The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Urgh no, I couldn't bear the embarrassment.
Seriously sometimes spend half an hour tidying, even though they'll look in your room for about 30 seconds.

Score predictions for today?
Gonna go 3-1 Arsenal.
Both teams will score but I feel like Villa just won't have enough.

will be 2-1 or 3-1
Feeling a lot more confident than yesterday, provided we start on the front foot we'll be OK, out squad is just too good, villas only hope is to steal a 1-0 or 2-1, and if it goes to extra time we'll win comfortably.

If ospina starts though.... Benteke will just make him his bitch from crosses for 90 minutes. Szs in goal and Walcott up top and we'll be fine... Inb4 Arteta replaces Coq just for banter
Original post by sr90
will be 2-1 or 3-1

Scenes when Villa go ham and just destroy Arsenal :colone:

Wouldn't be as funny as it would've been last year, but this thread would still have a monumental meltdown :biggrin:
Please God...
People finally realising Ospina is a pile of **** then?
Ospina is poverty
Original post by jam277

Not joking, I'd back myself to deal with an in-swinging corner first time better than Ospina.

And he's not even that good a shot stopper, falls like a bag of spuds at times.

Worst keeper Arsenal have had in my lifetime imo. Worse than Rami Shabaan and Mart Poom.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Not joking, I'd back myself to deal with an in-swinging corner first time better than Ospina.

And he's not even that good a shot stopper, falls like a bag of spuds at times.

Worst keeper Arsenal have had in my lifetime imo. Worse than Rami Shabaan and Mart Poom.

The way that he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas is so annoying...like vs Spurs for the Kane goal :/
Original post by yelllowribbon
The way that he pushes the ball back into dangerous areas is so annoying...like vs Spurs for the Kane goal :/

Some of the worst goal-keeping Ive seen at Arsenal yeah.

What amazes me are these clueless guys who says things like ''he's so calm though'' so they're prepared to accept a GK who wont make a comedy howler even though he cant deal with crosses, cant get down for longshots in time, cant clear the ball at the first attempt, doesnt look good in a peno situation etc etc.

It's madness and just shows football fans will see what they want to see at times.

Szczesny is a nutter but the guy has talent at least.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277

No even after his first 3 games where he got clean sheets byt faced nothing difficult and still made errors from crosses I was saying he wasn't good at all...
Original post by Zürich

Bold claim that. Arsenal have had some right dross in goal down the years

You've never properly replaced Seaman imo
Original post by Zürich
Some of the worst goal-keeping Ive seen at Arsenal yeah.

What amazes me are these clueless guys who says things like ''he's so calm though'' so they're prepared to accept a GK who wont make a comedy howler even though he cant deal with crosses, cant get down for longshots in time, cant clear the ball at the first attempt, doesnt look good in a peno situation etc etc.

It's madness and just shows football fans will see what they want to see at times.

Szczesny is a nutter but the guy has talent at least.

Let be honest, here the people that want Ospina to remain are the kids who love doing his chant.
Original post by sr90
Bold claim that. Arsenal have had some right dross in goal down the years

You've never properly replaced Seaman imo

Lehman was a great keeper..
Original post by AR_95

Seaman was much better tbh.

Lehmann's main talent was self assurance and organisation. His actual shot stopping reactions were average imo.
Original post by Zürich
Seaman was much better tbh.

Lehmann's main talent was self assurance and organisation. His actual shot stopping reactions were average imo.

But he was still an absolute solid keeper.. You wouldn't have thought he needed to be replaced by some one better, but then compare him to the likes of almunia, schezny, ospina and fabianski and none of them remotely come close to him.

Although I won't take it away from Schezny, because he had a brilliant season last year
Original post by AR_95

He was decent but nothing special, he had a GOAT defence ahead of him. The Almunia/Lehmann feud was embarassing as well.
Shabaan, Poom were backup though so it's not a fair comparison. In terms of starting keepers, can he rival Almunia for worst keeper this century?
Original post by sr90
He was decent but nothing special, he had a GOAT defence ahead of him. The Almunia/Lehmann feud was embarassing as well.

But like I said he was suited to be our first choice so although not as good as Seaman, we were absolutely fine.

Failing to replace Lehman is where we're at I'd say, just like how we've failed to replace RVP essentially.
I dont understand what's so good about ospina and wenger picks him. I don't know how he let in the 3rd goal monoco scored, should have saved it. Costed us the quarter finals possibly.
Original post by SA-1
Sweets, I don't see reason working here. Reckon it's time to whip out dem cards

That's been sorted dear :smile:

Phwoar! The BBC are really excited for this one, so many FA cup special programmes before kick off.
Whos going to the Emirates screening today? COYG! :smile:

Latest