The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Any lurkers out there also going to HKU this Fall? I'd be down to have a little meet up, feel free to PM me!
Reply 181
Original post by ditde
I just received my offer from HKU 6 hours ago by email. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Would you mind telling me if yours is a conditional/unconditional offer? Cheers, many congrats!
Has any degree holder heard back yet?
Has anyone heard from HKU regarding the july interviews? It's 2 weeks before July interview date that the HKU med fac lady told me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone get an email inviting them to the gathering tmr? They said that (IB students) eligible for entry based on the IB results will be sent an email in the evening (HK time), and its evening already :/
Original post by beanie852
did anyone get an email inviting them to the gathering tmr? They said that (IB students) eligible for entry based on the IB results will be sent an email in the evening (HK time), and its evening already :/

:/ I wish they'd send an email notifying people who didn't make it... at least I can stop waiting...
Reply 186
Original post by claratiara
:/ I wish they'd send an email notifying people who didn't make it... at least I can stop waiting...

they will send one..but probably around September..
has any IB ppl received any emails yettttttt
Reply 188
Hi though I am not applying to Medicine, but Engineering. So far no emails yet for me....Status page still says Under Consideration....I called and asked that the results for all applicants will be released till late August. But I heard that the curriculum starts in September? How are we gonna make it till then if we are from overseas?? :frown:
Just wondering.. were the CUHK interview offers made through phone call or email? And when will they begin sending out July/August interview offers?
Reply 190
Original post by beanie852
Just wondering.. were the CUHK interview offers made through phone call or email? And when will they begin sending out July/August interview offers?

they called me, emailed me and mailed me...
probably a week ahead of the interview
Reply 191
Original post by LWW1989
Hi though I am not applying to Medicine, but Engineering. So far no emails yet for me....Status page still says Under Consideration....I called and asked that the results for all applicants will be released till late August. But I heard that the curriculum starts in September? How are we gonna make it till then if we are from overseas?? :frown:

unfortunately that's exactly how the procedure goes...lol..
for HKU, the semester starts in mid Sept btw
Reply 192
Any degree holder/fds heard back from CUHK (late June round interview) and HKU (Dec 2014 Fast Track interview)? I am just wondering if they are holding back unconditional offers to degree holders before they finalize all conditional offers for school leavers...the long wait is a pain
Reply 193
Original post by ox852
Any degree holder/fds heard back from CUHK (late June round interview) and HKU (Dec 2014 Fast Track interview)? I am just wondering if they are holding back unconditional offers to degree holders before they finalize all conditional offers for school leavers...the long wait is a pain

I've just read last year's thread..
I found that most people received their offers around mid to late August, so perhaps the wait has still to be going on for a while..lol
Original post by ox852

Cannot agree more.
Original post by minuteMoon
Cannot agree more.

Hello! I applied with my GCE A Levels and I'm more or less on the verge of giving up waiting... Uni here starts in Aug and i havent heard from them yet. Plus I'll need to start paying for my tuition fees soon so... :frown: All the best to those who are still waiting for HKU! :biggrin:
Reply 196
Congratulations to those who have received an offer! And to those who are waiting for an offer or an interview, wish you guys best of luck :smile:

Here's a thread from another forum on MBBS and MBChB, some of the users are locals (HKDSE, local uni pg through non jupas), and there are also some who are currently attending HKU and CUHK that are offering advice on interviews and the program. You may find some useful information :biggrin: (It's in Chinese btw)

http://forum4.hkgolden.com/view.aspx?type=ST&message=5945405
http://forum4.hkgolden.com/view.aspx?type=ST&message=5844950
http://forum1.hkgolden.com/view.aspx?type=BW&message=5245152&page=1 (2014)
Reply 197
Hey guys,
I just read that someone from JUPAS (local high school applicants) received an email from HKU saying that their interview performance was "very satisfactory" .
I wonder if this also applies to non-jupas applicants?
Hi guys,

I received my admission offer from CUHK today via email.
Reply 199
Original post by bellomed
Hi guys,

I received my admission offer from CUHK today via email.

Congrats! Are you a degree holder?

Latest

Trending

Trending