The Student Room Group

Childcare Grant amount

I am planning on applying for a full time PGCE to start next year, I have 2 children and currently claim the childcare element of universal credit. I just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of how much childcare grant we might be eligible for? My husband currently earns £25878 before tax, and I would have no income apart from a student loan if I gave up my current job to do the course. Thank you
Original post by purple_ren
I am planning on applying for a full time PGCE to start next year, I have 2 children and currently claim the childcare element of universal credit. I just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of how much childcare grant we might be eligible for? My husband currently earns £25878 before tax, and I would have no income apart from a student loan if I gave up my current job to do the course. Thank you

There is a student finance calculator you can try:

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator
Reply 2
Thank you, but it only gives the upper limit for childcare grant and from other threads on here I understand we’ll get a much smaller amount however I can’t find that information anywhere.
Original post by purple_ren
Thank you, but it only gives the upper limit for childcare grant and from other threads on here I understand we’ll get a much smaller amount however I can’t find that information anywhere.

There is some more information here, but again it is giving maximum amounts and not giving details of reductions with income thresholds. I suggest that you apply for student finance and the childcare grant to see what you would be entitled to and then make the decision if it is viable or not for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending