The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Okay so Spurs have expanded the proposed capacity of their new stadium from 56,000 to 61,000 Erm, that means more than us. Nah I'm not having that.

That may leave us as the third largest ground rather than second behind Old Trafford. And yes these things are important. :colonhash:

Suggest we expand our seating capacity too. Srs.

Like who even are they?!??

Jesus. Who really cares if they have a bigger stadium than us? It's not like they're going to fill it up anyway.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Jesus. Who really cares if they have a bigger stadium than us? It's not like they're going to fill it up anyway.

I'm sure Jesus cares too. They'd probably fill it more than we fill ours tbh
I'm sure Jesus cares too. They'd probably fill it more than we fill ours tbh

no chance, they can't fill it for Europa League games
So Spurs will soon have the best club stadium in London, how embarrassing
Original post by difeo
So Spurs will soon have the best club stadium in London, how embarrassing

Very embarassing
Well they are still **** like Wilshere said :colonhash:
Okay so Spurs have expanded the proposed capacity of their new stadium from 56,000 to 61,000 Erm, that means more than us. Nah I'm not having that.

That may leave us as the third largest ground rather than second behind Old Trafford. And yes these things are important. :colonhash:

might have more seats but no way can spurs ever compete on matchday revenues.

Original post by ClockEnderAFC

They're a top 6 side in London, of course they'll fill it for league games without many issues. Same goes for West Ham. They'll struggle for midweek games and cup games against poverty opposition but in most cases of course they will fill it.

Is there any potential to expand Arsenals ground in the future? We are very limited on what we can do with OT, expansion has been discussed but there isn't an obvious way to do it as one of our stands backs on to a railway line.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure that the Emirates cannot be expanded.
Of course the Emirates can be expanded upto about 80,000 but the council will demand a expansion to the tube stations around the ground to cope will the additional people but we'd have to foot the bill for it.

Seating is already quite spacious at the ground so they could easily reduce the size of the seats plus with safe standing on trial in Scotland there's a good chance it can be implemented in England down the line too
Emirates can be expanded by filling in the corners that aren't at the same height as the top of the top tier.

Think Spurs new stadium looks decent, but am less certain of it actually being built/looking like it's proposed than Chelsea's.

Still, whenever I'm having a bad day, I just remember that at least I don't support Spurs.
Original post by sr90
We are very limited on what we can do with OT, expansion has been discussed but there isn't an obvious way to do it as one of our stands backs on to a railway line.
MEN wrote an article in May about it, saying the railway line wouldn't require an tunnel for the stand to be expanded, that and new quadrants would give a 94,000 capacity.

I doubt its even going to a big thing for most PL sides too soon, TV and Commercial are the biggest drivers of revenue at present, and clubs like United and Arsenal are at the top of the pack for match day anyway. Its going to a while before seating capacity becomes a revenue bottleneck, although a club like United might thinking about it sooner than most.
Apparently we're gonna be making 'signing of the summer' according to some agent...
I might buy the 3rd kit on the cheap for last season, I loved it so much, any advice on whether I should? (It's like £25) Also, the 14/15 season was insanely good in terms of goals. The top 5/10 are all brilliant, and the top 3 are worldies.

[video="youtube;A932ejx-2PM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A932ejx-2PM&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Original post by angelfox
Apparently we're gonna be making 'signing of the summer' according to some agent...

Wasn't it the same agent who said that Terry was going to some team like Fenerhbace?

Stadium size is unimportant if the team playing in it is ****. Chill.

Yea but how big is your danda?
Original post by angelfox

We need a CDM and a striker tbh, one ain't gonna be enough because even if Coq gets injured, relying on Arteta and Flam is just hopeless against big teams. Giroud can bang in goals nicely can't lie but we need someone who's clinical enough to just take it a level beyond Giroud esp when you have players like Ozil Alexis etc feeding you assists on a regs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stefano93
We need a CDM and a striker tbh, one ain't gonna be enough because even if Coq gets injured, relying on Arteta and Flam is just hopeless against big teams. Giroud can bang in goals nicely can't lie but we need someone who's clinical enough to just take it a level beyond Giroud esp when you have players like Ozil Alexis etc feeding you assists on a regs.

Signing of the summer to me suggests a forward. Possibilities:

Lacazette
Reus
Higuain (:/)
Benzema
Ibra
Cavani
shoutout to Ozil and Cazorla

DB will break your nose with his elbow and not even look twice, youre in the way of henrys run. proper 10

people think only defenders need to be hard
(edited 8 years ago)
bergkamp or henry?

i am Dutch and hes actually a proper 1v1 guy. i think him and Wenger made this club. Bergkamp for me
(edited 8 years ago)
Van Persie

Latest