The Student Room Group

People wearing sports wear when they're not doing sports

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GangBang
How can people say sports wear is cheap?? An average adult nike tracksuit can range to over 100£, just for joggers and a hoody. Nike air max trainers are typically around 100£.

Yeah, but you only buy branded kit if you're an idiot. I buy trainers from decathlon for £8.99 that last about 12 months, shorts from Tesco for £8, socks from Tesco, 6 for £5, and a lightweight polo shirt from Matalan for a £10.
Reply 21
all my sports wear are branded, i wear them everywhere. better than normie cloth tbh
Well they /are/ extremely comfortable, can't deny that one.
Today I was shocked I was on the phone and I saw a girl wearing joggers with high heels
Walking around in branded sportswear is like getting the word CHAV tattooed on your forehead.
I wear joggers at uni a lot because they're way more comfortable than jeans. I wouldn't walk around in my running vests / shorts though (it would be cold if nothing else).
At the moment I can pretty much only wear leggings or tracksuit bottoms on my legs due do to a skin condition. They tend to be less harsh and irritable.
Because its comfortable or they are just chavs.

I try not to wear sports wear in public these days as I dont wanna look like a chav but occasionally I'll wear some joggers/trackies if I'm heading to the gym or quickly popping to the shops.

Used to casually walk around anywhere in tracksuits when I was younger but looking back it makes me cringe.
Because they're sometimes more comfortable (especially when it's hot) than wearing something like jeans.

When we were in France, it was too hot to wear cotton t-shirts without stinking; so I chucked on a sports top instead. Much cooler!
Original post by OU Student
Because they're sometimes more comfortable (especially when it's hot) than wearing something like jeans.

When we were in France, it was too hot to wear cotton t-shirts without stinking; so I chucked on a sports top instead. Much cooler!

That makes no sense. Sports tops are designed to wick sweat away from your body, reducing visible sweat patches, but seriously inhibiting your ability to cool down. They are also notoriously smelly.

If you want to stay cool, you need to wear a loose fitting, breathable fabric like cotton or linen.
Original post by cole-slaw
That makes no sense. Sports tops are designed to wick sweat away from your body, reducing visible sweat patches, but seriously inhibiting your ability to cool down. They are also notoriously smelly.

If you want to stay cool, you need to wear a loose fitting, breathable fabric like cotton or linen.

Cotton isn't breathable.
Original post by ammmauk
all my sports wear are branded, i wear them everywhere. better than normie cloth tbh

Normie cloth

lol
Original post by OU Student
Cotton isn't breathable.

Yes it is. It's just about the most breathable material there is.

You should only ever wear natural fibres. Man-made fabrics are awful.
I wear joggers/hoodies a lot call me a chav idc.
http://www.fibre2fashion.com/industry-article/28/2768/cotton-or-poly-cotton-fabric1.asp

"100% cotton is a fully breathable fabric, which means that it can be cooler to wear in hot conditions. However, as the thickness increases, the breathability decreases. 100% cotton tends to rip and wear out easily, depending on the weave. Cotton canvas is a very durable and abrasion-resistant fabric, but it is very thick and heavy. In regards to safety, cotton fibers that have not been treated for fire-resistance will tend to burn away where polyester will melt. As a natural fiber, 100% cotton garments also tend to be a bit more expensive than the synthetic counterparts"

Unless you want to bake to death, always check on the label that anything you intend to wear for sports is 100% cotton before you buy it.
Reply 35
Original post by tehforum
Normie cloth

lol

yes
Reply 36
I wear sport tights when jogging or cycling in and occasionally visit a cafe in said attire during the activity. Comfy AF. Socially speaking though, a lot harder for a guy to get away with this compared to a girl. There are some who try though. i.e. the Basketball look.

Quick Reply

Latest