The Student Room Group

I LOVE planes...(picture)

Scroll to see replies

:flybye:
Reply 81

Gotta love the T7's.
Original post by ryan9900
XH588 is the only airworthy Vulcan remaining. It's kept in the air purely by public donations and it's been on the brink of being grounded due to lack of funds for a few years now. It's still going, just about, and hopefully will be for years to come!

vforce.jpg
As you may already know, 2015 is officially the Vulcans last year of flight and XH588 is making a tour of England (and a bit of Scotland I think) over this weekend to fly over the surviving airframes from the V force.

worth seeing if it's coming your way - details/estimated times here http://www.vulcantothesky.org/salute-to-the-v-force-tour.html

I'll be watching at Woodford - which is especially poignant as the former Avro factory there, where the Vulcans were made, is currently in the process of being pulled down.

v-forcesalutemap-webdraft.jpg
OP that pic is awesome

i really like this one

Reply 85
Original post by Joinedup
vforce.jpg
As you may already know, 2015 is officially the Vulcans last year of flight and XH588 is making a tour of England (and a bit of Scotland I think) over this weekend to fly over the surviving airframes from the V force.

worth seeing if it's coming your way - details/estimated times here http://www.vulcantothesky.org/salute-to-the-v-force-tour.html

I'll be watching at Woodford - which is especially poignant as the former Avro factory there, where the Vulcans were made, is currently in the process of being pulled down.

I'll be watching at either Duxford or Southend. I haven't decided which yet. Hoping it will be announced at the Clacton airshow too. If not then the Duxford airshow which is bound to be a special one given its 60 years since the end of WW2.
Reply 86
If you really are into aviation, you should enter our world of flight simulation...
You will most definitely enjoy it!
A good flight simulator is X-Plane or Prepar3D, which are considered to be the leading simulators.
Reply 87

Spoiler

image.jpg

The A320 has always been my favourite for some reason. I think it looks perfect and I always feel less castrophobic and safe In these beautys :colondollar: Sad thing is , I would actually pay up to £20 more to fly with an airline with A320s operating that route over 737s . :p:p
vforce.jpg

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it. I'm based at one of it's flyover locations but I wasn't able to be there this weekend. Hope you had a good view though!
Original post by ryan9900
Unfortunately I haven't been able to see it. I'm based at one of it's flyover locations but I wasn't able to be there this weekend. Hope you had a good view though!

Cheers, I got a better view than the rubbishy picture I took suggests... but tbh not by much
Attachment not found
Ah, I can't wait to get my ATPL. Anyway, my favourite planes to fly are generally Gulfstrem business jets, though I do fly Boeings a lot, especially the 747 and 777 series jets.

Any other flight simmers around here? I just setup VoxATC for my FSX today, got it working with my cockpit.
Reply 92
Cheers, I got a better view than the rubbishy picture I took suggests... but tbh not by much
Attachment not found

Any view of a flying Vulcan is a good view :wink:

I decided not to go to the nearby fly pasts due to the weather forecast. It's flight path took it right over our house in the end at about 1000ft :biggrin: didn't have time for a photo though. Not the same as a climbing turn on max thrust, but I intend to get to an airshow for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chemi5try
image.jpg

The A320 has always been my favourite for some reason. I think it looks perfect and I always feel less castrophobic and safe In these beautys :colondollar: Sad thing is , I would actually pay up to £20 more to fly with an airline with A320s operating that route over 737s . :p:p

They are more elegant than stubby 737s. They don't have engine nacelles that look like they've been sat on by the Jolly Green Giant. They have rounded noses and smaller vertical stablisers. They sit nice and high off the ground.
Reply 94
Original post by rockrunride
They are more elegant than stubby 737s. They don't have engine nacelles that look like they've been sat on by the Jolly Green Giant. They have rounded noses and smaller vertical stablisers. They sit nice and high off the ground.

I completely agree, the new generation 737s look alright too, but they really fat compared to the 320 family.

Question is though, 787 or 350XWB?
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I completely agree, the new generation 737s look alright too, but they really fat compared to the 320 family.

Question is though, 787 or 350XWB?

Yet to go on either, but the 787's wing profile is gorgeous.
Reply 96
Original post by zigglr

That looks more like a savannah :P

:sogood:

Quick Reply

Latest