The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
:hugs: where is it for?

Charityworks - non-profit sector graduate scheme. I've been doing some research today and a few people who've been to the assessment day have said that it is a very friendly atmosphere so I'm feeling a lot better about it. Just going to treat it like an adventure !! :biggrin:
Original post by venuswaltz
Charityworks - non-profit sector graduate scheme. I've been doing some research today and a few people who've been to the assessment day have said that it is a very friendly atmosphere so I'm feeling a lot better about it. Just going to treat it like an adventure !! :biggrin:

That sounds really good. If nothing else it is something to learn from and experience. You'll be fine.
Had another write off of a day workwise. Doesn't help I'm not feeling confident with my dissertation again.
Mega quick exam marking from the Biology department this semester - got an A3 in my exam so an overall B1 for the module :smile: Very happy with that! Now to wait for the other two results...
Last exam tomorrow! then second year is over :eek:

then a rush to pack up my room/ clean room and house ready for the inspection on Thursday before I go home on Friday :woo: the boy is also back from his trip to America that day so we'll hopefully see each other on the saturday :biggrin:

Then to finalise my job as a lab assistant at Southampton University over summer :redface:
Original post by lilGem
Last exam tomorrow! then second year is over :eek:

then a rush to pack up my room/ clean room and house ready for the inspection on Thursday before I go home on Friday :woo: the boy is also back from his trip to America that day so we'll hopefully see each other on the saturday :biggrin:

Then to finalise my job as a lab assistant at Southampton University over summer :redface:

Best of luck :smile:
Finally having a semi productive day organising my notes so far for my dissertation into sections.
That moment when you don't actually understand anything but have an exam tomorrow. What a time to be alive.
Had a productive day on my diss so far this week, and got an 80 for my latest essay :bubbles:

Hoping to get a few more hours on the diss in today, and then hopefully get a lit review draft written by the end of this week so I can get on to the research.
Original post by Antifazian
Had a productive day on my diss so far this week, and got an 80 for my latest essay :bubbles:

Hoping to get a few more hours on the diss in today, and then hopefully get a lit review draft written by the end of this week so I can get on to the research.

well done, and that was very speedy! im still drowning in literature here...
Original post by jelly1000
well done, and that was very speedy! im still drowning in literature here...

Thank you! Drowning in literature is probably better than not having enough to write about, at least! Sounds like you're on track. I'm possibly being too optimistic, there's still a lot of reading that needs doing.

I feel paranoid about getting on to the research quickly, because it will be case study analysis, but two of my case studies are looking like there isn't much out there on them, so may need to arrange interviews and stuff. Ughhhh, can't be bothered with all that.
(edited 8 years ago)
and second year is over! lovely genetics paper :woo:

now to figure out where to begin packing :redface:
Original post by Antifazian
Thank you! Drowning in literature is probably better than not having enough to write about, at least! Sounds like you're on track. I'm possibly being too optimistic, there's still a lot of reading that needs doing.

I feel paranoid about getting on to the research quickly, because it will be case study analysis, but two of my case studies are looking like there isn't much out there on them, so may need to arrange interviews and stuff. Ughhhh, can't be bothered with all that.

possibly. although the impact of EU migration on Britain has been done so much there isn't much for me to say other than a couple of interviews I hope to arrange. I'd much rather just be able to mass email a questionaire but less chance of responses that way.
Second year is over :woo:
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Second year is over :woo:

:five:
I never have to do pure maths again! Thing is, I enjoyed the paper and answering the questions, but can't hack another year of sitting through the lectures it requires. Just one exam left to go now!
Hi,

Is anyone able to reccommend any sites where you can get second hand text books?
I'm after a couple of marketing books, i'm not bothered how tatty they are, i'm just need them to be readable and cheap!

Thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by violetta_blue
Hi,

Is anyone able to reccommend any sites where you can get second hand text books?
I'm after a couple of marketing books, i'm not bothered how tatty they are, i'm just need them to be readable and cheap!

Have you looked on Ebay and Amazon?? I got my textbooks from there :redface:
Original post by violetta_blue
Hi,

As above Amazon can be really good for second hand versions :smile:
6 down, 3 to go! Getting there slowly but surely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending