The Student Room Group

mum mad at me for having a love bite

hi im 19 and my bf gave me a love bite and i thought he was just biting my neck (as that’s what we do for laughs) and i then saw in the mirror at midnight a bruise and i asked in the morning and he said it was a hickey.
my mum hates them and i knew she’d be mad at me and she says its was younger teens do and it’s embarrassing and chavy. i feel really embarrassed and idk how to get her to think it’s normal.
she is really really mad and angry idk ahy?? is it bad to have love bites at my age?
Is it bad? Not really. Is it classy? Definitely not.
It does look Chevy, and makes you look cheap, but you haven’t harmed anyone apart from yourself and your reputation. So it really comes down to what you want other people to think about you.
Reply 2
I don't think she's actually angry that you got one. It's more so that she had to see it. When I I think of the 'embarrassing younger teens' as your mom mentioned, I remember the kids I saw walking around, looking like cheetahs with all the hickeys they were showing off. I don't know if that's becoming a trend but it's very tacky and indeed embarrassing.

Also, there are just certain things parents don't want to see especially when their children are growing up sexually. Hickeys are seen as sexual. Many parents wouldn't bat an eye about their 19 year old being active but they could react negatively if they had to see evidence of it.

You don't have to feel bad about having one. That's perfectly normal but maybe next time, keep it covered around your parents. That's the courteous thing to do.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad? Not really. Is it classy? Definitely not.
It does look Chevy, and makes you look cheap, but you haven’t harmed anyone apart from yourself and your reputation. So it really comes down to what you want other people to think about you.

Original post by DarylO
I don't think she's actually angry that you got one. It's more so that she had to see it. When I I think of the 'embarrassing younger teens' as your mom mentioned, I remember the kids I saw walking around, looking like cheetahs with all the hickeys they were showing off. I don't know if that's becoming a trend but it's very tacky and indeed embarrassing.

Also, there are just certain things parents don't want to see especially when their children are growing up sexually. Hickeys are seen as sexual. Many parents wouldn't bat an eye about their 19 year old being active but they could react negatively if they had to see evidence of it.

You don't have to feel bad about having one. That's perfectly normal but maybe next time, keep it covered around your parents. That's the courteous thing to do.

yeah he thought i knew it was happening otherwise i would have said to do it somewhere else on my body at least not my neck. i didn’t know it happened tho until i saw in the middle of the night sadly. i wish i knew so then i would’ve said no but oh well. she really liked him and idk if she is gonna like him the same rn. she said tor me to tell him that shes not happy too
yeah he thought i knew it was happening otherwise i would have said to do it somewhere else on my body at least not my neck. i didn’t know it happened tho until i saw in the middle of the night sadly. i wish i knew so then i would’ve said no but oh well. she really liked him and idk if she is gonna like him the same rn. she said tor me to tell him that shes not happy too

She doesn’t like what he did but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t like him. Just try and keep it covered up with scarves or makeup so it’s not under her nose all the time and she’ll get over it quickly.
Reply 5
She doesn’t like what he did but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t like him. Just try and keep it covered up with scarves or makeup so it’s not under her nose all the time and she’ll get over it quickly.

thank you!!will try and hide it
Reply 6
Your mum must be boring
Reply 7

It's okay. Mistakes do happen. She's unhappy right now but I don't think that's a reason to dislike him. That would be extreme. Just give her time to calm down and everything will be okay.
Reply 8
Original post by Reebster
Your mum must be boring

she is just very opinionated and is pretty strict with that kind of thing. i understand ig
Yeah your mum is bang on, it's a thing but a bit immature/cringe at 19
Reply 10
Original post by DarylO
It's okay. Mistakes do happen. She's unhappy right now but I don't think that's a reason to dislike him. That would be extreme. Just give her time to calm down and everything will be okay.

maybe she just doesn’t want me to get hurt or messed around for sexual things (which im not) idk so it should be ok
Reply 11
Original post by StriderHort
Yeah your mum is bang on, it's a thing but a bit immature/cringe at 19

i didn’t know it was happening tbh 😭 oh well and my bf told me to apologise for him sk ig its oj
Your mum must be boring

Is it boring to want people to think well of her daughter ? And as someone has already said, whilst most adults can accept the fact that their kids are sexually active, they don’t want the evidence shoved under their noses.It’s called respect.
Oh well, the sun will rise tomorrow morning. Not the end of the world
Reply 14
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9

Beat me too it!:biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9

that’s true
Reply 16
Is it boring to want people to think well of her daughter ? And as someone has already said, whilst most adults can accept the fact that their kids are sexually active, they don’t want the evidence shoved under their noses.It’s called respect.

I'm sure most of the parents did the same thing at a young age
I'm sure most of the parents did the same thing at a young age

They did, but they more than likely didn’t flaunt it. Discretion and respect is all that is being suggested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending