The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 3 Tuesday 12th May 2015- *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

nm
i put there is less tropic levels therefore it is more efficient would that get a mark
Original post by jonahfromtonga
Probably, but I put that its a healthier option and its more ethical because factory farming is cruel.

i put there is less tropic levels therefore it is more efficient would that get a mark
Original post by lolman12

I would say so, yeah
Reply 124
Original post by neil20143
I don't think it will to be honest. I'd say between 45-46 at most but it wasn't as easy as C2 papers which tend to be that high but obviously it won't be particularly low.

That's good if the grade boundaries are lower because I hate high grade boundaries! haha
I reckon a A* will be 47, A will be 38, B will be 32, C will be 26, and D will be less than 23
Further Additional Science always seems to have lower grade boundaries than Biology 3, so I'd say judging by the pattern.. It'd be about 38/39 A* 31/32 A 25/6 B, it was a moderate test so they are just a bit higher. But the 2014 paper was really easy and that was 44 for A*.
Original post by willclegg7
Did you have to use comparative language for example 'whereas' 'however' or...would listing advantages and disadvantages of the artificial heart valve in continuous prose be enough to gain all 6 marks? I included 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages.

Yep, I actually did just that including a conclusion though with my personal opinion.
Original post by jonahfromtonga
FOR THE MYCOPROTEIN QUESTION (1st question of blp3h) what reasons did people put for why mycoprotein may be better to use?

I put that it's suitable for vegetarians and less land is needed meaning possibly less deforestation.
same!!!
Original post by isabellagrace
I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know the question that said, name two things that are found in the blood (something like that)
I put : platelets and amino acids?
Is that right? because a lot of people put platelets and plasma.

Also for the question that said what are effects of increase in global warming, i put
Ice caps melting and change in biodiversity
Is that right?? thanks! x
Also for the question about how oxygen got into the blood, would it be enough to put diffuses through the alveoli in the lungs?
Original post by Emma_B1
You know the question that said, name two things that are found in the blood (something like that)
I put : platelets and amino acids?
Is that right? because a lot of people put platelets and plasma.

Also for the question that said what are effects of increase in global warming, i put
Ice caps melting and change in biodiversity
Is that right?? thanks! x

Platelets is right, Amino Acids is right BUT, I remember it asking what else MAKES up blood...so the Solid/Liquid parts, if it was just what else is found in the blood then you were right.

Sea levels rising was in the question, which is similar to Ice Caps so it may or may not be accepted. I put weather pattern changes/migration of birds and drought

Original post by Emma_B1
Also for the question about how oxygen got into the blood, would it be enough to put diffuses through the alveoli in the lungs?

Yes, diffusion is correct.
(edited 8 years ago)
the ratio question- i left it in three digits, do you think they will allow it?
(AQA examiners and mark schemes are very ambiguous)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidClewett
I put that less CO2 is produced when compared to cattle farming and that it is more sustainable.

I put less land and that we get more energy from eating it as less stages in the food chain or something? Not sure it that's right though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 135
Original post by Emma_B1

Did you do the B3 paper, because I don't remember doing a question about oxygen entering the blood stream? Did I miss it!?
Original post by RachJess4
Phew! I put something about increased volume and decreased pressure, my answer was so poorly explained though :/

You still will most likely get a few marks for mentioning pressure so dont worry about it. :wink:
Original post by willclegg7
Did you do the B3 paper, because I don't remember doing a question about oxygen entering the blood stream? Did I miss it!?

I think it was at the back of the paper do you remember doing the last page?
Reply 138
What were the questions on the back page of the further additional paper
Reply 139
Original post by ragey002
I think it was at the back of the paper do you remember doing the last page?

That question was about why the Kidney transplant was rejected and what drug the patient takes to prevent it from happening. I don't remember an oxygen in the blood question!? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending