The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
RVP still hurts? The success we've enjoyed since he's left and Utd post SAF troubles have help me get over his leaving.I honestly believe if you had told RVP in 2012 he'd have only 1 PL medal after 3 seasons at Utd he's had stayed at Arsenal. Fergie essentially sold him a false vision.

Nasri was a quality player tho.

How many Premier League titles have Arsenal won it that time? Even under Moyes he reached a CL QF which is better than anything Arsenal have done in the CL for years. Winning the league pretty much single handedly and getting to work under the greatest club manager in the history of the game would be the pinnacle of most strikers' career. He won't regret leaving Arsenal one bit.

Arsenal talk about qualifying for the CL whereas United talk about winning it. Arsenal celebrate 4th like they won the league whereas United's players all come out and say 4th is not acceptable. I think its obvious which club has more ambition. Its laughable to say he regrets leaving, even now he'd be your best striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90
even now he'd be your best striker.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

obvious bait is obvious
Original post by sr90
How many Premier League titles have Arsenal won it that time? Even under Moyes he reached a CL QF which is better than anything Arsenal have done in the CL for years. Winning the league pretty much single handedly and getting to work under the greatest club manager in the history of the game would be the pinnacle of most strikers' career. He won't regret leaving Arsenal one bit.

Arsenal talk about qualifying for the CL whereas United talk about winning it. Arsenal celebrate 4th like they won the league whereas United's players all come out and say 4th is not acceptable. I think its obvious which club has more ambition. Its laughable to say he regrets leaving, even now he'd be your best striker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worse than Welbeck, who's your second best striker.
Easily better than Welbeck
Original post by The Shed End
False Vision?

As Depleted said, Premier League is worth more even than 2 FA Cups.

SAF knew full well he'd be retiring at the end of the season when he signed RVP. RVP's age and effectiveness in the future for Utd beyond 12/13 meant nothing to him because there wasn't a need to long term plan with a perhaps younger striker. SAF wanted to go out with a bang.

Do you think RVP knew SAF was going to retire when he signed? Definitely not. As far as he was concerned he was looking forward to ending his career under SAF, competing for multiple honours and bringing a haul of trophies. Afterall that's why he threw away a chance to be a legend and left Arsenal isn't it? Utd have a tradition of winning things and they probably would have won the PL 13/14 too if SAF had stayed on but he didn't needless to say the last two seasons has been very disappointing for anyone associated with United.

I'm sure RVP was expecting more than a one PL medal after 3 seasons.

A PL medal may be more than 2 FA cups on face value but you haven't really accounted for sentimental value. After you've spent 8 years at a club and ended the trophy drought essentiality repaying the man who believed in you and made you're career, that's makes a FA cup a bit special.
Man I feel worst for is Zaha, signed by fergie and never had a day under fergie's wing, then shunned by Moyes and lvg. Still, he ****ed moyes daughter so i guess he has the last laugh...
Original post by leinad2012
Man I feel worst for is Zaha, signed by fergie and never had a day under fergie's wing, then shunned by Moyes and lvg. Still, he ****ed moyes daughter so i guess he has the last laugh...

Shunned because he had a **** attitude and wasn't good enough
Original post by difeo
Shunned because he had a **** attitude and wasn't good enough

Absolutely awful signing tbh, fergie didn't really do that week in the last few years when it came to signings, overlaid on rvo too although he obviously helped you guys walk the league you'd have done it without him most likely

Christ my typing is poverty
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

The most ludicrous concept in football. Barnet have the 'ambition' to win the CL do they not, as every club does? What you are getting at is that Utd have the resources to spend £150m every summer(and very badly too so it is every summer) and with those resources you should of course be aiming to win the CL.

A pertinent tangent is that for a club that has delusions of being the biggest in the world, your CL/EC record is not even close to matching up to the genuine titans.
Original post by leinad2012
Absolutely awful signing tbh, fergie didn't really do that week in the last few years when it came to signings, overlaid on rvo too although he obviously helped you guys walk the league you'd have done it without him most likely

Christ my typing is poverty

Don't think we would have tbh, 26 goals and look at the games they came in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Manchester_United_F.C._season#Premier_League.
Vs Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool City Spurs Everton Arsenal, all bar one games we won by one or drew, plus a hat trick in a 3-2 vs Soton. Remember that season we weren't great but kept grinding wins out, mostly because of him producing goals out of nowhere
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by difeo
RVP was the best striker in the league but with 0 titles in England or Holland and running out of time, how can you blame him for wanting to win a title

I vividly remember having to rely on the likes of Bendtner for extended periods with RVP always ''on the verge of a return from injury''. That lasted on and off for about 4 seasons and probably cost Arsenal a title as well. Then youve got the way he sold Arsenal down the river during negotiations(Juve felt they could get him for £10m after his little statement FFS) and the narcissistic ''Number 1 gooner'' stuff he came out with every month.

Anyway it's a free country and he's free to act like a snake if he chooses. Just glad his nothing career is over at 32 and he can look forward to being forgotten by one and all.
(edited 8 years ago)
This thread/Arsenal fanbase

The relationship the current group of players have with the fans is much healthier if you think about. None of Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Koscielny or even the guys we've had since they were kids like Ramsey, AOC ever try the ''this is my club, only want to be here'' nonsense that the likes of Cesc and RVP spewed for their own PR benefit. Also why Sagna/Song get no abuse and why people were wrong to give Nasri/Adebayor stick after they left.

Which is why if say AOC played for Chelsea one day I'm 100% sure he wouldnt get any stick.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Shed End
This thread/Arsenal fanbase

:laugh:
Original post by Zürich
I vividly remember having to rely on the likes of Bendtner for extended periods with RVP always ''on the verge of a return from injury''. That lasted on and off for about 4 seasons and probably cost Arsenal a title as well.Anyway it's a free country and he's free to act like a snake if he chooses. Just glad his nothing career is over at 32 and he can look forward to being forgotten by one and all.
Poor management really, when you have an injury prone striker you need non-Bendtner backup rather than hoping they stay fit. You can see that with Liverpool at the moment. Also any sort of debt from him to the club was paid off with his 12-13 season.
Original post by difeo
Poor management really, when you have an injury prone striker you need non-Bendtner backup rather than hoping they stay fit. You can see that with Liverpool at the moment. Also any sort of debt from him to the club was paid off with his 12-13 season.

It was of course poor management too. But RVP must be aware that the club gave him an opportunity when the likes of Ferguson would have thrown him aside like a used condom after a single season of that.
Original post by Zürich
It was of course poor management too. But RVP must be aware that the club gave him an opportunity when the likes of Ferguson would have thrown him aside like a used condom after a single season of that.

Saha was just as bad injury-wise and Fergie kept him, and he didn't have anywhere near RVP's ability.
Original post by Zürich
The relationship the current group of players have with the fans is much healthier if you think about. None of Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Koscielny or even the guys we've had since they were kids like Ramsey, AOC ever try the ''this is my club, only want to be here'' nonsense that the likes of Cesc and RVP spewed for their own PR benefit.

Shut up

https://vine.co/v/Mpzand6gggz

Latest