The Student Room Group

What do people think of Muslim girls that wear hijab and abaya (the long black dress)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by EastAfrican
"I don't feel confident enough to wear the black dress in public".

Don't care what other people think about you. You are only wearing it to please Allah S.W.T.

Posted from TSR Mobile

at the end of the day, wearing an abaya (black dress) is not compulsory, Islam requires us to cover our bodies and we can do that wearing casual loose clothes too.

I can still please Allah by wearing loose modest clothes... it's the same thing :smile:
To the ignorant people saying we shouldn't be covering our hair and body because its a non-muslim country..um, so what? In Egypt,Tunisia, Sudan...etc although they are muslim countries you see non Muslims wearing whatever they want and nobody says anything. Don't use Saudi as an excuse because their whole government is corrupt but the majority of muslim countries has people from different faiths wearing what they want so get a life already.
i think that they are unapproachable but when you see them you wonder how they look like well i know i do, sometimes i feel they are trapped in their own religion and just because their religion says wear full black clothes doesn't mean they want to do it . i wonder how their husbands choose them if you can't even see your face. i do feel uncomfortable when i see them because they are a bit intimidating and stand out from the crowd.
Original post by erika1999
i think that they are unapproachable but when you see them you wonder how they look like well i know i do, sometimes i feel they are trapped in their own religion and just because their religion says wear full black clothes doesn't mean they want to do it . i wonder how their husbands choose them if you can't even see your face. i do feel uncomfortable when i see them because they are a bit intimidating and stand out from the crowd.

The are generally differing views on the topic, the general view is that both male & female must wear loose modest clothing which covers their body figure and awrah, for females this extends to hair and neck. The idea about covering the face differs due differences in some opinions, from not compulsory, to recommended to obligatory. Hence why the majority of female Muslims do not wear the face veil.

Quick Reply

Latest