The Student Room Group

AQA Drama Written Paper 2015

Anyone else sit the written paper for Aqa drama this morning? If so which sections did you do? I did section A & C, question 10 was a pain:frown:
Reply 1
I did it. Absolutely hated it. I did section C questions 11 and 12 and they were the worst questions I have ever seen. Also, I found it annoying that questions 02 and 03 were practically the same. Overall, terrible paper and I hope the grade boundaries are very low.
Reply 2
Original post by benjo456
I did it. Absolutely hated it. I did section C questions 11 and 12 and they were the worst questions I have ever seen. Also, I found it annoying that questions 02 and 03 were practically the same. Overall, terrible paper and I hope the grade boundaries are very low.

They should be:angry: really annoyed me that paper! I'm a A/B grade theory student and I probably got an D on that paper. Furious. :angry:
Reply 3
Aware this is a late reply, but have been looking for a thread to take out my AQA anger on :wink: I did section A and B, I thought they were quite good and I'm glad the questions were the same as they are every year. I don't think anyone did section C in my school (even though we get taught all 3), but I've heard it was really nasty :/ I think grade boundaries may be lower than normal- but they can't be much higher as usually about 93.3% overall is an A* 😬 What did you all do for your practicals? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Morgan_
Aware this is a late reply, but have been looking for a thread to take out my AQA anger on :wink: I did section A and B, I thought they were quite good and I'm glad the questions were the same as they are every year. I don't think anyone did section C in my school (even though we get taught all 3), but I've heard it was really nasty :/ I think grade boundaries may be lower than normal- but they can't be much higher as usually about 93.3% overall is an A* 😬 What did you all do for your practicals? :smile:

Section c was a nightmare!!! And I did a devised piece from girl interrupted
Reply 5
Original post by Peasantwentz
Section c was a nightmare!!! And I did a devised piece from girl interrupted

I think a lot of teachers found the wording of section C an issue and most people struggled with it so there should be lower grade boundaries! How many pieces did you do? We did 3- a devised (out group did about evacuees in ww2), a scripted (blue remembered hills) and a second of the one we did worse in- so I did another devised but about the London bombings :smile:
Are you talking about GCSE AQA drama?

If so, the paper turned out to be a lot better than any of my practice papers :smile: in my mock I got 10 / 40 for section B, obviously I did 01,02,03,04 but then I did 07 and 08 - as I did technical theatre as one of my coursework pieces I thought it would be easier to write about. No way.

No one at my school does section C, and yeah, I think it's 74 / 80 for A*, along with A* coursework.

Mo
Reply 7
Original post by Morganblue68

If so, the paper turned out to be a lot better than any of my practice papers :smile: in my mock I got 10 / 40 for section B, obviously I did 01,02,03,04 but then I did 07 and 08 - as I did technical theatre as one of my coursework pieces I thought it would be easier to write about. No way.

No one at my school does section C, and yeah, I think it's 74 / 80 for A*, along with A* coursework.

Mo

I did Blue remembered hills, a theatre in education piece about sexting and the dangers and girl interrupted! And section C was awful!! They best have an appeal...
I did Blue remembered hills, a theatre in education piece about sexting and the dangers and girl interrupted! And section C was awful!! They best have an appeal...

I wrote about a devised physical theatre piece for section A, then I did section B and wrote about Top Girls.

So a girl interrupted your exam? That's really unfortunate :/

Mo
Reply 9
I wrote about a devised physical theatre piece for section A, then I did section B and wrote about Top Girls.

So a girl interrupted your exam? That's really unfortunate :/

Mo

We changed it a lot!!! Got an A*/ A on it :smile:
We changed it a lot!!! Got an A*/ A on it :smile:

Well done :smile: I got 119/120 for my coursework - I lost one mark because my shoulder pad fell out. I didn't make a fuss or anything about it, but apparently that was out of character.
My first coursework piece was actually a D - I was the only person in the class to fail that one. Luckily you only submit your best two :smile: my group were all really pushy as they wanted the most lines etc, but I didn't want to get into the arguments and things. Oh well, I got the A* for my best two courseworks in the end :smile:

Mo
Reply 11

Mo

It's usually about 186/200 for A* so you could get an A in written if you got an A* in practical and vice versa- I think I got about 117/120 in practical so I can get about 70/80 to still get marks into an A* (aka not have the 186 borderline thing😂).
Anyone studying Coram Boy or TSOTM? Do you genuinely think Brighella will come up? Has anyone got any good notes on him/her?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending