The Student Room Group

Am I the only one that wouldn't mind dying alone?

I've seen so many people become sad and depressed because they don't have a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband etc. I just don't understand why.

Every time I tell someone that I don't want to get married or have kids and I wouldn't mind living alone with my cats (would've been dogs but I'm way to lazy to walk them) they always think I'm mental or they say that I'd just be wasting my life.

I don't get it. Why's everyone so scared of being alone? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

It's "nature" to find a mate, have a family, pass down your genes etc. To not do any of those is like "defying nature". So society adapts this thought process and casts out anyone who isn't normal; who dares to be different.

Of course, there is nothing wrong with not having found a mate by a certain age. But it should be a choice whether you want a mate and start a family. And the choice should be respected by others.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm with you on that.
As for why, well, I believe it's partly social stigma, and partly because humans are programmed to want to have families/reproduce I guess.
Reply 3
Original post by Luindes
I'm with you on that.
As for why, well, I believe it's partly social stigma, and partly because humans are programmed to want to have families/reproduce I guess.

Yep I 100% agree
Original post by User008
I've seen so many people become sad and depressed because they don't have a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband etc. I just don't understand why.

Every time I tell someone that I don't want to get married or have kids and I wouldn't mind living alone with my cats (would've been dogs but I'm way to lazy to walk them) they always think I'm mental or they say that I'd just be wasting my life.

I don't get it. Why's everyone so scared of being alone? :s-smilie:

says the girl who made a thread begging for conversation because she was so lonely.

Reply 5
Original post by Man.bear.pig
says the girl who made a thread begging for conversation because she was so lonely.

LOL! Hey don't judge me!

Also, in this thread I'm talking about partners as in husbands, wives. It doesn't mean I want to be completely alone I still want friends ofc :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by User008
LOL! Hey don't judge me!

Also, in this thread I'm talking about partners as in husbands, wives. It doesn't mean I want to be completely alone I still want friends ofc :wink:

you'd rather mates than dates?
intresting.
It's easier to depend on someone else. Quite frankly, you could be in a relationship and be more miserable than you ever could be if you were alone. I commend you for your decision, show them how wrong they are!
intresting.

Me(w)Two
Reply 9
intresting.

Yep. Less emotional pain that way...
Reply 10
Original post by BookBird
It's easier to depend on someone else. Quite frankly, you could be in a relationship and be more miserable than you ever could be if you were alone. I commend you for your decision, show them how wrong they are!

Exactly! Thank you for that, BookBird :smile:
Reply 11
Me too!! I honestly don't mind being alone forever!
We all die alone, toots.
It makes no difference to me either way, people are ****ing annoying. Just don't become a cat lady, m'kay?
Reply 14
Original post by Viva Emptiness
We all die alone, toots.

Exactly- born alone. Die alone
Reply 15
Original post by CaptainJosh
It makes no difference to me either way, people are ****ing annoying. Just don't become a cat lady, m'kay?

But I love cats! :frown:
intresting.

Yes, we would rather mate than date. That way we wouldn't have to buy dinner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't mind dying alone either. I have never been attracted to anyone or ever felt the need of romantic affection. This works in my favour since i'm ugly af
Reply 18
Original post by Cannoning
Yes, we would rather mate than date. That way we wouldn't have to buy dinner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Logical thinking, my friend
Reply 19
Original post by Vlammm
I wouldn't mind dying alone either. I have never been attracted to anyone or ever felt the need of romantic affection. This works in my favour since i'm ugly af

Good for you! You've managed to dodge the bullet of potential heartbreak :wink:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest