The Student Room Group

Is there a danger that bored,rebellious teens might see islam as 'cool'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waqar Khanny
Mate u are gonna go to hell...it's fine you can act like a badasś now...but when ur in ur. Grave u will regret what u said

But what if there is no hell?
Surat Al baqarah [2:1-8]
"Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe."

No point arguing with people like you, no matter how much of the truth we tell u, you don't want to believe it, because u are scared to accept the truth

Enjoy your pointless life...

Lmao, you think posting a quote from the Quran saying that whoever doesn't believe in the Quran is a fool, is evidence? The Bible also says that those who don't believe in the Bible are fools, you need to polish up on your logical skills.

And we don't need Islam to give our lives meaning thanks. For me, following Islam would make my life pointless.
Original post by Drewski
As soon as they see the no alcohol and no bacon rules they'll think twice.

Not to mention the whole no sex until marriage thing.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I see, have you been to the incredibly rich Saudi Arabia lately? Lots of Mosques and body parts going BOOM on a weekly basis. Nevermind the human rights abuses and weekly beheadings by the state...

You heard of the 2022 world cup? Do know which incredibly rich country is using and abusing slaves to build the infrastructure....?

Whist there are atrocities and human rights abuses committed in the name of Christianity, they are few and far between and nowhere near the scale or frequency of that of their smaller religious brother Islam

Well Saudi Arabia are the paymasters of ISIS so it's not surprising really. I don't think many of the ISIS recruits are Saudis... they prefer to keep the conflict at arms length
Original post by scrotgrot
Well Saudi Arabia are the paymasters of ISIS so it's not surprising really. I don't think many of the ISIS recruits are Saudis... they prefer to keep the conflict at arms length

So you do know about Saudi then.. And Qatar? See how it totally refutes your point about it being due to poor Islamic countries?
So you do know about Saudi then.. And Qatar? See how it totally refutes your point about it being due to poor Islamic countries?

Not really. The fundamentalism is bred and practised in those parts of the Arab world where people are poor and desperate. If Iraq, Syria and the other places where ISIS is recruiting were rich countries like in post-Christian Europe everybody would be too busy enjoying their lives to be seduced by religious fundamentalism dogma.

For example do you really think the Northern Irish sectarianism, or even the political militancy of certain Northern English local authorities, would have persisted if those regions had been as rich as south-east England?
Not really. The fundamentalism is bred and practised in those parts of the Arab world where people are poor and desperate. If Iraq, Syria and the other places where ISIS is recruiting were rich countries like in post-Christian Europe everybody would b- e too busy enjoying their lives to be seduced by religious fundamentalism dogma.

For example do you really think the Northern Irish sectarianism, or even the political militancy of certain Northern English local authorities, would have persisted if those regions had been as rich as south-east England?

lool

Saudi Arabia arrests 431 Islamic state suspects
http://news.sky.com/story/1521265/saudi-arabia-arrests-431-islamic-state-suspects

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY - Islamic state has over 20,000 foreign fighters many from USA . EUROPE . AUSTRALIA and so on.

I don't know enough about the Northern Irish conflict to confidently answer. I only talk about stuff i know
Original post by shawn_o1
It's how every evil act generated a following and became influential: they targeted the people who can't think for themselves.

Or literally stopped people who can think for themselves
lool

Saudi Arabia arrests 431 Islamic state suspects
http://news.sky.com/story/1521265/saudi-arabia-arrests-431-islamic-state-suspects

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH MONEY - Islamic state has over 20,000 foreign fighters many from USA . EUROPE . AUSTRALIA and so on.

I don't know enough about the Northern Irish conflict to confidently answer. I only talk about stuff i know

That's really not very many considering just over the border there is an army of several hundred thousand of them. Those recruited from Europe etc doubtless have family in Syria on which they are basing their grievances.
That's really not very many considering just over the border there is an army of several hundred thousand of them. Those recruited from Europe etc doubtless have family in Syria on which they are basing their grievances.

So you have gone from "ISIS is recruiting were rich countries like in post-Christian Europe everybody would be too busy enjoying their lives to be seduced by religious fundamentalism dogma."

To

Well 471 Isis in filthy rich Saudi Arabia isnt much because there is an army of them in their their Caliphate in Syria / Iraq

To

People leave rich countries in Europe to join Isis and behead, murder and enslave innocents because they have grievances

Pathetic goal post shifting. Would you like to explain what grieviances are causing British citizens to travel to Syria and behead, burn alive and rape innocent human beings and children?

Is this forum full of 16 year old terrorist sympathisers who know nothing about the world or their own religion?
(edited 8 years ago)
So you have gone from "ISIS is recruiting were rich countries like in post-Christian Europe everybody would be too busy enjoying their lives to be seduced by religious fundamentalism dogma."

To

Well 471 Isis in filthy rich Saudi Arabia isnt much because there is an army of them in their their Caliphate in Syria / Iraq

To

People leave rich countries in Europe to join Isis and behead, murder and enslave innocents because they have grievances

Pathetic goal post shifting. Would you like to explain what grieviances are causing British citizens to travel to Syria and behead, burn alive and rape innocent human beings and children?

Is this forum full of 16 year old terrorist sympathisers who know nothing about the world or their own religion?

I don’t see where the big contradiction is. My thesis is that ISIS fighters come from poor Arab countries, or where they live in rich countries they have a connection like family to the poor country. Several hundred thousand in Iraq and Syria and only 471 in Saudi would seem to corroborate that.

And where did I say their grievances were fair or justified? People don't go to war just to "be evil" - though doubtless power corrupts once they are there. But they generally have some sort of internal narrative that underpins why they want to go to some hot dusty ****ty country and fight a holy war.
I don’t see where the big contradiction is. My thesis is that ISIS fighters come from poor Arab countries, or where they live in rich countries they have a connection like family to the poor country. Several hundred thousand in Iraq and Syria and only 471 in Saudi would seem to corroborate that.

And where did I say their grievances were fair or justified? People don't go to war just to "be evil" - though doubtless power corrupts once they are there. But they generally have some sort of internal narrative that underpins why they want to go to some hot dusty ****ty country and fight a holy war.

You have gone from blaming it on £££ to moving the to family reasons. That is a clear goal post shift after I showed you the number of ISIS inside rich countries who are rich. I am absoloutely positive if i google reyhad Khan and Mohammed Emwazi and other notable British Jihadi's I will find the same. I will find out they have no family in Syria and were in fact radicalised on Islamic scripture.

It exasperates me that you dont understand why there are thousands of ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria but not in other countries... do i really need to tell you its because in other countries they would be arrested and prosecuted whilst In Iraq and Syria they themselves are the government and can be free to do whatever they like without impunity??
You have gone from blaming it on £££ to moving the to family reasons. That is a clear goal post shift after I showed you the number of ISIS inside rich countries who are rich. I am absoloutely positive if i google reyhad Khan and Mohammed Emwazi and other notable British Jihadi's I will find the same. I will find out they have no family in Syria and were in fact radicalised on Islamic scripture.

It exasperates me that you dont understand why there are thousands of ISIS fighters in Iraq and Syria but not in other countries... do i really need to tell you its because in other countries they would be arrested and prosecuted whilst In Iraq and Syria they themselves are the government and can be free to do whatever they like without impunity??

Doubtless they were radicalised on a jihadist interpretation of Islamic scripture, but there is a reason why they sought it out and were affected by it. People don't just turn evil or get brainwashed for no reason

Is there any source which estimates the provenance of ISIS fighters?
Doubtless they were radicalised on a jihadist interpretation of Islamic scripture, but there is a reason why they sought it out and were affected by it. People don't just turn evil or get brainwashed for no reason

Is there any source which estimates the provenance of ISIS fighters?

Well we can discount poverty given the number of affluent western fighters.

I guess most of these figures come from the Human rights group Syrian observatory for human rights

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfographics/foreign-fighters-syria-iraq-is-isis-isil-infographic/26584940.html

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/14758-saudis-most-likely-to-join-isis-10-of-groups-fighters-are-women
Doubtless they were radicalised on a jihadist interpretation of Islamic scripture,

a jihadists is a perfectably accpetable status within islam, perhaps you are not aware that mohammed was a jihadist.

but there is a reason why they sought it out and were affected by it. People don't just turn evil or get brainwashed for no reason
no, it takes a very persistent uncomprimising and well orchestrated dogma , like islam, which has honed this process for more than 1000 years.
Reply 95
Original post by The Good Doctor
All the lack of sex, alcohol and bacon was what first drew me in! :K:

Yeh but remember as a teenager trying to find yourself and all that thinking why not give into a ideology where thinking for yourself isn't an issue
Reply 96
You people are just scared, you hate the fact that Islam is the only fastest growing religion. If our views are wrong why are so many people converting to Islam ...hmmmn care to enlighten me?
You can't do anything about the fact that no matter how much you try and make our religion look bad, we still have many many many people joining us.

FACE IT...YOU PEOPLE ARE SCARED

And Muhammad said have many children, like Hitler said. = more soldiers
Reply 97
You people are just scared, you hate the fact that Islam is the only fastest growing religion. If our views are wrong why are so many people converting to Islam ...hmmmn care to enlighten me?
You can't do anything about the fact that no matter how much you try and make our religion look bad, we still have many many many people joining us.

FACE IT...YOU PEOPLE ARE SCARED

Reply 98
Original post by MJlover
Rebellion in modern western society, almost has everything to do with taking drugs, drinking and doing other bad stuff.

This is the opposite of good Muslim behavior, we respect parents, don't drink or take other intoxicants, don't waste time in clubs, and we are humble to God, so I can't imagine a western teenager 'rebelling' by doing any of these things.

I can imagine you are kept in a white room like a battery hen till you are ready at breeding age where you will be forced by your husband to spawn more religiously brainwashed children :frown: Thats how it sounds

or...the countries dont matter - ISIS recruits from muslim populations that are easy fooled by propaganda and deeply committed to islamic rhetoric

ISIS has members from at least 11 different countries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending