The Student Room Group

PGCE - Current Students Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airfairy
When I leave my placement I'd like ti get the other trainee a gift. She is on an undergraduate qts degree so she still has another year left. I'd like to make a teacher training survival kit. Any suggestions what to put in it? What would you have wanted when you started your pgce?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely chocolate. Cold and flu tablets, lemsip, paracetamol.... Stationary, maybe some personalised stickers/a merit stamp? Post it notes
4,000 words written in less than 24 hours... my mind hurts but LAST ESSAY SUBMITTED!

14 teaching days to go.
When I leave my placement I'd like ti get the other trainee a gift. She is on an undergraduate qts degree so she still has another year left. I'd like to make a teacher training survival kit. Any suggestions what to put in it? What would you have wanted when you started your pgce?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a massive amount of stationery as a leaving present and it's all been so useful

I got something similar to this http://www.paperchase.co.uk/stationery/writing/list-pads/desk-planner-pad-dinky-birds.html which I really liked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-OF-8-SELF-INK-TEACHER-STAMPS-IN-A-TRAY-SCHOOL-STAMPS-MULTI-COLOUR-REWARD-/281704223683?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4196e153c3
So we're on enrichment this week, and my lovely husband has given me the flu that he's had. Today he put his foot down and banned me from going to school but I hate not being able to go in, even if it is just observations!
Pleading with my girlfriend to go to school and she's having none of it.

I hate this. At least I'm getting faster on the crutches :frown:
Could someone explain what is meant by abilities in the context of a lesson diary. Is it how well the students performed the task?
Original post by Ratchit99
So we're on enrichment this week, and my lovely husband has given me the flu that he's had. Today he put his foot down and banned me from going to school but I hate not being able to go in, even if it is just observations!

I'm on enrichment week too, are you a Goldsmith student by the way?
Original post by Red Lightning
I'm on enrichment week too, are you a Goldsmith student by the way?

Im not, southampton is on enrichment too it seems :smile:
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I love them. I love buying presents so I'm quite excited to buy my little 'teacher training survival kit' :tongue:
Had my meeting today. We are trying something new next week and if that fails I'll fail the course. Sounds like I'll know what's happening by a week on Friday. Going to be on tenterhooks til then.
Original post by alabelle
Had my meeting today. We are trying something new next week and if that fails I'll fail the course. Sounds like I'll know what's happening by a week on Friday. Going to be on tenterhooks til then.

I'm sorry to hear that. What is the 'something new'?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I'm sorry to hear that. What is the 'something new'?

I'm moving to a new school with a bigger class for the week.
I'm moving to a new school with a bigger class for the week.

Ok. Do you think that will do the trick? Do you need a fresh start?
Ok. Do you think that will do the trick? Do you need a fresh start?

We are all in agreement that something needs to change! I think it will be helpful to have a fresh start but I am very nervous about a new (older!) class. In some ways I suspect it will be much harder but they must have their reasons for thinking this will help. Not sure if I will be returning to my current class if everything goes well. Sad about that because I love teaching them!
Do you think it's possible to teach an entire lesson sitting down? Nobody wants me to go in tomorrow but I can't stand staying at home.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Do you think it's possible to teach an entire lesson sitting down? Nobody wants me to go in tomorrow but I can't stand staying at home.

It's how I teach all of mine....
We are all in agreement that something needs to change! I think it will be helpful to have a fresh start but I am very nervous about a new (older!) class. In some ways I suspect it will be much harder but they must have their reasons for thinking this will help. Not sure if I will be returning to my current class if everything goes well. Sad about that because I love teaching them!

Well, I hope it works out for you.:smile:
It's how I teach all of mine....

I think I'd have to actively hunt a chair down to teach sitting down. Everyone at my school seems to teaching standing. Might just have to give it a go.
Well, I hope it works out for you.:smile:

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending