The Student Room Group

Can I ask to switch from BSc to MSc?

Hi all,

I've recently started an allied health professions BSc which I am enjoying. However, I already have a previous degree and master's and I worry that I'm feeling like it's a bit of a step back. I know the MSc was full and closed for clearing, but it is possible that maybe someone didn't show up for enrolment? I'm wondering if I could ask if it would be possible to switch from the BSc to the MSc or whether that would come across that I'm uncommitted or not enjoying my course?

Thank you
Original post by blossomx
Hi all,

I've recently started an allied health professions BSc which I am enjoying. However, I already have a previous degree and master's and I worry that I'm feeling like it's a bit of a step back. I know the MSc was full and closed for clearing, but it is possible that maybe someone didn't show up for enrolment? I'm wondering if I could ask if it would be possible to switch from the BSc to the MSc or whether that would come across that I'm uncommitted or not enjoying my course?

Thank you

You can ask, of course. If you're worried about looking uncommitted, sell it as "I'm really enjoying this course and would love for it to last for an extra year. Are there any places available on the integrated master's?".

(I'm assuming the MSc you refer to is a 4-year integrated master's and not a stand-alone post-grad degree, in which case the above approach wouldn't work.)
Original post by blossomx
Hi all,

Thank you

I don't think it shows a lack of commitment. Just ask - they can only say no. One thing to bear in mind, make sure it is a pre-registration masters course and that you would be still be entitled to both tuition fee and maintenance loan undergraduate funding.
Hi, I was just wondering if you managed to do this as I’m interested in doing the same thing, thanks☺️

Quick Reply

Latest