The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarrenBCFC
It was not our fault there was one point in the season where you lost 6 games on the bounce

No point "what iffing" with a blue nose. It's just the most recent and painful example of a point dropped.
Brentford 'happy to negotiate' with QPR regarding the sale of Andre Gray.
Original post by LordPhylogeny
Good luck without Warburton.

Depending on how they structure their teams I think the teams fighting for Promotion will be: Middlesborugh, Ipswich, Blackburn, Nottingham Forest and Wolves with Derby, Brentford possibly getting a playoff spot depending on their managers.

Hull and Derby top two.

Boro, Burnley, QPR and Wolves in the play-offs.
Original post by Scott129
Hull and Derby top two.

Boro, Burnley, QPR and Wolves in the play-offs.

The three relegated teams are barely top flight teams, Burnley have lost Danny Ings meaning they won't be able to buy a goal. QPR have some ok strikers but they are going to be doing a lot of restructuring, Hull just don't have the quality but have a good manager so could be interesting one.

Boro and Ipswich is the only realistic top two I see occuring
Championship top two is always hard to call...

So I'm calling Forest and Ipswich :biggrin:
The three relegated teams are barely top flight teams, Burnley have lost Danny Ings meaning they won't be able to buy a goal. QPR have some ok strikers but they are going to be doing a lot of restructuring, Hull just don't have the quality but have a good manager so could be interesting one.

They were dependent on ings because vokes was injured. Barnes and boyd got a decent amount mind. You're writing off Burnley at your peril.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
They were dependent on ings because vokes was injured. Barnes and boyd got a decent amount mind. You're writing off Burnley at your peril.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You make a good point but I wouldn't say they were any better than Rhodes or Gestede at Blackburn and they were only on the outskirts of a play-off position.
Barnes was Burnley's unsung player last season. He'll shine in the second tier for sure.
LordPhylogeny

You make a good point but I wouldn't say they were any better than Rhodes or Gestede at Blackburn and they were only on the outskirts of a play-off position.

Barnes and boyd were in the premiership though, last time they were down there vokes got plenty, and besides their defence is their strength - keep Heaton and I'd back them for the title

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Barnes and boyd were in the premiership though, last time they were down there vokes got plenty, and besides their defence is their strength - keep Heaton and I'd back them for the title

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see where you are coming from and maybe I am looking at them from a premiership point of view and I really rate Dyche as a manger so it could happen. I don't know I just found a lot of their run to 2nd Place kind of lucky when they were in the Championship last time. Eh, I could be wrong?
I see where you are coming from and maybe I am looking at them from a premiership point of view and I really rate Dyche as a manger so it could happen. I don't know I just found a lot of their run to 2nd Place kind of lucky when they were in the Championship last time. Eh, I could be wrong?

Lucky? They were solid and well deserving of being best of the rest. Consistent and impressive. I don't like dyche but there's no denying they were excellent in the championship in 13/14

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hskjlclcn
No point "what iffing" with a blue nose. It's just the most recent and painful example of a point dropped.

Ok 6 game loss streak 0/18 pts

Loss against us =0/3 i think there is a slight difference

I find it amusing we wrecked yours and Derbys seasons. Silence the DDB

You make me look happy as Larry with some of your posts and that takes some doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you understand my point..

Ipswich ahead of Derby... OK, mate.

In fact, your whole post is full of crap. Burnley have a fantastic defence so expect lots of 1-0s. QPR still have a ton of quality throughout the team and a hell of a lot of financial muscle and Hull have arguably one of the best squads on paper in this league - Dawson, Huddlestone, Brady, Robertson, Jelavic, etc.
(edited 8 years ago)

You wrecked our season as much as any other team who we failed to take 3 points off so you can't really take credit for that.

Reading, on the other hand, can.
Boro & Bournemouth dropped 6 points to us, Norwich, Derby & Ipswich also dropped 3 points to us.

We dropped 3 points to Wigan & 2 points to whipping boys Blackpool

Basically, the championship is too long & too tough to be flawless & it's impossible to pinpoint a teams failure on one particular defeat.
Original post by Mackay
Barnes was Burnley's unsung player last season. He'll shine in the second tier for sure.

ACL tear. He'll be lucky to get 90 minutes next season
Original post by TornadoGR4

Basically, the championship is too long & too tough to be flawless & it's impossible to pinpoint a teams failure on one particular defeat.

Absolutely. It is notoriously the toughest league to get out of. It's a 46-game trough.
Original post by Scott129
Ipswich ahead of Derby... OK, mate.

In fact, your whole post is full of crap. Burnley have a fantastic defence so expect lots of 1-0s. QPR still have a ton of quality throughout the team and a hell of a lot of financial muscle and Hull have arguably one of the best squads on paper in this league - Dawson, Huddlestone, Brady, Robertson, Jelavic, etc.

He does have a point on QPR, aren't they due to pay a huge fine for cheating their way up in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest