The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Arsenal seasons are so predictable, they only ever go two ways.

Start well, talk of winning the league, repeatedly lost to rivals, lose in CL round of 16, half the squad injured, finish 3rd/4th
Start poorly, half the squad injured, talk of Wenger losing his touch, lose in CL round of 16, finish the season strongly, finish 3rd/4th

our only hopes for this season

Original post by angelfox
our only hopes for this season

Well that's us ****ed then.
On a serious note for once, what the bloody hell is wrong with Wenger?
Does he seriously think you didn't require any outfield improvements?

Rodgers is mentally impaired and he still bought us a bunch of players that went straight in to our first team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Expecting big things from Wilshere when he returns. He will be very important for us.
Imagine thinking people still care about the FA Cup
Original post by Lúcio

Rodgers is mentally impaired and he still bought us a bunch of players that went straight in to our first team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's too busy mirin that net spend

Original post by midnightice
Expecting big things from Wilshere when he returns. He will be very important for us.

For the two games before he gets injured again?
Original post by difeo

Wouldn't mind winning it to be honest...

#smallclubmentality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Suarez was available. We didn't have the balls to take Liverpool to court.

Because you wouldn't have won as it was a good faith clause which won't stand up in UK courts.

That being said, the £40m +1 bid was an absolute pisstake
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio

Putting so much faith in this current crop will either be genius or delusional. Time will tell, this could be Wenger greatest feat or the final nail.

So much believe in this group can't be random or misplaced, there has to be something special about them only Wenger can see.
Original post by difeo

United fans would have given their right hand for 3rd and a FA Cup win last season
Arsenal definitely have the most split & divided fanbase.

In other news, bears **** in the woods.
Original post by Lúcio

Posted from TSR Mobile

tbf nobody from Liverpool would get into the first choice Arsenal 11
Original post by Lúcio

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not defending Wenger, he should've done much more, but tbf regarding Rodgers, it's a lot easier to improve last season's liverpool team than last season's Arsenal team. None of the players Rodgers has bought for Liverpool would go straight into our first team except maybe Clyne, but RB was never a position we were looking at anyway.

Apart from Benteke and Coutinho
Bielik gonna end up starting games if the injury crisis repeats itself
Original post by The Shed End
Apart from Benteke and Coutinho

I love how my post (for once) was serious and in no way an insult to your fans or players, yet you still make a completely irrelevant dig at Liverpool.
If that isn't a classic Arsenal fan, I don't know what is...

P.S: For the record, Benteke, Coutinho and Clyne would get in to your team :smile:

Original post by sevchenko
Putting so much faith in this current crop will either be genius or delusional. Time will tell, this could be Wenger greatest feat or the final nail.

So much believe in this group can't be random or misplaced, there has to be something special about them only Wenger can see.

I just don't see the angle he's taking here.
You're a consistent CL level club and you clearly have money to spend, yet your manager chooses not to spend it.

I understand he may not want to panic buy, but why the bloody hell have you STILL not replaced Giroud.
Listen, the guy isn't bad at all but this is Arsenal and you really could have a top striker leading your line.
You won't win anything except domestic cups with Wenger - you need a manager who is willing to actually take risks and spend a bit of money.

Original post by e aí rapaz
I'm not defending Wenger, he should've done much more, but tbf regarding Rodgers, it's a lot easier to improve last season's liverpool team than last season's Arsenal team. None of the players Rodgers has bought for Liverpool would go straight into our first team except maybe Clyne, but RB was never a position we were looking at anyway.

I don't disagree at all.
Our team last season was an absolute shambles and looking at how we've improved half of it by spending about 75m, that really does say a lot about how poor it was to begin with.
75m sounds like a lot but when you're a top 4 aspiring club replacing 5 first team players in this kind of market, it really isn't.
(I would argue Benteke would go in to your team but that's not the point i'm trying to make here.)

When you have the prestige and consistency of Arsenal, you should always be looking to improve.
Yes you added Cech which was great, but to not buy a single outfield player whilst your rivals buy several?
Inexcusable.

The league is constantly changing; teams are spending hundreds of millions to keep up with the rest and you'll always have clubs like Swansea, Soton and Spurs nipping at your heels.
Wenger doesn't seem to understand how things have really changed in recent times.
It only takes a few injuries before you're in big trouble - let's hope for your sake you stay clear.

P.S: this is not a dig at Arsenal in any way, this is not a rival fan trying to bait or feel superior, this is merely my honest assessment of the failings of your manager and i truly feel your club deserves more and could achieve more with somebody else. Fans are greedy. They don't want consistency, they want progression.
(edited 8 years ago)
rosicky>Coutinho

100% srs
Wright -> Henry -> RVP -> Giroud

Latest