The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like 5 years on was yesterday?

Like 5 years on since my friendship fallout and these conversations sometimes echo in my head, 5 years on since something big happened to me and I made a big decision that I am not even sure whether I regret or not now, 5 years on and my life changed. I really wish it felt like a distant memory but since it's the most recent traumatic thing that happened (friendship fallout) it's sometimes on my mind now. How do you think another 5 years will go by?
Reply 1
Falling out with friends suck. I recently fell out with a friend but tbh that situation made me realise that I don't think I really wanted to be friends with her in the first place. Relationships ending sucks but you can grow and learn from it. If the situation is negatively impacting you you should definitely talk about it with someone. :five:
5 years pretty much was yesterday if you ask me.
Reply 3
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
5 years pretty much was yesterday if you ask me.

Not to everyone, I show pictures of my teachers to my sister and she says why am I obsessed with college lot and I am living in the past. It is in the past, not present. If you are thinking about it you are basically reliving it again. You lived it once, why relive it?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Not to everyone, I show pictures of my teachers to my sister and she says why am I obsessed with college lot and I am living in the past. It is in the past, not present. If you are thinking about it you are basically reliving it again. You lived it once, why relive it?

I live in the past as well you’re not alone…I left sixth form nearly a year ago but I still wake up thinking I’m still in year13 lol i can’t move on from any period of time I was happy in
Reply 5
Original post by Andi.0k
Falling out with friends suck. I recently fell out with a friend but tbh that situation made me realise that I don't think I really wanted to be friends with her in the first place. Relationships ending sucks but you can grow and learn from it. If the situation is negatively impacting you you should definitely talk about it with someone. :five:

I fell out with 3 genuine friends and one evil one who doesn't want what's best for me. I don't blame them for blocking me because I was having some mental health problems and they were telling me to think of others when I can't think straight. I also have to bare in mind there is nothing friends can do about my problems and that's why they stress about it and they tell me to stress about other students and ignore my own problems. They thought I was attention seeking when I actually needed help and it may have come across that way because of the stuff I was saying and then retracting and saying I didn't mean it. I feel like I am dying but I am apparently not important enough and others have it worse than me with no shelter no food no nothing.
Reply 6
I live in the past as well you’re not alone…I left sixth form nearly a year ago but I still wake up thinking I’m still in year13 lol i can’t move on from any period of time I was happy in

I dropped out of year 13 and I don't even know whether I regret it or not, year 13 studying A Levels is hell. A big part of me regrets it because I am capable but another part of me thinks everything happens for a reason and I am glad I won't see my ex friends again and I am glad I avoided the stress and pressure.
Reply 7
I fell out with 3 genuine friends and one evil one who doesn't want what's best for me. I don't blame them for blocking me because I was having some mental health problems and they were telling me to think of others when I can't think straight. I also have to bare in mind there is nothing friends can do about my problems and that's why they stress about it and they tell me to stress about other students and ignore my own problems. They thought I was attention seeking when I actually needed help and it may have come across that way because of the stuff I was saying and then retracting and saying I didn't mean it. I feel like I am dying but I am apparently not important enough and others have it worse than me with no shelter no food no nothing.

Did they know you were struggling?

I hate that argument because no matter who you are there are always people who have it better and people who have it worse. They're just trying to invalidate your feelings because they think they're better than you. My old friend did something similar when she blamed me for being offended when she insulted me despite her throwing a hissy fit whenever someone disagreed with her. Toxic people and mental illness do not mix
Hope you are healing :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending