The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4060
2-0 now two goals within a minute
Very good performance against Peterborough today and the second goal was well taken. Probably should have been more than the two goals.

Oh it's wonderful when a team of free transfers and academy products perform like they do for us. A 19 year old from the youth academy with a goal and a 20 year old as our captain. Jamie Allen - remember the name.

Sheffield United and Bradford got battered too, early days though.
Think I might kill myself
Original post by hskjlclcn
Back on this thread seeing predictions of our success, how lovely!

How are all the regulars?

Haha it's a great feeling knowing we're favourites for promotion for a lot of people.
Anyway, great performance from Dangerous Dave and Afobe's of the mark, which is good. Wonder how Blackburn will cope without Gestede. Coady looks a great signing for us and Le Fondre should fill the gap well if Dicko/Afobe get injured. We should get top 6, but we'll see how the season pans out. Who knows?
Just when you thought a football league highlight show couldn't get any worse..
Original post by The Wavefunction
Just when you thought a football league highlight show couldn't get any worse..

Indeed; it was actually quite hard to watch all the way through - so incoherent and awkward. :sadnod:
3-0 win for the Dulwich today, top of the league and our debut striker scored a brace.

Happy days here.
Original post by alex_hk90
Indeed; it was actually quite hard to watch all the way through - so incoherent and awkward. :sadnod:

Hope they realise that fans just want football, not the awkward 'banter' with the weatherspoon-reject audience.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I don't know who annoys me more, Wigan or QPR. sad to see these clubs fall. Charlton 2-0 QPR.

QPR.easy. Austin scored them 18 last season and they still got relegated.

Besides they get promoted with their daddy's credit card and the irish in me can't support a rangers side.

Wigan all the same look in trouble.
Despite being the 'feature game' and having Michael Vaughan pop up I too found the format of the new show awkward.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Despite being the 'feature game' and having Michael Vaughan pop up I too found the format of the new show awkward.

I almost miss staying up to watch the highlights after MOTD.
What a bizarre end to Bury's game.
Wonder why walk-in goals never happen in the premier league (oh wait, maybe the players are actually disciplined enough)
Super Sam Vokes

Posted from TSR Mobile
We won 2-1 after Wealdstone turned up 20 minutes late :lol:

I'm hoping for a playoff berth this season, but Bath is Bath so we'll see.
Capital One Cup tomorrow night for a lot of Championship and League One sides. I love the football season being back.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Back on this thread seeing predictions of our success, how lovely!

How are all the regulars?

Stunned after Saturday's result!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
We won 2-1 after Wealdstone turned up 20 minutes late :lol:

I'm hoping for a playoff berth this season, but Bath is Bath so we'll see.

Team to watch out for this season, Maidstone United. Outclassed our whole league last year, and got a great following. Outnumbered home fans at most away games.
Henri Lansbury joining Burnley for 4 million. Forest dark horse to go down?
Original post by Tony_LeaS
Team to watch out for this season, Maidstone United. Outclassed our whole league last year, and got a great following. Outnumbered home fans at most away games.

Funnily enough someone else told me that Maidstone United is a team to watch out for too. Who do you support?

Quick Reply

Latest