The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jai Sandhu
Ill be studying laws as well... the laws of Mathematics :colondollar:

Enjoy, sounds painfully hard (at least for me), are you going to be accommodating next year?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by rachlily
I'll be doing Politics and International Studies.
Anyone else?
Also, when do we find out which accommodation we got into?

I'm doing Politics with International Studies as well. Just waiting for my adjustment offer to finally be confirmed on Track.
Original post by madrid90
Hi all, I will be studying law :biggrin: anyone else here studying law?

Me :smile:
Original post by CluffyUno
I'm doing maths!

Original post by fatart123
We're all doing maths :wink:

Original post by Ray7
Me tooo! :smile:

Great! Do you know how to access the files in the maths society's dropbox by any chance?

Link: http://warwickmaths.org/
Original post by madrid90
Enjoy, sounds painfully hard (at least for me), are you going to be accommodating next year?

Each to their own, I cant write essays to save my life, nor would I want to. I put bluebell as my first choice, what about you?
Original post by ShafTJB
Unconditional offer for Engineering! :smile:

Wow! Congrats (I know its a bit late)

How did you manage to get an unconditional???
I've been accepted to study maths at Warwick. Anyone else?
European Law (German Option) Student here!!

Anyone else?
Original post by Alan2.718
I've been accepted to study maths at Warwick. Anyone else?

Yep; I've seen quite a few others on here (TSR not just this thread) too
Reply 1109
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Yep; I've seen quite a few others on here (TSR not just this thread) too

Would you say Warwick is better than Imperial for Maths in terms of reputation and course? Just curious as I've heard of COWI
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ray7
Would you say Warwick is better than Imperial for Maths in terms of reputation and course? Just curious

I think in general Warwick has a slightly better reputation for maths. However it's important to note that Imperial undoubtedly has the superior overall reputation, while Warwick's maths department is sometimes seen almost apart from its others (quite unfairly, as other departments like economics are also ranked extremely highly) in terms of prestige. Imperial is fairly often ranked higher for maths in league tables as well but these vary and are somewhat untrustworthy. As far as maths goes most will put COWI on top with Cambridge viewed almost universally as the best and the others more up for debate.
In terms of course, I didn't look too much into Imperial (didn't fancy going to London) so I can't help that much. All I have is vague memory of people saying Warwick is superior in pure mathematics but Imperial has better statistics and other applied. I believe Warwick allows more choice than Imperial.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1111
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I think in general Warwick has a slightly better reputation for maths. However it's important to note that Imperial undoubtedly has the superior overall reputation, while Warwick's maths department is sometimes seen almost apart from its others (quite unfairly, as other departments like economics are also ranked extremely highly) in terms of prestige. Imperial is fairly often ranked higher for maths in league tables as well but these vary and are somewhat untrustworthy. As far as maths goes most will put COWI on top with Cambridge viewed almost universally as the best and the others more up for debate.
In terms of course, I didn't look too much into Imperial (didn't fancy going to London) so I can't help that much. All I have is vague memory of people saying Warwick is superior in pure mathematics but Imperial has better statistics and other applied. I believe Warwick allows more choice than Imperial.

Interesting, and thanks for the detailed answer :smile:
Original post by johnperp
Great! Do you know how to access the files in the maths society's dropbox by any chance?

Link: http://warwickmaths.org/

What happens when you try and open the dropbox?
[QUOTE="mhelof;58471749"]Hi everyone!

I missed a few percent off my UCL offer (*sigh*) and that means I'm coming to Warwick in October! Going to study Biomedical Sciences :smile:[/QUOTE

That's awesome! I'm starting in October doing Biological Sciences:h:
I'm an English Literature student! Not looking forward to my summer reading list though...
Reply 1115
Original post by xalyssia_
Me :smile:

Me too
Anyone doing History??
Original post by rachlily
I'll be doing Politics and International Studies.
Anyone else?
Also, when do we find out which accommodation we got into?

Me too!

I still haven't applied, so idk, probably mid-september?
Reply 1118
Looks like I'm a chemistry student in Warwick now :biggrin: as for acomodation the Email said we'll get info week comencing semptember 7th
Original post by brittanna
What happens when you try and open the dropbox?

I can't see any of the files, it just shows a dash next to them.

Quick Reply

Latest