The Student Room Group

I wish I was a smart Asian...

I wish I was a really smart Asian (preferably Chinese) that got good grades all the time and had a great life ahead of them.

They're so lucky.. they're pretty and smart.. Not fair....

Scroll to see replies

why Chinese?
I know a lot of butthead Chinese people

@Proxenus/@The_Blade

I might not seem like it lol but you know Will from the Inbetweeners? I'm a pair of specs and virginity away from being him as far as taking my education and academic career seriously. And I'm desi/Indian, not Chinese :colonhash:
Reply 2
Original post by Man.bear.pig
why Chinese?
I know a lot of butthead Chinese people

@Proxenus/@The_Blade

I might not seem like it lol but you know Will from the Inbetweeners? I'm a pair of specs and virginity away from being him as far as taking my education and academic career seriously. And I'm desi/Indian, not Chinese :colonhash:

Because I feel like Chinese people get more respect :frown:

tbh I wouldn't mind being Indian either!
Original post by 1295084

what even are you?
Reply 4
what even are you?

A rare breed
You dont need to be Asian to be smart, go and study instead of being on TSR
^no feeding the trollasaurus
Original post by driftawaay

I'm not sure if driftawaay is Asian, but she's the smart one here. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by ToadHallToad
^no feeding the trollasaurus

Nope. Not a troll- I'm being very honest :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by driftawaay

Funnily enough I was studying, on my break right now- thanks for the advice though :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by 1295084
I wish I was a really smart Asian (preferably Chinese) that got good grades all the time and had a great life ahead of them.

That is the most stupidest comment i have heard. It has nothing to do with ethnicity, or nationality. It matters about how hard you work and how you understand things and how information is processed. So, what you're saying is wrong.
Original post by 1295084

Get more respect?? Ugh not really...maybe in terms of academics but everything else, nah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
I'm not sure if driftawaay is Asian, but she's the smart one here. :smile:

I'm smart too :sad:
Trol lol lol lol
I'm smart too :sad:

You are smart too, then. :hat2:
Original post by Lyuz
Get more respect?? Ugh not really...maybe in terms of academics but everything else, nah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm sorry you feel that way. i try to be as respectful as possible when I'm ordering takeaway.
Original post by SeanFM
You are smart too, then. :hat2:

Original post by 1295084

I am a smart asian who just wants to be smarter so my parents like me. They've decided which degree im doing and i gave in because my dad was giving me the cold shoulder and he was blaming mum for my 'disobedience'. The household runs on my grades. It is the only source of love or happiness.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
I feel you... N that's coming from a not so smart Asian...chinese

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Pomum96
I am a smart asian who just wants to be smarter so my parents like me. They've decided which degree im doing and i gave in because my dad was giving me the cold shoulder and he was blaming mum for my 'disobedience'. The household runs on my grades. It is the only source of love or happiness.

Wouldn't that be a good thing though? It must feel good to get good grades all the time and to know that you'll eventually get on to do a good degree. I would love that.

Quick Reply

Latest