The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
From what I remember from living in Britten House in 2011/12:
-Bin- yes
-Chair yes (not a wheely chair but mine was pretty comfy)
-Bedside table -no- if I remember rightly there was a little chest of drawers you could move next to your bed if you wanted
-wardrobe- yes
-Massive desk- yes
-light under the desk- yes

for ensuite what is provided in the kitchen, are things like kettle, toaster etc there? I know dinnerware and stuff isn't, but appliances?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by runefrog129
for ensuite what is provided in the kitchen, are things like kettle, toaster etc there? I know dinnerware and stuff isn't, but appliances?

In the newer ensuite halls like Britten, Colman e.c.t you got a hot water dispenser, otherwise no kettel. No toaster in any hall, but there is a grill. All halls kitchens have a microwave oven, larger flats have two, which does the same thing as a normal oven, some of the village kitchens now have a conventional oven too. Then obviously a fridge and freezer.
Original post by jelly1000
In the newer ensuite halls like Britten, Colman e.c.t you got a hot water dispenser, otherwise no kettel. No toaster in any hall, but there is a grill. All halls kitchens have a microwave oven, larger flats have two, which does the same thing as a normal oven, some of the village kitchens now have a conventional oven too. Then obviously a fridge and freezer.

ok thank you! Do you think it is worth everyone coming together when there to buy a kettle or not?
Original post by runefrog129
ok thank you! Do you think it is worth everyone coming together when there to buy a kettle or not?

I've realised I can't remember 100% if a kettle is included or not in the older halls but if it isn't then definitley, it won't cost much between 6+ of you.
what about a desklamp and bin in the village ensuite bedrooms? thanks!
Anyone studying Law at UEA or is going to be living in Nelson Court, send me a private message and I can add you into two group chats on faceboook for law students and nelson court people :smile:
Hi all,

I got an offer via clearing and was confirmed on UCAS this afternoon. I haven't received a confirmation email (junk checked) so don't have a UEA student number.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Original post by Mitchware
Hi all,

I got an offer via clearing and was confirmed on UCAS this afternoon. I haven't received a confirmation email (junk checked) so don't have a UEA student number.

Any ideas?

Thanks

i would wait for the confirmation email, it will definitely be on that ... even those of us who had uea as their firm choice and got accepted havent received that email yet ... it should be going out some time next week :smile: x
Original post by cmlillis
what about a desklamp and bin in the village ensuite bedrooms? thanks!

from what i have been told
desk lamp - you can bring one
bin - there are already bins in all of the bedrooms and if you are a girl there is an additional one in the bathroom
hope i helped :smile: congratulations on getting in x
Got my room offer! NTE0306, anyone on my floor?
I got mine too, although not sure on which floor I am....NTB0312
Original post by bri1221
Got my room offer! NTE0306, anyone on my floor?

Original post by claudia2
I got mine too, although not sure on which floor I am....NTB0312

you're floor is 03 for both, just in different blocks :smile:
got my room! NTB0212A :smile:
Recieved an email this morning, i'll be living in Colman house CH08!
if your page says "you have no application this year" dont panic, i rang and apparently it is and error with IT and everything it fine :smile: x
Why havent i gotten my email yet!? This makes me worry..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've sent off my application for accommodation now. How long can I expect to wait if I went through clearing?
Original post by rolierol
Why havent i gotten my email yet!? This makes me worry..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not everyone are getting their offers today, so don't worry! You can follow UEA accommodation @UEA_Accom on twitter, they update everytime they send a batch of offers, plus you can feel free to ask them questions. :smile:
Thank you.. but git my accom now.. thank you..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just confirmed my accomodation.. anyone staying in britten house?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending