit more casual like jeans and smart top u can dress jeans up suppose we will see lol
Reply 87
Hmm yeah suppose lol I'm going to wear black leggings top and pumps I wish it was a bit more casual like jeans and smart top u can dress jeans up suppose we will see lol

Thatll look nice, black jeans can always be dressed up as well.. Hopefully will meet you if I get a job hehe
Original post by Kleer91
Hi Evelyn,

I will forward the email to you once i get home. Just finished my first day at HMRC, draining with all the paperwork, reading and security/confidentiality you have to go through!

So far so good... (touch wood!)

Hey Kleer - just hijacking your conversation here sorry. You seem to obviously know a lot seeing as you've already started your job.

Just been reading along and need some information, if you don't mind? I was never emailed my Health Declaration to fill in, but instead found it myself and emailed it through, because I hadn't received anything through the post to fill in.What is this DBS everyone is talking about? And Disclosure Scotland - is that DBS? No-one has emailed or mailed me anything to fill in, so I'm wondering if I should have been sorting all this out myself. Could someone please let me know about DBS and any other forms that I should be filling in at this stage after having provided my references?

Provisional offer for East Kilbride received on April 24th btw, really looking forward to this job, but have heard nothing in the past couple of weeks since I provided details of my referees so it would be good to hear from you or anyone - you've all been helpful so far :-)

Thanks, Samantha.
Original post by Pevmey
Ah I wish I had heard back, I was hoping I would have as I had my interview on the 12th of February and my provisional offer on the 10th of April.. I've not had a health declaration either., I'm getting fed up I've emailed them 3 times now and heard nothing back.. Feel like just accepting other job offers that I've declined.. :frown:

Hey Pevmey, have a look online at your application. Check the section about attachments. I suddenly found the Health Declaration there a couple of weeks after my provisional offer. Had been sitting around waiting and wondering why I'd had no contact. Hopefully you should see something? There's an email address for you to send it, so perhaps fill it in as best you can and email it through - that's if it's there or not.

Don't know why, but have read that someone got their one through the post, some attached to an email etc. But I found mines actually attached to my application ready for filling in. Hope this helps, getting a bit desperate now myself!
Reply 90
Yrah go into the application and press next stage see if the brings up anything x
Reply 91
What email address have you used to contact the recruitment team? My application still says "scheduled for 1st interview" despite attending for interview on the 5th March.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by vagmorrison007
Hey Kleer - just hijacking your conversation here sorry. You seem to obviously know a lot seeing as you've already started your job.

Just been reading along and need some information, if you don't mind? I was never emailed my Health Declaration to fill in, but instead found it myself and emailed it through, because I hadn't received anything through the post to fill in.What is this DBS everyone is talking about? And Disclosure Scotland - is that DBS? No-one has emailed or mailed me anything to fill in, so I'm wondering if I should have been sorting all this out myself. Could someone please let me know about DBS and any other forms that I should be filling in at this stage after having provided my references?

Provisional offer for East Kilbride received on April 24th btw, really looking forward to this job, but have heard nothing in the past couple of weeks since I provided details of my referees so it would be good to hear from you or anyone - you've all been helpful so far :-)

Thanks, Samantha.

Hey Samantha. I got an email yesterday saying that they're waiting on the vacancy holder coming back to them with start dates. I'm dying to get started too!! :smile: I'm planning to wait until Thursday and mail again if I haven't heard.
Reply 93
Hey guys I had them investigate the status of my application and after 3 months they emailed me this morning telling me I shouldn't have got a provisional offer as I hadn't gave them confirmation of my exam results but they forgot to advise me that I wasn't chosen for the next stage.. When I went for my interview I got told to bring my exam results when and if I got the job as I had to send away for them.. (They burned in a house fire) and they were aware of this at my interview.. Gutted tbh
Reply 94
Oh pevmy that's awful! I hope you're ok? I think with the volume of applicants for the whole of the uk some things just skip through the net. It's no consolation for you though especially since you've refused other job offers. I hope it works out for you.
Original post by L06238
What email address have you used to contact the recruitment team? My application still says "scheduled for 1st interview" despite attending for interview on the 5th March.

I have only gotten successful replies after emailing this one: [email protected] ... have tried contacting the email address [email protected] and also [email protected] but never got replies from them - it seems that these email addresses are ones that you may get contact from, but never are able to contact directly. If you'd prefer, maybe you could send the same email to ALL of the above? Hopefully this helps, Samantha.
Original post by Fanabe
Hey Samantha. I got an email yesterday saying that they're waiting on the vacancy holder coming back to them with start dates. I'm dying to get started too!! :smile: I'm planning to wait until Thursday and mail again if I haven't heard.

Hey, thanks for replying! So what date did you get your provisional offer and what have you sent off to them since then apart from your references? I'm trying to work out whether I'm at a good stage to be getting a start date soon. Emailed my health declaration through and not sure what other forms I should have filled in. I signed something at my interview for Disclosure Scotland, but not sure if I should do anything further regards that. Thanks, Samantha.
1st a June and shifts are good mon 10.30-7 tue 9-5 wed thur 11.30-8 fri 9-5.30 so it's good shifts

Hey Trisham, those are some really good shifts! How long did you wait to hear about that start date after your provisional offer? How did you hear about it - a phone call or an email? Thanks, Samantha.
Original post by Pevmey
Hey guys I had them investigate the status of my application and after 3 months they emailed me this morning telling me I shouldn't have got a provisional offer as I hadn't gave them confirmation of my exam results but they forgot to advise me that I wasn't chosen for the next stage.. When I went for my interview I got told to bring my exam results when and if I got the job as I had to send away for them.. (They burned in a house fire) and they were aware of this at my interview.. Gutted tbh

Sorry to hear about this!! Sounds like you've had a really bad experience, hope this doesn't happen to other people :-( I'd be gutted if I found out that my provisional offer was a mistake. Hopefully we'll all hear soon when our start dates are and I hope you get something sorted for yourself - did they tell you if you had the opportunity to interview again or even just show them your exam results so that you could get an offer? Especially if you did really well at interview and have waited all this time, would be a shame for it all to go to waste.
Reply 99
A got a email saying my checks where fine I had the job then they called me and I choose my start date and shifts xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending