The Student Room Group

Female British Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A5ko
Have you ever eaten bacon at any point in your life?

No never ever as a muslim because its haram (forbidden) to eat anything that is related to pig.... hope tht helps
Original post by Idris11
SALAM ALEIKUM:beard:

walaikum asalam
what led you to believe in Islam? i'm assuming your faith was almost imposed on you by the cultural background of your family which gives you a sort of narrow mindedness against the possibilities of other religions and their teachings so how can you call yourself a firm believer without eliminating other possibilities ? Not trying to disrespect/ cause offence but i find this an interesting issue among religious people in general.
Original post by andpassword
what led you to believe in Islam? i'm assuming your faith was almost imposed on you by the cultural background of your family which gives you a sort of narrow mindedness against the possibilities of other religions and their teachings so how can you call yourself a firm believer without eliminating other possibilities ? Not trying to disrespect/ cause offence but i find this an interesting issue among religious people in general.

Not resident in OP's mind but I can probably have a guess;

OP is clearly reasonable and principled enough to make her own ****ing decisions about her religion. She may have been introduced to it by her cultural background but she is capable of making her own decisions, y'know...

It's clearly what has appealed most and felt most plausible to her, and that's totally chill. She doesn't need to evaluate everything, because it's not like some written law that you have to do that before you can call yourself a firm believer. She doesn't need your white western hegemony to make decisions.

I'm sure OP will make a far more reasoned and coherent argument than myself but hey.

Why question other's beliefs?
Reply 64
do you know why this has 19 tweets?

i've seen 1 or 2 but 19!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ThatGurl
Nothing rude or offensive please :smile:

How are you able to tell the difference between:

a) a man who is really a prophet
b) a man lying about being a prophet
c) a man sincerely believing he's a prophet, but is mentally ill

???
Reply 66
Original post by fatima1998
No never ever as a muslim because its haram (forbidden) to eat anything that is related to pig.... hope tht helps

I know it's forbidden but that wasn't what I was asking. After all, you aren't born Muslim.
Reply 67
Original post by ThatGurl
Nothing rude or offensive please :smile:

How do you know God?
Reply 68
Original post by Guills on wheels

Why question other's beliefs?

Because she asked us to :tongue:
Reply 69
Original post by doommiinniikky
Ok I've got a good one: How do you feel about the rise of UKIP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Um some of UKIPs policies are actually okay but most of them are so stupid
Reply 70
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
What would you do if your child left Islam?

Or if your daughter married a non-Muslim?

Whats the most haram thing you've ever done?

If my child left islam I'd want to bring them back to islam obviously but in the end of it,it's their choice.

If my daughter married a non-Muslim, well tbh I don't have any objections to that - as long as he's good to her and doesn't do any super haram stuff like drink and do drugs I'm cool with it :smile:

The most haram thing I've ever done.. Well I don't think I'm one to judge what I'm doing - whether it's haram or not but I'd have to say date.
Reply 71
Original post by andf1997
hi, what do you think of a muslim girl living away at university? whats your opinion of it? because living in student accommodation and making friends will be hard when you dont have similar interests like partying etc.

hey, I think that it's totally cool, my parents expect me to live at my uni too. As regards to the partying thing- not everyone is about the partying life haha and there are bound to be other muslims there too. Also, I don't think it's that hard to find friends, you just have to find people with the same interests as you, but obviously everyone makes friends in different ways.
Original post by A5ko
I know it's forbidden but that wasn't what I was asking. After all, you aren't born Muslim.

indeed we arent born as a muslim even if our whole family is muslim but as soon a baby born the muslim prayer (called adan in arabic) has been read out in our both ears since then we known as muslim
Reply 73
Original post by andpassword

OKAY. Firstly, my parents aren't the strict typical asians that force religion down their children's throats. In fact, I didn't notice a difference between me and the other kids until I turned 8. We all lived the same lives except my family believed in Allah.

I am old enough to make my own decisions about God and about my beliefs and I did a lot of research on Islam and started getting really interested in my religion. My mother started wearing hijab around the age of 35. I however began wearing it at 13. There is a huge age difference there and it's because of my beliefs and what I chose to do. My parents didn't force religion upon me because they've seen first hand what forcing religion can do. It will turn the child away from the religion and they'll go out doing drugs and drinking.

I have also studied many other religions (not in school as the rs lessons are utter bs) such as Buddhism and Christianity and tbh I find faults in those religions. (I do not mean to take offence, it's just my beliefs) I don't see how a religion which has basically been written my humans can be the ONE religion but then again it's just what I believe.

If I missed anything, let me know.
Reply 74
Original post by Racoon
How do you know God?

What kind of question is that? I don't know God. Wut?
Reply 75
Original post by kyoti
do you know why this has 19 tweets?

i've seen 1 or 2 but 19!

Um I have no idea what you're talking about, please elaborate haha
Are you attending this year's annual twerkathon?
Reply 77
Original post by sonysharp11
Are you attending this year's annual twerkathon?

Haha no, not really up for the twerking life :smile:
muslims who are muslims but do not agree with the shariah. what do you think of them? are they still real muslims?
Reply 79
Original post by GnomeMage
muslims who are muslims but do not agree with the shariah. what do you think of them? are they still real muslims?

I'm not one to judge but I think they're muslims because they believe in Allah and his prophets (peace be upon them) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest