The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatart123
How many questions did you manage? Did q1, q2, q5 and q7 fully and couldn't really do anything else. Made a tiny mistake on q2 in simplifying something but hope that it only costs me a few marks out of 20. Definitely harder than last year's paper tbh, hoping for similar boundaries

... I did 1, 2, 5 and 7, did 3 partials in 3, 8 and 11. Also managed to mess up in misreading something in Qu7 which carried through the rest of the question but talking to people here like DFranklin etc, and they said the maximum I could possibly lose is 4 marks on 7 if they were being really harsh. So I should be looking at anything from 78->86.

Original post by lewisthornton
Good luck to everyone sitting STEP tomorrow (even though I want you all to fail so I get in)!

Original post by Amandeep_3
How did you find it? I found it really difficult tbf.

Original post by Amandeep_3
Got a full solution in q1 and q7 (though not to sure on my q7.)
Did part a and b for question two.
Did part b for question 5, figured out part a as soon as i left the exam hall though
Also did a little bit of question 8.
Didnt do well compared to how i did on past papers, thought I thought this paper was harder than normal so hopefully grade boundaries similiar to 2014?

Dont worry guys, it was a very tough paper, harder than last years, expect boundaries to be similar.

Also, post number 1000.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I didn't do nearly as well as I should have, I sacrificed full solutions to do parts of more. I should have worked to get proper full solutions on Q2 and 7, and my sketch for the last part of 1 was wrong; I made an error somewhere which I couldn't figure out >.<

I reckon I missed a 2, although you guys are saying the boundaries should be low, even though I thought in some respect this year had some nice questions. Questions 1, 2, and 7 I think were certainly tame!

Any idea how many people who get in have 2's or 3's?
Original post by TheFuture001
I didn't do nearly as well as I should have, I sacrificed full solutions to do parts of more. I should have worked to get proper full solutions on Q2 and 7, and my sketch for the last part of 1 was wrong; I made an error somewhere which I couldn't figure out >.<

I reckon I missed a 2, although you guys are saying the boundaries should be low, even though I thought in some respect this year had some nice questions. Questions 1, 2, and 7 I think were certainly tame!

Any idea how many people who get in have 2's or 3's?

From the distributions, it seems they give 50% of people a 2, approximately speaking. I do not think they were "tame" but they just one of the 4 approachable questions on that paper which made them seem that way, it will probs be like 45-50 for a 2, 65-70 for a 1 if I had to guess??? Maybe even lower for a 2 and 1 as it was harder than last years without a doubt. I could do a ton of them last year, but only 4 of these.
Original post by Jai Sandhu
From the distributions, it seems they give 50% of people a 2, approximately speaking. I do not think they were "tame" but they just one of the 4 approachable questions on that paper which made them seem that way, it will probs be like 45-50 for a 2, 65-70 for a 1 if I had to guess??? Maybe even lower for a 2 and 1 as it was harder than last years without a doubt. I could do a ton of them last year, but only 4 of these.

Oh really? Wow that is very reassuring ^_^. I was fairly disappointed with myself over the course of the day as I realised I let slip the questions which I had a better grasp on.

But anyway got a second shot tomorrow. My aim now is to ace at least 2 and possibly 3 questions, and scratch at the rest.
Original post by LumosNox
I finish Thursday, the 18th. I'm so ready to be done! It's scary how quickly some others have finished. One had photography, media and film and they finished yesterday. The other had history, english and photography and they finished Thursday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I finished today!! But I guess I screwed up in both papers today:frown: in such a bad mood... i guess i m not going to warwick:cry:
Original post by mynameispoo
I finished today!! But I guess I screwed up in both papers today:frown: in such a bad mood... i guess i m not going to warwick:cry:

Don't count yourself out yet, wait and see what results day brings and then, if you didn't get in, you can start the bad mood, until then stay positive!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well after those STEP exams I can safely say I'm not getting into Warwick!
Original post by CluffyUno

What about STEP 1?
Hey guys, would it be alright to choose accommodation after IB results day (July 6th)? I don't want to research the different options and get all excited only to find out that I missed my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
What about STEP 1?

I was really nervous and didn't do well enough on questions I could have/should have finished, and made the mistake of panicking and just doing scraps of other questions, wish they'd been the other way round tbh. This time I was much more composed and with a clearer plan, but really struggled with the questions! :-(
I was really nervous and didn't do well enough on questions I could have/should have finished, and made the mistake of panicking and just doing scraps of other questions, wish they'd been the other way round tbh. This time I was much more composed and with a clearer plan, but really struggled with the questions! :-(

Dont worry bro, STEP 1 was a HORRIBLE paper, the boundaries are going to be hella low, there was no calculus which I was relying on to do well in STEP so imagine how it went for me :tongue:
Me: Well I like Differential Equations, and Complex Numbers... Geometry's definitely not my strong point.
STEP: hehehehehehe :teehee:
Original post by Emmi12345
Me: Well I like Differential Equations, and Complex Numbers... Geometry's definitely not my strong point.
STEP: hehehehehehe :teehee:

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:
Original post by milkberries
Hey guys, would it be alright to choose accommodation after IB results day (July 6th)? I don't want to research the different options and get all excited only to find out that I missed my offer lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apply by the 31st July and you get priority accomodation. :smile:

I think I am in the same position :frown:. What's your insurance?
Original post by SH0405
I think I am in the same position :frown:. What's your insurance?

I doubt you did that badly, it was a hard paper! How many solutions did you get in STEP 1?
I doubt you did that badly, it was a hard paper! How many solutions did you get in STEP 1?

Q1 I got completely.
Got most of Qs 2 and 5.
And then partials/rather fragmentary answers for 4 more questions. I have often been 'criticised' for underestimating my marks. For my Oxford MAT (obviously no offer :s-smilie:), I estimated my mark as 51 and it turns out I got 'above average', which this year was around 64 if I remember correctly. So maybe it won't be that bad. And if it does, St Andrews is lovely and I love golf, so it'll all be good.

EDIT: That was for STEP I. For STEP II, I really didn't do well. Question 6 was pretty good, but other than that, not good...

"It'll all be good".

*Famous last words*
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SH0405
Q1 I got completely.
Got most of Qs 2 and 5.
And then partials/rather fragmentary answers for 4 more questions. I have often been 'criticised' for underestimating my marks. For my Oxford MAT (obviously no offer :s-smilie:), I estimated my mark as 51 and it turns out I got 'above average', which this year was around 64 if I remember correctly. So maybe it won't be that bad. And if it does, St Andrews is lovely and I love golf, so it'll all be good.

EDIT: That was for STEP I. For STEP II, I really didn't do well. Question 6 was pretty good, but other than that, not good...

"It'll all be good".

*Famous last words*

Aye, I often under estimate, I got full solutions to 1, 2, 5 and 7 except I read part of question 7 wrong, it didnt change the difficulty just meant my answer at the end was slightly wrong so I am pessimistic and deducted 5 marks. After that I got like 5 marks of partials. I am hoping I can get the 1 because FM has gone crap for me hahaahah. I am also hoping lots of people found it hard and grade boundaries will be similar to last years paper.
Aye, I often under estimate, I got full solutions to 1, 2, 5 and 7 except I read part of question 7 wrong, it didnt change the difficulty just meant my answer at the end was slightly wrong so I am pessimistic and deducted 5 marks. After that I got like 5 marks of partials. I am hoping I can get the 1 because FM has gone crap for me hahaahah. I am also hoping lots of people found it hard and grade boundaries will be similar to last years paper.

I suppose there's no leeway with Warwick offers. Say I got A* (maths), A (further maths) and A* (physics) plus a distinction in AEA and a grade 2 (or 3 :s-smilie:) in STEP; is there any chance?? Further Maths also hasn't gone great for me. Still got FP2 to go though....that's my favourite :smile:.
Dont worry bro, STEP 1 was a HORRIBLE paper, the boundaries are going to be hella low, there was no calculus which I was relying on to do well in STEP so imagine how it went for me :tongue:

I was Okay on step :colondollar:. Probably because I actually don't like the integration questions, so I go against the grain in that respect. think I got at least a 2 maybe even a 1, my problem is physics as I'm sure I would get in with A*aa2 but I've been told almost no one has a B. This means tmro's g485 is make or break for me :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest