The Student Room Group

Special consideration question?

Hi , I have heard you can get special consideration in exams if a close family member has recently died. My mother passed away at the end of April but I didn't tell anyone at college because I thought I would be ok but it is affecting me more than I thought it would. I have already had one exam and have more tomorrow but is it too late to tell my tutor about my circumstances for the special consideration and what special consideration am I likely to get?
Reply 1
Original post by lucy-96
x

First of all, sorry to hear this. :hugs:

It isn't too late. Tell your tutor as soon as you can and they'll contact the exams person then work from there. :redface:
Sorry to hear about your loss. There should be an exams person at your college you can speak to?
Reply 3
Original post by 8472
First of all, sorry to hear this. :hugs:

It isn't too late. Tell your tutor as soon as you can and they'll contact the exams person then work from there. :redface:

Original post by OU Student
Sorry to hear about your loss. There should be an exams person at your college you can speak to?

Thanks both of you, I will go and seem my tutor later today.
Reply 4
Original post by lucy-96
Thanks both of you, I will go and seem my tutor later today.

Wish you the best with it. If you need any help, want to ramble or something i'm always here. Quote, VM or PM. :jumphug:
RIP for your loss. Keep strong and make her proud. Good luck
Reply 6
Original post by 8472
Wish you the best with it. If you need any help, want to ramble or something i'm always here. Quote, VM or PM. :jumphug:

Original post by TheTruthTeller
RIP for your loss. Keep strong and make her proud. Good luck

Thanks for the support :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest