The Student Room Group

What accommodation?

Okay, so I am applying for uni in the next few months just wanted some opinions as to what the best type of accommodation is...thank you:h:
Original post by itsemilyyeahh
Okay, so I am applying for uni in the next few months just wanted some opinions as to what the best type of accommodation is...thank you:h:

Honestly, depends where you are going and what budget you have? And also what your standards are. :biggrin: I went for the best room but i could have survived in a cheaper room. They are just less modern and more worn.
Original post by Hayley Williams
Honestly, depends where you are going and what budget you have? And also what your standards are. :biggrin: I went for the best room but i could have survived in a cheaper room. They are just less modern and more worn.

How much were you paying for that? And was it difficult to budget for food and essentials?:u:
How much were you paying for that? And was it difficult to budget for food and essentials?:u:

My accommodation for this year is £5000 :smile: I don't know, i haven't started yet but i knew when i look around the other accommodation, i didn't want to live in it. You need to get to tours of accommodation and see what you actually like.

Well I'd say if you are going to start your first year then apply for halls at your university. Halls is always worth while in first year and good fun along the way. I'd suggest going in there.

However, if you can find a few people to live with, look at getting a house share together? I've just moved into one in my second year and loving it already two days in. However, I feel that the house share is better in second year because it's really time to start focusing and getting our heads down and settling down.

Just explore the options!
Original post by JustGeorgeJ
Well I'd say if you are going to start your first year then apply for halls at your university. Halls is always worth while in first year and good fun along the way. I'd suggest going in there.

However, if you can find a few people to live with, look at getting a house share together? I've just moved into one in my second year and loving it already two days in. However, I feel that the house share is better in second year because it's really time to start focusing and getting our heads down and settling down.

Just explore the options!

Thank you, yeah I was planning on staying in halls for the first year but not sure if I should go for a cheaper accommodation or the more expensive one:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending